Season Ticket Renewal

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Ticket Renewal

Post by Dave »

Looked sparse.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:Looked sparse.
Was sparse
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Was sparse
No doubt UR PR will say there was 16,431 there....
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

bangorboy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Was sparse
No doubt UR PR will say there was 16,431 there....
Same propaganda as Trump's inauguration.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

There was definitely plenty of elbow room on the prom but the noise made by the 10,000 souls who made the effort sounded like that of a full house!!

Enjoyed that & slightly hoarse this evening which is always a good sign of a game enjoyed :red: >clapping
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy

Yes social housing was sold off cheap — which seems a mistake - if you believe the sale was to create a profit — the hope was to create Estates of mixed tenure — and reduce or avoid the costs of maintenance — which are not insubstantial because it is virtually impossible to control and guarantee value for money in the public sector.

The fact is that 99 times out of a 100 times the repair request inadequately describes and /or quantifies the repair necessary and the request can become a blank cheque- that does not mean contractors make a profit because frequently the tender prices fail to take into account the time that can be wasted as a result of that failure .

Social housing is only as good as the tenants some are good but unfortunately too many are not .

Grenfell tower a disaster exposed the problems the local authority had no idea who and how many tenants lived in the tower .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good man Ron'n, another fine example of authentic frontier gibberish, Rowry.

You touch on a string of mismanagement there, from the ludicrous discounts offered to raise a few billion for higher rate tax cuts, to the stupid notion that once the housing stock was sold, the country would no longer have topo foot the bill for repair costs. Seemed sound to you, instead, people who in reality could only afford social housing began to have to look at private renting and the result, Ron'n? Yip, a massive bill for housing benefit as those with a few quid happily signed up to the notion of being slum landlords.

Have you ever seen the housing stock around universities and hear the toe-curling rentals fees such death-traps require of people with no money?

Ron'n, the majority of major European countries have either a substantial social housing stock or have a large proportion of people in private rented accommodation receiving state aid to fund the grasping landlords.

It's a fu'cking scandal Ron'n, rather like the money that gargantuan supermarkets pay their serfs in wages, happily allowing the taxpayer to make up the shortfall.

You get an A* for bullshit Ron'n. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

There were tumbleweeds blowing around at the family stand end of the Terrace
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:There was definitely plenty of elbow room on the prom but the noise made by the 10,000 souls who made the effort sounded like that of a full house!!

Enjoyed that & slightly hoarse this evening which is always a good sign of a game enjoyed :red: >clapping
Would qualify your comments with, "at times"

I arrived 15 minutes after kick-off and as I was walking down to the turnstiles, I couldn't hear a sound. I wondered had Scarlets smashed us so much the crowd had been silenced early. Then i thought I had got the kick-off time wrong .... then the stadium announcer mumbled something which confirmed that something was happening in ravenspan.

Yes,it got noisy at times, and I too came home hoarse (sadly I go hoarse a lot more quickly and easily than I once did due to medication), but at times, I've been in noisier mortuaries.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:There were tumbleweeds blowing around at the family stand end of the Terrace
They were a couple of HWM & Co's wigs. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
baldeagle09
Initiate

Post by baldeagle09 »

Looked sparse.

plenty of elbow room on the prom

Obviously one doesn't know their sparse from their elbow
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

baldeagle09 wrote:Looked sparse.

plenty of elbow room on the prom

Obviously one doesn't know their sparse from their elbow
Very good baldy >appl
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Can’t agree with those who feel the crowd noise/atmosphere was good.

I found it very flat
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Eggs wrote:Can’t agree with those who feel the crowd noise/atmosphere was good.

I found it very flat
Definitely affected the acoustics at the Family end. The "band" managed to sound even shyter than usual.

What about thon Sparky? Had he been juicing?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

11,882, lower than any of 2017/18 regular season home fixtures

14,448 for last season's opener agin the mighty Cheetahs.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Lowest attendance at a home league game since 27 September 2013 (agin the mighty Benetton Treviso)
Big Neville Southall