Weemen's Rugby

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Post by Cockatrice »

One thing for me at least is the likelihood that if Ireland is indeed successful in getting the big boys cup how much we in Norn Iron may play 2nd or 3rd fiddle to elsewhere... putting 4 teams into a single hotel only shows the true lack of hotels with adequate facilities for teams never mind supporters... I was advised by a friend in the RFU that England likely Wales and Scotland and maybe even France will base at home and fly into matches.. other big teams may also centre in the UK with one or two down Mexico way.... little or nothing will be provided to rugby clubs infrastructure up North as likely none have the structure needed at that level with possible exception of a partnership including one of the universities.. only GAA will see real development and Kingsspan will need brought up to tier one level to even get a lesser group match... nothing outside a group match unless Casemount might be affixed one to promote it on the world stage as a bigger and better world class facility than our current so called one..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I watched the final until the Argentina SA game came on. I reckon I saw four teams that would hammer Ulster at the minute. Watched a few minutes of Toulon v Pau today and that made it six.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rumoured the Tierney the Irish women coach is to be the new Ireland U20 coach.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Typical FIRFU. Move someone sideways. They must use the Catholic Church manual for dealing with peado priests.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Cockatrice wrote:One thing for me at least is the likelihood that if Ireland is indeed successful in getting the big boys cup how much we in Norn Iron may play 2nd or 3rd fiddle to elsewhere... putting 4 teams into a single hotel only shows the true lack of hotels with adequate facilities for teams never mind supporters... I was advised by a friend in the RFU that England likely Wales and Scotland and maybe even France will base at home and fly into matches.. other big teams may also centre in the UK with one or two down Mexico way.... little or nothing will be provided to rugby clubs infrastructure up North as likely none have the structure needed at that level with possible exception of a partnership including one of the universities.. only GAA will see real development and Kingsspan will need brought up to tier one level to even get a lesser group match... nothing outside a group match unless Casemount might be affixed one to promote it on the world stage as a bigger and better world class facility than our current so called one..
The RFU (that is ERFU) know the half of two-thirds of f*ck all cubed about possible arrangements for the RWC in 2023, six years hence. The venue has not even been decided yet. This is all totally speculative and without any basis whatsoever.
Bo***cks to Brexit
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

http://www.the42.ie/rugby-clubs-protest ... 2-Oct2017/

FIRFU

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

How can they move from a three year full time contract to a six month 'casual' contract and not call it a downgrade? I have concerns about women's rugby but this is clearly insulting... unless of course they have a cunning plan hidden away somewhere. :roll:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

solidarity wrote:How can they move from a three year full time contract to a six month 'casual' contract and not call it a downgrade? I have concerns about women's rugby but this is clearly insulting... unless of course they have a cunning plan hidden away somewhere. :roll:
Bring in the money required to run their game, then they can have what they want

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

solidarity wrote:How can they move from a three year full time contract to a six month 'casual' contract and not call it a downgrade? I have concerns about women's rugby but this is clearly insulting... unless of course they have a cunning plan hidden away somewhere. :roll:
I believe the official line is that the full time 3 year contract included other responsibilities including Sevens. The 6 month contract is only for the rugby.

The IRFU 6 months and then review would suggest that one of the boys will be waiting in the wings without a job.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Interpros this weekend away to Leinster, some interesting selections more so at Head Coach , is Suffern Head Coach or not, why is he a consultant, no one good enough to be Head Coach, McLaughlin at back row and Muldoon at 15, what a strange selection.

Great to read the reports about the women’s game getting better, and AIL games on Saturdays however it does appear to be one step forward and two steps back by the men in charge .
"This doesn't look good Parker"
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Well, Ulster have now lost 2 out of 3 with an away trip to Galway this week, I see that last week Ulster brought a 47 year old of the bench in the second half, good for her but can someone please tell be what the hell will that do to help develop the team and the game, also they have a co captain, looks like Ulster want to win the PC cup. Bullshît .

Playing for Ulster is now a political correctness award, not a pathway to a green shirt, players who are centres looking to play back row as they won’t make it in a green shirt, so three games will give them a shout at a cap on the back row, an out and out 9at 15 , not even a head coach , but a coaching consultant. Women’s rugby in Ulster is about participating not about success .
"This doesn't look good Parker"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LadyP wrote:Well, Ulster have now lost 2 out of 3 with an away trip to Galway this week, I see that last week Ulster brought a 47 year old of the bench in the second half, good for her but can someone please tell be what the hell will that do to help develop the team and the game, also they have a co captain, looks like Ulster want to win the PC cup. Bullshît .

Playing for Ulster is now a political correctness award, not a pathway to a green shirt, players who are centres looking to play back row as they won’t make it in a green shirt, so three games will give them a shout at a cap on the back row, an out and out 9at 15 , not even a head coach , but a coaching consultant. Women’s rugby in Ulster is about participating not about success .
Lady P, I heard your husband Gerald saying he's all for BRexit, and as a true Brit, I'm sure he would say it's the taking part that counts. Perhaps, dear, you should have married a Seppo?

I know I will distress many of my friends who support weemins rugby, coach it, have family playing it etc, but like with so many things these days, I find it hard to muster many fecks. It's not the weemin, it's me.

Feck-mustering in the heat is a ballix. 29C and flat calm today, hatin' it already, I like a breeze more than anything these days.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UR need to make the BFN aware of their desire to be intersectionally feminist

Waiting for the first trans player to appear

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Russ wrote:UR need to make the BFN aware of their desire to be intersectionally feminist

Waiting for the first trans player to appear

It's 2018, we should be embarrassed in this age of equality that gender divides us in sport. Could you imagine the uproar if rugby or any sport for that matter was divided by race or sexual orientation.

Abolish women's rugby abolish mens rugby. Let's just have rugby.

Make rugby all inclusive.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Been a while since we've had anything on this thread.

Great to see the Irish weemin 31 - 0 up against the Welsh after 30 minutes.