# MeToo

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: # MeToo

Post by Dave »

Brett Kavanaaaaaaaaawww fanboys are fecking everywhere.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Dave wrote:Brett Kavanaaaaaaaaawww fanboys are fecking everywhere.
I suppose not wanting Paddy Jackson to have been hounded out of Ulster makes one a Paddy Jackson fanboy then?
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

WeeWorld wrote:
I suppose not wanting Paddy Jackson to have been hounded out of Ulster makes one a Paddy Jackson fanboy then?
DO NOT MENTION PADDY JACKSON IN THIS THREAD.

Slide off to some Brett Kavanaugh forum. No one cares.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Dave wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:
DO NOT MENTION PADDY JACKSON IN THIS THREAD.

Slide off to some Brett Kavanaugh forum. No one cares.
faux outrage, real credible dave
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

WeeWorld wrote:
faux outrage, real credible dave
Right.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Unbelievable. Any other Brett fanboys think this shyte is comparable to what happened to our boys? Who fcuking cares what happens in Murica? Leave our boys out of it.

I think I need more landmines.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Imagine how good an investigation the FBI could have done if this was reported properly to them instead of to CNN and the Democrat Party

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

You would imagine the basis of any investigation would be to speak to the complainant. Not for the FBI it appears.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

jean valjean wrote:You would imagine the basis of any investigation would be to speak to the complainant. Not for the FBI it appears.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Maybe if the complainant actually went to the police rather than to CNN and the Democrats

Let's face it, the Democrats didn't give a feck about her sexual assault. They only wanted to use her for the political aims

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I’d wang Ivanka
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

WeeWorld wrote:You were on here bragging about how drunk you (a pensioner) were last Saturday and now you're calling Brett Kavanaugh, "drunken Brett" because he drank beer as a teenager, 30 years ago. :roll:
It's not really that important what he did or didn't do 30 years ago. The fact that a man who is seeking office as one of the 9 people charged with protecting the integrity of law in the usa has lied under oath to the group charged with confirming his appointment has demonstrated he is not fit to hold that office.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

pwrmoore wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:You were on here bragging about how drunk you (a pensioner) were last Saturday and now you're calling Brett Kavanaugh, "drunken Brett" because he drank beer as a teenager, 30 years ago. :roll:
It's not really that important what he did or didn't do 30 years ago. The fact that a man who is seeking office as one of the 9 people charged with protecting the integrity of law in the usa has lied under oath to the group charged with confirming his appointment has demonstrated he is not fit to hold that office.
Firsly that's not been proved.
Secondly unless you're the Virgin Mary there's something in everyone's past life that can be held up as demonstrating that one is not fit for Office.
But suppose he did lie about his drinking, I don't care. He was a very young man at the time.
I'd go so far as to say that the sort of people who could truthfully pass one of these inquisitions about their personal lives are probably the last people you'd want in your supreme court.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

WeeWorld wrote: Secondly unless you're the Virgin Mary there's something in everyone's past life that can be held up as demonstrating that one is not fit for Office.
Indeed I think the world would be a far better place if we had a rule that only virgins who are also named Mary are allowed to hold public office. Even if someone was named Maria I would advise that they should only be allowed to act in an advisory role.

I suspect we'd see the transgender numbers rise significantly once this rule was established.

I wonder if Mary down the road who has a child but claims to be a virgin would be accepted. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pwrmoore wrote:

If there is proof of that lying under oath then it would be ridiculous to disagree with you.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

WeeWorld wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Firsly that's not been proved.
Secondly unless you're the Virgin Mary there's something in everyone's past life that can be held up as demonstrating that one is not fit for Office.
But suppose he did lie about his drinking, I don't care. He was a very young man at the time.
I'd go so far as to say that the sort of people who could truthfully pass one of these inquisitions about their personal lives are probably the last people you'd want in your supreme court.
He can demonstrably shown to have lied in his answers to the committee investigating his appointment and not just about his drinking. Just read the transcripts, look at the evidence he provided, and check the maps of the area and you can see that.

One good such analysis can be found here

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/09/ ... h-is-lying

Or the Washington post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 7d07de8f30

or the Chicago tribune
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

Your second point is entirely irrelevant. I've conceded that is doesn't particularly matter whether he is guilty of underage drinking, boisterous laddish behavior or potentially even attempted rape. You are right there is probably no one in the world who hasn't done something stupid in the past - that is entirely beside the point.

What you seem to fail to acknowledge is that the lynchpin of western legal systems is the duty of everyone to answer honestly under oath. As a judge he should recognize that and value that and he should realise that he cannot be seen to be above that. Instead he shows contempt for the office he wishes to hold.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: