Qualifying Rugby

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Post by Russ »

So
What is happening with the Coleraine vs Dromore match?
Hearing rumours referees won't go to Coleraine
Something about an incident involving verbal abuse and a female referee

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Russ do tell us more, the lady in question in my opinion is a very good referee, what was the sanction they got, and did the coach keep his job with Junior Ulster?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Russ do tell us more, the lady in question in my opinion is a very good referee, what was the sanction they got, and did the coach keep his job with Junior Ulster?
I love a quiz, my guess is that because it was "only a woman", they got a stern warning and yes the coach kept his job. Close?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

It was a serious incident of verbal abuse of a referee by spectators. I think the match was back in March and was between Coleraine and Dromore. I don't any more.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jetstream wrote:It was a serious incident of verbal abuse of a referee by spectators. I think the match was back in March and was between Coleraine and Dromore. I don't any more.
And followed by a disgraceful response by Ulster Branch, club should have had a heavy fine at least
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Jetstream wrote:It was a serious incident of verbal abuse of a referee by spectators. I think the match was back in March and was between Coleraine and Dromore. I don't any more.
And followed by a disgraceful response by Ulster Branch, club should have had a heavy fine at least
Well the people appear to have spoken. No home games for Coleraine

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Heard that Absolutely vile abuse was thrown at the referee, Referees are right in boycotting this game, the branch failed badly in punishment to Coleraine.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Heard that Absolutely vile abuse was thrown at the referee, Referees are right in boycotting this game, the branch failed badly in punishment to Coleraine.
Hearing Coleraine wouldn't name the offenders

dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Given that all q1 games have a much tighter deadline to be finished with the round robin competition if coleraine keep having to postpone home games surely they will find a fairly big backlog of games at some point?
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

If coleraine had any respect for the game they would name and shame and forfeit 1stXV games , some one has to be accountable. I hope the media pick yup on this story . And the Feminist , feck that would screw them.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Heard that Absolutely vile abuse was thrown at the referee, Referees are right in boycotting this game, the branch failed badly in punishment to Coleraine.
I heard the complete opposite.
I heard that what was said was the sort of thing that is repeated up and down the country every Saturday.

I heard that the Branch investigation accepted that and their action was appropriate. However the ref wouldn't let it go and the Society want to make a stand.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

BR wrote:
I heard that what was said was the sort of thing that is repeated up and down the country every Saturday.

I heard that the Branch investigation accepted that and their action was appropriate. However the ref wouldn't let it go and the Society want to make a stand.
So, what was said then, if it’s not that bad I am sure you will repeat it , I do believe the club was found guilty of an offence and fined , but suspended as is normal in Ulster Rugby.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

LadyP wrote:
BR wrote:

So, what was said then, if it’s not that bad I am sure you will repeat it , I do believe the club was found guilty of an offence and fined , but suspended as is normal in Ulster Rugby.
To clarify:
I heard that what was said ...

I did not hear what was said.

So yes, as I understand it, the club was found guilty and sanctioned in line with precedent. The same as the Branch could do at numerous clubs each week, were complaints to be lodged.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

BR wrote:
LadyP wrote:
BR wrote:

To clarify:
I heard that what was said ...

I did not hear what was said.

So yes, as I understand it, the club was found guilty and sanctioned in line with precedent. The same as the Branch could do at numerous clubs each week, were complaints to be lodged.
BR, once again your waffling, what was said was bang out of order. No referee should suffer that abuse, Coleraine need to be punished more severe, points deducted and a proper an open apology to The ref might help.

So your assumption is that it was not that bad and acceptable? As you compare it to normal Saturday banter,
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Don't worry people still incorrectly quote the words of PJ on WhatsApp.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?