Trimble Retires

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Trimble Retires

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I was told as far back as Christmas that Andrew was sick if things and wanted to retire. No thought of trying to play elsewhere. His treatment this year makes me bilious.

The clown Kiss, twice apologized to him for ridiculous late cameos or indeed "forgetting" to bring him on. He has been abysmally treated, mismanaged and worst of all, left thinking he was washed up and with no future in the team. Sporadic games almost all away from home, some in weak teams is no way for a legend to find his form.

Anyway, Andrew Trimble, the GLU, I wish you all the good fortune for your retirement. What a special player.

Shame on UR, but then , we know it's been an utter shambles this year.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I was told as far back as Christmas that Andrew was sick if things and wanted to retire. No thought of trying to play elsewhere. His treatment this year makes me bilious.

The clown Kiss, twice apologized to him for ridiculous late cameos or indeed "forgetting" to bring him on. He has been abysmally treated, mismanaged and worst of all, left thinking he was washed up and with no future in the team. Sporadic games almost all away from home, some in weak teams is no way for a legend to find his form.

Anyway, Andrew Trimble, the GLU, I wish you all the good fortune for your retirement. What a special player.

Indeed while Tommy was more clearly not going to find any form, Trimble still had much more to offer but who got the opportunities? Spose T Bowe puts more female bums on seats

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

TinPig wrote:Peel doesn’t rate him and that’s that. I don’t know if he wasn’t hitting the right numbers in training or the details but no mission of getting a game while Peels the backs coach.
Cave was tagged with the same marker but managed to get a start because of injury to Others and because of the defensive effort he put in (and the disgruntled fans baying for Logan blood) got a one year extension. Trimby never got the chance so what else can he do. Sick of it from what I hear.
I don’t know if anyone picked it up on BBC coverage of the Munster game when Winker spoke about a “split in the camp” Ferris said “there is a split in the camp but not amongst the players”

A true Ulster Legend, gave everything for the jersey.
He just lost his pace, he got caught from behind by the Treviso tighthead prop early on in the season and you could see from the look on his face as he got up that he knew that was a career changing tackle.

Father time happens to everyone and a winger without pace is no use to anyone, which, IMO, is probably why he retired a year early.

There is no way that he couldn't have got more gametime ahead of the likes of Jordan Owens, and even Tommy Bowe. He deserved a send off, although, he probably only announced his retirement to the management recently. He is a legend, give fans many happy days out and was a vital cog in our renaissance around 2011.

The percentage of Ulster men in the squad is dwindling. >TM :mexican:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I was told as far back as Christmas that Andrew was sick if things and wanted to retire. No thought of trying to play elsewhere. His treatment this year makes me bilious.

Baggy ... what I would say is very similar so if I can just +1
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

As I have said before Trimble was not in the same category as Bowe who was clearly done. He had plenty of miles left in him and still looked hungry any chance he got.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Reluctantly I am forced to agree with you Snipe .... and you know how much that grinds my gears!!!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Big-al wrote:

While the percentage of Ulster men in Munster is increasing. If ye could send us down young Stockdale as well we'd be happy. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:
Big-al wrote:

While the percentage of Ulster men in Munster is increasing. If ye could send us down young Stockdale as well we'd be happy. :D
Feck off you langer Image
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote:
Big-al wrote:

Feck off you langer Image
Here here Rooster.
Clare muck-savage >threaten .
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Andrew Trimble: For Ulster and Ireland on RTE at 2135 tomorrow.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:45 pm Andrew Trimble: For Ulster and Ireland on RTE at 2135 tomorrow.
Cheers for the headsup.

I was reading there that he wanted to learn Amhrán na bhFiann so that he could sing along with his team mates in Dublin but was dissuaded from doing so
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Seems like a very decent lad, who also had a bit of attitude to him and wasn't afraid to get stuck in.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:45 pm Andrew Trimble: For Ulster and Ireland on RTE at 2135 tomorrow.
Cheers for the headsup.

I was reading there that he wanted to learn Amhrán na bhFiann so that he could sing along with his team mates in Dublin but was dissuaded from doing so
Was this political or just a bad singer?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

:D
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

It was a bit "meh" imo. Probably of more interest to a Southern audience tbh.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall