Billy Burns

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Billy Burns

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:If his ambition is to play in a World Cup then we’re not a bad gamble for him.
I'd guess that he had not one single thought of the RWC before Dr Humphreys decided he was surplus to requirements and sold him a pipe dream......................though I did hear a rumour that Dr Humphreys is the new CEO and will be bringing PaddyMac and John Afoa with the blessing of Mrs Afoa. :shock: :shock: :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Billy Burns

Post by rumncoke »

Realistically he has little hope of an English World Cup spot — Jones has Farrell as his reserve option if all else fails at out half .

And looking at the current Irish alternatives to Sexton ( other than Paddy ) Billy Boy has as good a chance as the rest .

I think Joe is beginning to realise Carberry would be a hittable target for any International
Back Row and lacks an alternative game plan other than quick feed to close support - he’s a weak kicker and a weak passer of a ball .

Joe’s giving Carberry a season at 10 in Munster to see if he can develop his game outside a good scrum half .

Personally I don’t think he will you can either kick distance or you can ‘t and have the wrists and timing to pass a ball 10 - 15 mètres or you don’t .

If Joe is worried about Carberry not making the grade and worried that a call to Paddy could be blocked then — it maybe after the Summer tour down under — a look for possible IQ outhalfs was instigated in D4 with a view to making an offer of a position at Ulster and possible Irish understudy role to Sexton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

What nobody has yet cottoned onto, or at least nobody has mentioned, is that with a 24 year old signed, that pushes the possible return of Paddy into the realms of "not going to happen".

This saddens mine eyes and my heart is full sore. In good sooth, I could bladdy well swear and in dramatic fashion forebye.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:What nobody has yet cottoned onto, or at least nobody has mentioned, is that with a 24 year old signed, that pushes the possible return of Paddy into the realms of "not going to happen".

This saddens mine eyes and my heart is full sore. In good sooth, I could bladdy well swear and in dramatic fashion forebye.
Yip
Though it's likely Munster will need another flt half soon, Burns could go there and we get Paddy back

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:What nobody has yet cottoned onto, or at least nobody has mentioned, is that with a 24 year old signed, that pushes the possible return of Paddy into the realms of "not going to happen".

I there any reason to believe Paddy will want to return?
According to Cockers
Cockatrice wrote:Now here is my next bit of 10 news.. apparently UR are drunk that Paddy is drunk at how he was treated by them...
If Paddy becomes established in the south of France, why would he be dragging himself back here to be a chattel of the same IRFU who royally shafted him?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Jackson's career in Ireland is over.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I see from the Irish Independent today that Paddy Jackson is back on social media, posting photos on Instagram, and seems to be enjoying life with his old girlfriend in Perpignan by the Med. So all's well that ends well. Ulster has a new outhalf, the Billy boy, and Munster has about five 10s by my count.

Time to move on and enjoy the summer. :mexican:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Or, to look at it another way, Burns has signed for the same 2 years that Paddy has committed to Perpignan.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I wonder what will happen if King Billy does a Cooney and becomes a bit of a legend in just a few games ...

Will anyone consider moving on then?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Cornerfleg wrote:I wonder what will happen if King Billy does a Cooney and becomes a bit of a legend in just a few games ...

Only if Mrs 222 says it’s ok and to be honest she hasn’t moved on since Pienaar was deported
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

Cornerfleg wrote:I wonder what will happen if King Billy does a Cooney and becomes a bit of a legend in just a few games ...

If I could be bothered, I'd be wondering what Little Joey Carberry was making of all of this.

All Little Joey wanted in life was to be the next Rob Kearney. Then Joe and David came along and told him that they wanted him to be the one thing Little Joey didn't want to be - the next Ian Madigan. Little Joey took his time agreeing – and didn’t want to do it at all if it meant moving to Belfast - but eventually signed on the dotted line and obediently trotted off to Munster to ready himself for his supporting role in next year’s World Cup.

Now Joe and David appear to have conjured an Irishman out of thin air, who might just provide a better option come next year, if Little Joey doesn’t pull his finger out.

Little Joey must be feeling a little bit confused and used this morning.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

GUBU wrote:

If I could be bothered, I'd be wondering what Little Joey Carberry was making of all of this.

All Little Joey wanted in life was to be the next Rob Kearney. Then Joe and David came along and told him that they wanted him to be the one thing Little Joey didn't want to be - the next Ian Madigan. Little Joey took his time agreeing – and didn’t want to do it at all if it meant moving to Belfast - but eventually signed on the dotted line and obediently trotted off to Munster to ready himself for his supporting role in next year’s World Cup.

Now Joe and David appear to have conjured an Irishman out of thin air, who might just provide a better option come next year, if Little Joey doesn’t pull his finger out.

Little Joey must be feeling a little bit confused and used this morning.
All well and good, but...

...who gives a sh*t?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

I think it's a very good point about Carberry - to be honest, yes Munster had a decent run in Europe last year but they absolutely robbed Toulon to make it to the semi with Racing where they were absolutely destroyed. I don't think it's open and shut that they'll have a great season, he could end up ruing the day he went.

On the flip side, if we are set to unveil 2 more strong signings - and ideally get McFarland released before the season starts - then never mind the absolute shambles of the last couple of months, that could put a different complexion on our chances, who knows maybe I'll start getting my hopes up :shock:
..one more thing
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Columbo wrote:I think it's a very good point about Carberry - to be honest, yes Munster had a decent run in Europe last year but they absolutely robbed Toulon to make it to the semi with Racing where they were absolutely destroyed. I don't think it's open and shut that they'll have a great season, he could end up ruing the day he went.

On the flip side, if we are set to unveil 2 more strong signings - and ideally get McFarland released before the season starts - then never mind the absolute shambles of the last couple of months, that could put a different complexion on our chances, who knows maybe I'll start getting my hopes up :shock:
Steady Frank
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Munsters Pro14 results weren’t that much better than Ulster’s truth be told .

Ulster ran into a pre - and post Xmas Kiss inspiré dung heap in defensive organisation and leaked trys by the bucketfull .

TBH Ulster have a terrible draw in the ERC a third in group might be considered success but — big BUT if the back row gels we might do better .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist