The Big Gay Cake

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The Big Gay Cake

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:Seems sensible
Not refused service because he was gay (how were Ashers to know?)
Decided not to make the cake once they realised the message they were effectively being asked to endorse was not one they agreed with

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That is a monstrously stupid post, Toryboy. Imagine that instead of being a financial charlatan, you ran a printing business. I come in as the purveyor of fine coffee. I provide you with the following script: Cafe Baggy, home of the best coffee in town.

Now think carefully, by printing this for me to distribute are you endorsing my cafe? Are you in any way suggesting that you, a mere sweaty print-stained order boy, really advising the world that Cafe Baggy supplies the best coffee in town?

Of course not you silly Toryboy. That has been the most absurd of all arguments in this whole nonsense, notwithstanding it has been put forward by people as equally absurd as yourself.

Have I mentioned I hope Ashers proprietors die soon?
The perceived endorsing of your coffee is not the issue, Baggy. If Russ's conscience dictates that Clements' coffee is better than yours, it is contrary to his human rights to compel him to state otherwise.
BR, did you read Russ's post, it's very clear that that is exactly his issue, what he discussed was "endorsing the message", that is bullshite of the first water. By all means, bring up anything you feel like but stay on message*** old hand, I'm dealing with his bullshite about an endorsement, nothing else.

*** yes I do understand that this >Off_Topic_Man is roundly ignored. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Decided not to make the cake once they realised the message they were effectively being asked to endorse was not one they agreed with

That is a monstrously stupid post, Toryboy. Imagine that instead of being a financial charlatan, you ran a printing business. I come in as the purveyor of fine coffee. I provide you with the following script: Cafe Baggy, home of the best coffee in town.

Now think carefully, by printing this for me to distribute are you endorsing my cafe? Are you in any way suggesting that you, a mere sweaty print-stained order boy, really advising the world that Cafe Baggy supplies the best coffee in town?

Of course not you silly Toryboy. That has been the most absurd of all arguments in this whole nonsense, notwithstanding it has been put forward by people as equally absurd as yourself.

If I didn't agree with how you sourced coffee then I'd be within my rights to not print the posters

Don't be absurd Toryboy, how in fu'ck's name do you think you would have any idea where or how I sourced my product, more realistically if you tell me that as a printer you would investigate where a client gets their product I submit to you that you would quickly be an ex-printer looking for a job.

Or, here is another weird thought, you could concentrate on the issue put to you, to wit, printing the leaflet is in no way endorsing the product.

Nice attempted sidestep, didn't work.
Tories sadly made it a requirement to do sanctions, terrorist and political checks on people you do business with

It's going to hit some firms really hard very soon

Bitch, you're trippin'
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: That is a monstrously stupid post, Toryboy. Imagine that instead of being a financial charlatan, you ran a printing business. I come in as the purveyor of fine coffee. I provide you with the following script: Cafe Baggy, home of the best coffee in town.

If I didn't agree with how you sourced coffee then I'd be within my rights to not print the posters

Don't be absurd Toryboy, how in fu'ck's name do you think you would have any idea where or how I sourced my product, more realistically if you tell me that as a printer you would investigate where a client gets their product I submit to you that you would quickly be an ex-printer looking for a job.

Or, here is another weird thought, you could concentrate on the issue put to you, to wit, printing the leaflet is in no way endorsing the product.

Nice attempted sidestep, didn't work.
Tories sadly made it a requirement to do sanctions, terrorist and political checks on people you do business with

It's going to hit some firms really hard very soon

Bitch, you're trippin'
It's completely fecking some UK industries right now
Banking
Insurance
Oil and Gas

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

The perceived endorsing of your coffee is not the issue, Baggy. If Russ's conscience dictates that Clements' coffee is better than yours, it is contrary to his human rights to compel him to state otherwise.
BR, did you read Russ's post, it's very clear that that is exactly his issue, what he discussed was "endorsing the message", that is bullshite of the first water. By all means, bring up anything you feel like but stay on message*** old hand, I'm dealing with his bullshite about an endorsement, nothing else.

*** yes I do understand that this >Off_Topic_Man is roundly ignored. :D
And the judgment accepted that Asher's had valid concerns about their perceived endorsement of the message. However they felt that did not require further consideration as being forced to make the statement whether or not it was seen as an endorsement was sufficient to violate their freedom of conscience.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote:Always was cynical about this. Don't buy anything with Asher's on it out of principle because they're evangelical feck. Always thought this was a nonsense case though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I'd never heard of them before this. Needless to say, they'll never get a penny of my (not very) hard earned. I am relieved, and somewhat surprised, they're not fundamental cake supplier to UR.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Believing in made up beliefs is a choice. It's the same logic as #ibelieveher. You have no evidence but believe it anyway. That's faith. It is an utterly pointless concept.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:Believing in made up beliefs is a choice. It's the same logic as #ibelieveher. You have no evidence but believe it anyway. That's faith. It is an utterly pointless concept.
It makes them happy, Dave. And it keeps them out of the pub.
Last edited by BR on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Guys, guys, guys.

Can ye not come to some sort of consensus here on this, otherwise Snipe will think he's right?

And then before you know it, he'll start to think he's right all the time! :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Guys, guys, guys.

Can ye not come to some sort of consensus here on this, otherwise Snipe will think he's right?

And then before you know it, he'll start to think he's right all the time! :shock:
I agree with the supreme court who made an extraordinary decision to sit in NI to hear this farce

What a fecking waste of money

Now the SC needs to approve gay marriage for NI

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Guys, guys, guys.

I agree with the supreme court who made an extraordinary decision to sit in NI to hear this farce

What a fecking waste of money

Now the SC needs to approve gay marriage for NI

How is it a waste of money?

You can't have case law without cases.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:Believing in made up beliefs is a choice. It's the same logic as #ibelieveher. You have no evidence but believe it anyway. That's faith. It is an utterly pointless concept.
It makes them happy, Dave. And it keeps them it of the pub.
Are they all happy though? I know plenty who feel more obligated to follow their religion through fear. Predicated by lies told to them, from an early age, that manipulate powerful emotions such as guilt.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
It makes them happy, Dave. And it keeps them it of the pub.
Are they all happy though? I know plenty who feel more obligated to follow their religion through fear. Predicated by lies told to them, from an early age, that manipulate powerful emotions such as guilt.
Aye, but sure they're the ones who'd be miserable if they had to actually think for themselves.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A good clear explation on the ruling and what it really means
http://www.petertatchellfoundation.org/ ... xpression/
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:A good clear explation on the ruling and what it really means
http://www.petertatchellfoundation.org/ ... xpression/
You mean the one here isn't good enough?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Common sense prevails, 'nuff said
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg