TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As for Ruan Pienaar, by my quick calculation he earned 47 SA caps after signing for Ulster and by many activities ounts could have been there for this year's Rugby Championship if he answered Rassie's call in the affirmative.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Multiple times capped fly half currently in Belfast

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Paddy has come home to take his dog for a walk?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Hope we're at least talking to him

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote:I think the Japanese season had finished BR and he was playing Super Rugby again. His was the Sharks captain and maybe the game after the announcement he got injured.
Can't remember how many SR games he managed that season, but I remember he had been dropped from the RWC squad the season before, so it's hard to say what future he had with the Boks.

Pienaar returned to the Boks after de Villiers left. You may remember that the 2 had fallen out over him not being given the 9 jersey, and that was amongst the reasons he came here.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BR wrote:
damianmcr wrote:I think the Japanese season had finished BR and he was playing Super Rugby again. His was the Sharks captain and maybe the game after the announcement he got injured.
Can't remember how many SR games he managed that season, but I remember he had been dropped from the RWC squad the season before, so it's hard to say what future he had with the Boks.

Pienaar returned to the Boks after de Villiers left. You may remember that the 2 had fallen out over him not being given the 9 jersey, and that was amongst the reasons he came here.
Nope he missed out on the world cup low and behold to a knee injury.......
The 24-year-old recently returned from a short stint with Honda Heat in Japan and still has almost a year and a half left on his current deal with the Sharks.

But that is set to change as the 28-times capped Springbok is now heading towards the Ravenhill-based outfit to fill Ulster's final non-Irish qualified spot, taking over from back-row Nick Williams who is heading to Cardiff Blues.

Coetzee was a regular member of the Springboks squad in 2014 and 2015 but missed out on the Rugby World Cup due to a knee injury.
https://www.planetrugby.com/news/coetze ... in-ulster/

Anyway not really important, original point trying to make is that I don't think any Irish province will be allowed a player currently in contention with his national team as it leaves him unavailable for start of the season if involved with the rugby championship or the autumn internationals. Which to be fair I can see Nuciforas logic.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
BR wrote:

The 24-year-old recently returned from a short stint with Honda Heat in Japan and still has almost a year and a half left on his current deal with the Sharks.

But that is set to change as the 28-times capped Springbok is now heading towards the Ravenhill-based outfit to fill Ulster's final non-Irish qualified spot, taking over from back-row Nick Williams who is heading to Cardiff Blues.

Coetzee was a regular member of the Springboks squad in 2014 and 2015 but missed out on the Rugby World Cup due to a knee injury.

Anyway not really important, original point trying to make is that I don't think any Irish province will be allowed a player currently in contention with his national team as it leaves him unavailable for start of the season if involved with the rugby championship or the autumn internationals. Which to be fair I can see Nuciforas logic.
Nuciwank changes the goal posts for NIQs with every interview.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
BR wrote:

He was reported to be amongst those 'on standby' when the squad was announced. He may have subsequently been injured, but he missed the cut for the original squad.

His decision to earn some hard currency here would, at the time, have also indicated an acceptance that he would not be pushing for a Bok place.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
BR wrote:

He was reported to be amongst those 'on standby' when the squad was announced. He may have subsequently been injured, but he missed the cut for the original squad.

His decision to earn some hard currency here would, at the time, have also indicated an acceptance that he would not be pushing for a Bok place.

BR you are having a bad run today on this thread and I'd hate to make matters worse..........but my recollection is that he missed the original selection due to his knee injury but was put on standby as he was thought to be just not quite ready, but could be good to go if a call-up was required. Open to correction.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
BR wrote:

BR you are having a bad run today on this thread and I'd hate to make matters worse..........but my recollection is that he missed the original selection due to his knee injury but was put on standby as he was thought to be just not quite ready, but could be good to go if a call-up was required. Open to correction.
Like I say, I'm hazy on it. I do remember some discontent that he did not make the squad. The feeling from his supporters was that he was fit, I cannot comment on their accuracy.

The point being that when he signed, he was not sure of his place and he knew by moving to Europe, he was not going to improve his chances. I got the impression, he was thinking along the lines of - not making the squad, at the minute, anyway. So now would be a good time to head off. Come back in a couple of years and who knows.

Just my impression.

Obviously the Pienaar situation was a much more public disagreement.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Henry Speight on a Lealiifano style deal?
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

If correct that would be great.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Henry Speight on a Lealiifano style deal?
Seems to be correct, injury cover until January for Louis & Nae Haun's. Louis may just make it back this season, before Henry heads off to SR in January.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Speight is a serious operator. Nice deal if it is formalised. Although we do need someone for the season.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Dave wrote:Speight is a serious operator. Nice deal if it is formalised. Although we do need someone for the season.
It’s a nonsense, IRFU healing UR with a temporary winger. FFS
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND