TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Rooster »

Rehab James Slipper, he is out for 2 months so would suit our season perfectly and remember we have rehabbed players before successfully
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

therealspratt wrote:I would hope there will be a handful of back three players joining the academy this season. Seems quite the oversight now to not have brought in any last season.
Would guess Aaron Sexton and Angus Kernohan will join. Not sure about Mark Keane.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Kanbei wrote:
therealspratt wrote:I would hope there will be a handful of back three players joining the academy this season. Seems quite the oversight now to not have brought in any last season.
Would guess Aaron Sexton and Angus Kernohan will join. Not sure about Mark Keane.
I would have thought Keane's shot was last year when he was getting opportunities in the setup, I'd hoped then that Finnegan would have joined as well, now he's a top notch athlete. Sexton seems a real live wire but I need to see more of his all round game, Kernohan will likely get into the academy though I'm not sure whether he'll progress much beyond that.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

John Ryan signing confirmedImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:
Kanbei wrote:
I would have thought Keane's shot was last year when he was getting opportunities in the setup, I'd hoped then that Finnegan would have joined as well, now he's a top notch athlete. Sexton seems a real live wire but I need to see more of his all round game, Kernohan will likely get into the academy though I'm not sure whether he'll progress much beyond that.
Sexton won the senior Ulster 100m title in a time of 10.69 seconds.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Sign him up for the 7s team
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Kanbei wrote:
Seems slow, my granny’s PB was certainly under 10 seconds. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ah sorry, that was vertically, the day she fell down the mineshaft. Arthur Scargill read the oration at her funeral.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Kanbei wrote:
Andy Maxwell was a fast sprinter but had difficulties when not running straight in open field, straight line speed is not much good unless you can turn and think at speed while going forwards, it's like running a drag racer in a car rally, crash at the first bend.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

has Keane not gone
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:has Keane not gone
Currently working for the BBC in Russia

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

I'm worried about Sexton since I think he looks a bit like Ricky Andrew.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:I'm worried about Sexton since I think he looks a bit like Ricky Andrew.
Has he a man bun and glue on his hands?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:
therealspratt wrote:I'm worried about Sexton since I think he looks a bit like Ricky Andrew.
Has he a man bun and glue on his hands?
I haven't seen much passing from him in the brief glimpses I've seen. He's still in the short haired Ricky phase but that could change all too quickly! It's more I think he has a case of the chicken legs like Ricky
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Kanbei wrote:
Sexton is only 17 and has A levels this year. It will be next season before he could join academy...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman