Munster 18/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster 18/19

Post by Dave »

Rugby is dead.

Tonight has witnessed non contact touch rugby in Munster, Edinburgh in a ghost stadium with 2 fans and a team called the Bristol "Bears".

RIP rugby.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

From the 42.

HE’S WORTH THE admission feel alone, this kid.
On his first start for Munster, Joey Carbery stole the show with a performance oozing with quality from the pivot position as Johann van Graan’s side rebounded impressively to record an emphatic seven-try victory over Ospreys.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jean valjean wrote:From the 42.

On his first start for Munster, Joey Carbery stole the show with a performance oozing with quality from the pivot position as Johann van Graan’s side rebounded impressively to record an emphatic seven-try victory over Ospreys.

Wonder will they start him against Ulster or will he be scared that King Billy is better than him ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

will Billy even be ulster’s no.1 by the time of the munster game? early days but mcphillips will be thinking he can have a decent crack at the jersey if given a chance.

Anyway, Carbery was good tonight but really needs to start a few games against decent opposition. Glasgow away last week was a perfect opportunity to see what he is made off.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bring back Paddy.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

jean valjean wrote:From the 42.

Almost as if BoDs missus is his PR agent

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ospreys were hopeless but good to see Munster run in a nice few tries. Also it was great to see POM back in the team. Nice game for young Joey and Beirne too to kick off their Munster careers and good to see the langers giving them decent support.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Ospreys were hopeless but good to see Munster run in a nice few tries. Also it was great to see POM back in the team. Nice game for young Joey and Beirne too to kick off their Munster careers and good to see the langers giving them decent support.
Yes Shan, boy did well, peach of a try BUT I'm counting 4 front row tries & a pen try, two were run in, the rest bludgeoned in though pretty emphatic at that.

I am mortified that Ulster passed on Botha, he's a tank and we got Deysel & Hond :duh: , and Botha was quiet enough but looks the part. If Munster can keep reasonably fit in the front-liners it should be a good season, thon lad Cloete is some tank too.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jesus christ. The FIRFU have uploaded Joey Carberry Try to youtube just now

For context, FIRFU rarely upload anything beyond sponsor videos, match interviews and stuff in the build up to games

They do not appear to have ever uploaded a single try before
Furthermore less than 1% of videos on their channel are related to the provinces, usually this is reserved for the provincial youtube channel

Wake up sheeple! We're being force fed this dystopian nightmate by a PR firm who're heavily invested in wee Joey earning a big cheque

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Weird match last night, I actually think the way this start to the season has panned out for Munster has done them no favours - I don't think you can really tell what level they're at yet. They've played two absolutely appalling no-hoper sides and beaten them out of the gate - but then so would their U-20s. And then they played away against one of the better sides in Glasgow and got beaten up.

Last night I actually didn't think it was that impressive a 50 point beating, as 50 point beatings go - if that's not too churlish to say. Some great individual performances (Cronin, Cloete, Bierne, and Kleyn and Sherry off the bench were impressive), but there were tons of handling errors and it doesn't look like the backs have gelled - particularly in midfield, I think they need Scannell very badly at 12. Goggin is very average, and Arnold is a great athlete but not the best decision maker / passer - and in defence their coordination was poor.

As for Carberry, I like him and am very glad to see him look like he is enjoying himself, and the fans were loving him, but I could hardly believe the hyperbole - in commentary last night, but also the press today (I saw 'sublime' thrown around :lol: ). For me the game last night demonstrates perfectly why IMO he should be focusing on 15 rather than 10... The try showed his greatest strength - running the ball back in broken field - to perfection, while the rest of the game at 10 I thought he was pretty average, just a series of skip-steps which become very predictable, plus one or two patented running-round-in-small-circle-then-getting-smashed moments a match. I don't think he's what Munster need at 10 to control games. I guess we'll find out through the season..
..one more thing
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Every time wee Joey does anything positive some Ulsterfolk will cry. Gwan Joey.

Oh and when will Rum be along to tell us all that Munster were offside all night etc etc... :D :D :D :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Every time wee Joey does anything positive some Ulsterfolk will cry. Gwan Joey.

Oh and when will Rum be along to tell us all that Munster were offside all night etc etc... :D :D :D :D
We objectively analysw him and dont give in to the PR guff