Dear Bryn

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Dear Bryn

Post by Snipe Watson »

Columbo wrote:was having a chat a couple of weeks ago with someone who I'd trust to have a bit of an insight, he was saying that Ulster manage their NIQs totally differently from Leinster / Munster - down there if anything NIQs are given extra work to do, more analysis, they're well paid to be flogged for 80 mins a game every weekend. Whereas at Ulster they're treated like superstars - I heard about NIQs getting contract extensions, and then not bothering their ar$e... "can't go to the gym today, my shoulders a bit sore", "ok no worries", that kind of thing - and then in 6 nations windows, when all the local boys (some of whom getting paid a pittance..) are knocking their melts in in the snow and stuff, the NIQs are quite often away in Spain on the beach...

Now a lot of that may simply be down to whatever coach we happen to have had at the time (this is probably all Anscombe/Kiss era) so hopefully McFarland will run a tighter ship. But I think it's also something that can be laid at the door of Logan (and maybe Bryn?), this concept of the marquee signing to get attention and put bums on seats - I personally believe that winning things gets bums on seats more dependably than having a s**t team with a couple of ex All Blacks or Springboks in it, that gets battered every week

Also heard that no harm to the Hond, it's a bit of a joke around the place - apparently he's already been bought out of 2 pro contracts, looks like Ulster might be the hat-trick :roll: seriously, whoever was involved with getting him in the door needs to have a long hard look at himself in the mirror
Hond is a joke and Bryn had a plausible answer when it was put to him at the season ticket holder's event. Problem is, Hond is not an isolated case, we've had way too many journeydaves.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Columbo wrote:was having a chat a couple of weeks ago with someone who I'd trust to have a bit of an insight, he was saying that Ulster manage their NIQs totally differently from Leinster / Munster - down there if anything NIQs are given extra work to do, more analysis, they're well paid to be flogged for 80 mins a game every weekend. Whereas at Ulster they're treated like superstars - I heard about NIQs getting contract extensions, and then not bothering their ar$e... "can't go to the gym today, my shoulders a bit sore", "ok no worries", that kind of thing - and then in 6 nations windows, when all the local boys (some of whom getting paid a pittance..) are knocking their melts in in the snow and stuff, the NIQs are quite often away in Spain on the beach...

Now a lot of that may simply be down to whatever coach we happen to have had at the time (this is probably all Anscombe/Kiss era) so hopefully McFarland will run a tighter ship. But I think it's also something that can be laid at the door of Logan (and maybe Bryn?), this concept of the marquee signing to get attention and put bums on seats - I personally believe that winning things gets bums on seats more dependably than having a s**t team with a couple of ex All Blacks or Springboks in it, that gets battered every week

Also heard that no harm to the Hond, it's a bit of a joke around the place - apparently he's already been bought out of 2 pro contracts, looks like Ulster might be the hat-trick :roll: seriously, whoever was involved with getting him in the door needs to have a long hard look at himself in the mirror
Hond is a joke and Bryn had a plausible answer when it was put to him at the season ticket holder's event. Problem is, Hond is not an isolated case, we've had way too many journeydaves.
For clarity, Kiss and Clarkr both cracked a fat when watching footage of Hond for the Lions, told Bryn to sign him.

For further clarity, in the absence of Bad Back Black, unless Big Licence maintains what he showed late in the season, we are in serious trouble. Daddies had a seriously worrying season and that leaves..........

Columbo, I think your friend is full of shyte, or at best, more prone to exaggeration than Slogan.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Ahh just one more thing...

does this friend have a 12 incher?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Can somebody tell me what positive things Bryn has brought to Ulster since he started his new job?

I’m really struggling to think of any successes.

Help me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

kingofthehill wrote:Can somebody tell me what positive things Bryn has brought to Ulster since he started his new job?

Help me out.

Bryn is fast approaching the end of his rope. He's a good guy, very personable, but Les Kiss was a nice guy to and Joe Barakat too.
Nice doesn't seem to be getting the job done. As for the make Bryn the CEO lobby, it's a no from me.
Polly Cotton
Novice

Post by Polly Cotton »

Snipe Watson wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Can somebody tell me what positive things Bryn has brought to Ulster since he started his new job?

Help me out.

Bryn is fast approaching the end of his rope. He's a good guy, very personable, but Les Kiss was a nice guy to and Joe Barakat too.
Nice doesn't seem to be getting the job done. As for the make Bryn the CEO lobby, it's a no from me.
Disagree , I would trust a thief before I would trust a liar. Bryn is 100% honest , he however needs to learn a bit faster,

Lock Jono out of Ravenhill, Give the team to William Anderson for the last week, maybe then we would have a chance.
You may know my sister, Dot
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Polly Cotton wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Help me out.

Disagree , I would trust a thief before I would trust a liar. Bryn is 100% honest , he however needs to learn a bit faster,

Lock Jono out of Ravenhill, Give the team to William Anderson for the last week, maybe then we would have a chance.
Nobody is 100% honest
I like Bryn and he's one of our own, but going back to King's point, what has he actually delivered?
I don't think he the knight in shining armour that some seem to be hoping for.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Help me out.

Nobody is 100% honest
I like Bryn and he's one of our own, but going back to King's point, what has he actually delivered?
The other way of looking at it is what has he been allowed to do in his pay scale, he can't very well over side those above him though he does seem to have been the one involved in the new coach decision along with Nucifora, until some big mouth in Dublin spouted it to the Indo.
There was also an increase in funds to the academy I think as he prioritised it for extra to bring through a better quality of player which does appear to be working.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Help me out.

Nobody is 100% honest
The other way of looking at it is what has he been allowed to do in his pay scale, he can't very well over side those above him though he does seem to have been the one involved in the new coach decision along with Nucifora, until some big mouth in Dublin spouted it to the Indo.
There was also an increase in funds to the academy I think as he prioritised it for extra to bring through a better quality of player which does appear to be working.
Yup, could well be the case. We don't know and that's part of the problem we don't have full information as transparency is not the Ulster way. I may be blaming him in the wrong for Hond et al. I'm relatively happy with him as team manager, but I'm far from convinced he's the messiah we need to put everything right.
McFarland needs to be a good'un.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Is Nigel Brady not the team manager now
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Is Nigel Brady not the team manager now
Match day manager and top shagger

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

To be fair, we always hear about lack of transparency at UR. Is it any different at any other team?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:To be fair, we always hear about lack of transparency at UR. Is it any different at any other team?
Probably not, but we don't care about it elsewhere and if we weren't such a shambles it wouldn't be such an issue.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:To be fair, we always hear about lack of transparency at UR. Is it any different at any other team?
Probably not, but we don't care about it elsewhere and if we weren't such a shambles it wouldn't be such an issue.
So what you're saying is that we can't see the lack of transparency at other teams?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
So what you're saying is that we can't see the lack of transparency at other teams?
I think so, but can't confirm because of the lack of transparency.