The Golf

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The Golf

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Good that Italy have the Ryder cup in 22 too. Don't know much about Italian golf, but it won't hurt to have a major winner doing the marketing.
Good omen too in that he's played two Ryder Cups, 2010 & 12 and Europe won both, his half with Woods in the final singles, ensuring that Europe won by the narrowest margin.

No Italian has every one more pro tournaments.

When he wins, he wins big, 1 major, 1 World Golf Championship, the BMW on the European tour, the flagship event.

Whatever happened to Eduardo?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:Good that Italy have the Ryder cup in 22 too. Don't know much about Italian golf, but it won't hurt to have a major winner doing the marketing.
Good omen too in that he's played two Ryder Cups, 2010 & 12 and Europe won both, his half with Woods in the final singles, ensuring that Europe won by the narrowest margin.

No Italian has every one more pro tournaments.

When he wins, he wins big, 1 major, 1 World Golf Championship, the BMW on the European tour, the flagship event.

Whatever happened to Eduardo?
He was supposedly the one with the big future after he won the US Amateur. Francesco is a really nice guy and I'm delighted for him like I was for Stenson a couple of years back. He showed some real class with the putter today and a bogey free -2 final round on Carnoustie, in the wind, is a performance deserving of the greatest tournament in the sport and the classiest trophy in all of sports.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I seem to recall the Brits - SKY, making an issue of his putting when he first emerged, rock solid and no bogey in the last 2 rounds was some going and speaks volumes for his all-round game but also with the putter.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Shane Lowry going well in the PGA Championship. 8 under par and 4 off the leader, Koepka, going into the last round. Hopefully he can pick up a few shots on the front nine and have some kind of a chance down the stretch.

Woods also at 8 under. Hopefully he won't get on a roll. Plenty of other top guys in the top 10 as well. Could be an exciting last day, especially if Koepka drops a few early.

Rory back on 2 under is too far behind.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oh FFFS, Woods may win this, he 2 putted the first and has holed 8 successive putts, missed every fairway off the tee ansd is 1 behind Thomas and Koepka .......nope, two behind Koepka.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Lowry going pretty well at -10 but cannot close the gap. Koepka now at -14. That f-cker Woods is -12 and has a chance.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Woods now at -13. Getting dangerously close to a nightmare. Hopefully he'll drive into a tree on the next. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well he is close enough to a tree as he has a wildish drive.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Adam Scott now -13. Would prefer to see him win it.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Pain in the balls this isn't on normal TV. Having to watch on CBS and the yanks are wrecking my head. How I wish this was on BBC.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

:lol:

Tiger drops back to -12.

Koepka and Scott look like fighting it out now with both at -14 and 5 to play.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

If I was living in the U.S I'd go mad. Fecking ad breaks every few minutes.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Tiger fecking nails it with his 2nd to 15. Fantastic shot and will go back to -13.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

When's this shyte over?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ABT.

Die you scumbag. Seppos are such tosspots you suspect if Osama Bin Laden had thrown in a few birdies they would whoop & holler for him.

Anyway, let's hope the cheat collapses but in fairness, he has been bloody good. :puker:

Irrespective of the result, I would love him to drive into a tree on the way home. >skull >skull >skull