Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Replacement 10

Post by Tender »

Ohh FFS for the love of sweet baby jeebus please take yerself off by the hand.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

This is just another case of people on here having over inflated ideas of Ulsters position in the rugby world.

McPhillips has played a handful of pro games, and has at times looked competent.

Compare that to the experience of Jantjes who has had the odd blooper. They are worlds apart.

Having said that Billy is a much better signing as he could be our fly half for the next ten years
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Eggs wrote:This is just another case of people on here having over inflated ideas of Ulsters position in the rugby world.

McPhillips has played a handful of pro games, and has at times looked competent.

Compare that to the experience of Jantjes who has had the odd blooper. They are worlds apart.

Having said that Billy is a much better signing as he could be our fly half for the next ten years
Quite so. (that's "posh" for +1)

Ron'n, where it only Easter time ...........he still here? ............. I'd arrange for your early crucifixion. My guess is you would not be back within the usual miraculous 3 days.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy

Your a golfer and you are well aware of the fact if you don't have the natural ability no amount of practicing will make you a professional . I not saying Jantjies has ability only that it is limited and would not suit Ulsters failings in the forward department and the fact is if injuries strike the Ulster backline there could be an experience gap outside out half and back three ready to be exploited if we have a wayward kicker at 10.

I can live with McPhilips -- yes he's in experienced but he keep to the script and he may exceed my expectation and he isn't overpaid -- Jantjies could well fall short of everone's expectation and cost megabucks and long term serves little purpose for the betterment of Ulster Rugby I certainly not think he has much to add in bring an young Out Half on and improve his game as to much of his game is based on his own ability to evade a tackler.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:
I can live with McPhilips
Has he said you could?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy

Your a golfer and you are well aware of the fact if you don't have the natural ability no amount of practicing will make you a professional . I not saying Jantjies has ability only that it is limited and would not suit Ulsters failings in the forward department and the fact is if injuries strike the Ulster backline there could be an experience gap outside out half and back three ready to be exploited if we have a wayward kicker at 10.

I can live with McPhilips -- yes he's in experienced but he keep to the script and he may exceed my expectation and he isn't overpaid -- Jantjies could well fall short of everone's expectation and cost megabucks and long term serves little purpose for the betterment of Ulster Rugby I certainly not think he has much to add in bring an young Out Half on and improve his game as to much of his game is based on his own ability to evade a tackler.
Ron'n..............LOOK ..........let's be honest, you've come a long way, it is now possible to read most of your posts without becoming mired in old-fashioned gibberish as if you were posting via a random word generator.

Let's move on, let's work on your ability to read & comprehend the words on your virtual pages. You need only go back a clatter of posts to find that I am perfectly content with 10 options of King Billy, M'Phillips and the allegedly extravagantly talented Lowry. Read, learn, mark and inwardly digest what I actually wrote. It was not a treatise on why we should sign Jantjies, indeed I stated how glad I am that an NIQ spot was not used at 10.

I simply can't allow these pages, allegedly infinite as they may well be, to become clogged up with the ramblings of halfwits who are ludicrously judgmental based on little or no credible evidence. Frankly, I'd rather like the opportunity to strike down furiously upon thee with great vengeance and furious wrath you and those who would attempt to poison and destroy my forum brothers. And you will know my name is the Jesus of Suburbia when I lay my vengeance upon thee. I was thinking of a tawse, but a bullwhip would peel the flesh cleanly from your spine, I suspect.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I'd like Paddy back

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:I'd like Paddy back

Quite so.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dave wrote:

Quite so.
+1 FIRFU

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Happy to read that Baggy for a while it appeared you were of the opinion Jantjies would have been a super asset .

Personnally I think McPhilips is better than many think — he appears to have a natural ability to kick into space rather than at defenders and has a reasonable length to his kicks when necessary and a variety of kicks in his skill set .

Yes he is inexperienced but he appears to have the ability to match his game to the level of the players around him.

Thus if you put in a side of poor players he will look very ordinary but if the players a better his game improves .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Happy to read that Baggy for a while it appeared you were of the opinion Jantjies would have been a super asset .

Personnally I think McPhilips is better than many think — he appears to have a natural ability to kick into space rather than at defenders and has a reasonable length to his kicks when necessary and a variety of kicks in his skill set .

Yes he is inexperienced but he appears to have the ability to match his game to the level of the players around him.

Thus if you put in a side of poor players he will look very ordinary but if the players a better his game improves .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your cognitive powers appear to be somewhat lacking Ron'n, you had only to read properly that which was there to be read, then perhaps you would have saved yourself the embarrassment of shooting off tangentially like some skittish mare with a wild hair in her hole. Now you are attempting to suggest, "Oh good he's now agreeing with me", whereas the truth is I believe you have acted like an arsefoon, bent on widespread arsefoonary.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

sometimes the old eyes miss a word or two especially after a rum or two .

But you can have a whip round for some cash if i need the specks changed .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Never heard of him. Any relation to Neil?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Power's isn't bad !!!

As long as your throat's lined with Plastic !!

In other words a fine drink for a Plastic Paddy
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Power's isn't bad !!!

As long as your throat's lined with Plastic !!

In other words a fine drink for a Plastic Paddy
Nothing wrong with a JP th'ee swallies, ya ould goat. :D Goes down nicely with a :stout: