Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... azo/901843

Maybe I should give the benefit of the doubt to a man returning to NZ due to an undisclosed family situation that if we all apparently knew the detail off we would have excused his immediate departure last month...

Lets see what happens but he is on his way anyhow so if indeed a French club has come in they have exploited an opportunity which with all things being true he will simply turn down due to that need to be home...

As previously stated why should there be any fuss from us towards La Rochelle.... we went behind the back of the SRU and poached one of their coaches and if not mistaken we have already agreed to realise Gibbes from his albeit for a different reason..
Could be right, but they're not a great source. They had Ruan signed for Toulon years before he was shafted by Nucifuhrer.
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

If he's off to La Rochelle it sounds very similar to Afoa, saying I have to go back to NZ for family reasons; when really he just wanted out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

kUD wrote:If he's off to La Rochelle it sounds very similar to Afoa, saying I have to go back to NZ for family reasons; when really he just wanted out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Must be a specific clause in their contracts about saying the phrases family reasons

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Hang on. Gibbes was brought in (poached from ASM) as a Assistant to the DOR. Once the DOR went, all bets were off. He was asked to step up to be the man in charge. From what I understand he was reluctant to do so. At that point there was definitely a interim/acting-up feel about his appointment. So I don't think it is a matter of him being 'released'. His role changed significantly. He did it for a while. It didn't suit him, he's free to go .

Yes, I have concerns about the excuse of family reasons, but ultimately that is of no relevance other than to the Gibbes themselves.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

His role is/was head coach. A DoR is/was was not needed.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I am reluctant to speculate on what may constitute family reasons but what I was not fully aware of before was that he not only advised UR prior to his appointment of his plans to return to NZ at Christmas to which they agreed but it also appears that he may have indicated that his circumstances could change depending on that visit...

So I am guessing that UR knew before he came that he may not be able to stay after his Xmas visit back to NZ and presumably at the time of sacking Kiss that those circumstances had in fact changed.. unless they did so in the weeks after Kiss going..
Last edited by Cockatrice on Thu May 17, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BR wrote:Hang on. Gibbes was brought in (poached from ASM) as a Assistant to the DOR. Once the DOR went, all bets were off. He was asked to step up to be the man in charge. From what I understand he was reluctant to do so. At that point there was definitely a interim/acting-up feel about his appointment. So I don't think it is a matter of him being 'released'. His role changed significantly. He did it for a while. It didn't suit him, he's free to go .

Yes, I have concerns about the excuse of family reasons, but ultimately that is of no relevance other than to the Gibbes themselves.
BR, don’t let the truth get in the way of your imagination, he was brought in as Head Coach, (UR words not mine) he had the title and the wage to match.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LOOK.....before we reach crescendo of whiny bitchiness, slow down and reflect.

We know and have done for a few months that he is not going to be here next season. For me where he goes is neither eekie nor oakie, doesn’t matter one tinker’s fück, he’s gone and being replaced by someone who actually wants the job, Gibbes didn’t, don’t let the door skelpt yer hole on the way out big lad.

Now, look, “family issues”....hmmmm, has anyone scoured the Waikato media and can say for sure that nobody connected with Jono has not passed away? Or has anyone checked their sports pages to see if Waikato are losing their shïte about Gibbes “not coming”?

Fück me I hope this is not a forerunner of silly season with illconsidered bullshite dominant. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:His role is/was head coach. A DoR is/was was not needed.
His title was head coach; his role was assistant to a DOR.

His role changed significantly.

He is well within his rights (morally) to decide not to continue IMHO.

What do people want? Players and coaches locked in Castlereagh because they don't want to stay here?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:LOOK.....before we reach crescendo of whiny bitchiness, slow down and reflect.

We know and have done for a few months that he is not going to be here next season. For me where he goes is neither eekie nor oakie, doesn’t matter one tinker’s fück, he’s gone and being replaced by someone who actually wants the job, Gibbes didn’t, don’t let the door skelpt yer hole on the way out big lad.

Now, look, “family issues”....hmmmm, has anyone scoured the Waikato media and can say for sure that nobody connected with Jono has not passed away? Or has anyone checked their sports pages to see if Waikato are losing their shïte about Gibbes “not coming”?

Fück me I hope this is not a forerunner of silly season with illconsidered bullshite dominant. :duh:
I had started to worry when Walter Mitty started to talk more of the family reasons as we know you cant believe anything that man says.. but if Ulster knew he might go before they signed him then none of this has been much of a surprise.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote:Hang on. Gibbes was brought in (poached from ASM) as a Assistant to the DOR. Once the DOR went, all bets were off. He was asked to step up to be the man in charge. From what I understand he was reluctant to do so. At that point there was definitely a interim/acting-up feel about his appointment. So I don't think it is a matter of him being 'released'. His role changed significantly. He did it for a while. It didn't suit him, he's free to go .

BR, don’t let the truth get in the way of your imagination, he was brought in as Head Coach, (UR words not mine) he had the title and the wage to match.
If he was a head coach, in the classic sense, when Kiss was here then I'm a Dutchman.

My job title was Developer. If my employer decided I should stop writing software and start building white elephant office blocks, I don't think I could be held to my contract.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Did Gibbes ever mention going home for family reasons or was it the Commander in Chief who said it ?
Anyway not many feck given as it rounds of the season nicely, next bit of news will be interim head coach Peel is taking over until McFarland is eventually released by the Jocks.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:Did Gibbes ever mention going home for family reasons or was it the Commander in Chief who said it ?
Anyway not many feck given as it rounds of the season nicely, next bit of news will be interim head coach Peel is taking over until McFarland is eventually released by the Jocks.
as stated above rooster my reading is that he told then before they signed him that he 1. had to go back to NZ at Christmas and 2. that depending on that visit his situation may change... in otherwise none of this is a surprise to them.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BR wrote:

What do people want? Players and coaches locked in Castlereagh because they don't want to stay here?
BR. Tell me, What is a DOR, let’s look at Hump at Gloucester he is DOR, but does not Coach, Other clubs have DORs who are Coach/head coach. He took the wage as head coach, mind you I have always said it was just to get out of his contract at ASM. Never the less he was head coach)

I am sceptical of the news he is going to France, but if he is and that’s confirmed today that is just another fûck up on a comedy show, my grandson has written a letter to Santa asking for a cowboy outfit for Christmas, I can just see him waking up on Xmas morning with half of Ulster Rugby in his front garden .

I hope it’s not true, but if it is, then he has not to be let back into the Stadium, and the man who leads this show has to again take responsibility that he cannot run a bath let alone a rugby club.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:

His role was forwards coach really.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?