Connaught game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

WeeWorld
Initiate

Re: Connaught game

Post by WeeWorld »

Tender wrote:Scrap the lineout! Scrap all jumping!
Madness, but it could work.
Running is arguably a form of jumping.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Fool, but you amused me by biting. The answer is: no, he was given a sentence proportionate to the offence given you factors, 1) His clean record 2) Van der Flier was in the act of cheating & provocation by holding the player's legs whilst he, VDF, was lying on the ground.

So no, the punishment more or less fitted the crime, would that World Rugby would be un-PC enough to allow stamping on a prone cheat as just "part of the game". Might cut out a few cheats.

In respect of 2), as you should know, Leo Cullen was amongst the most skilful cheats in the game, he honed his skills at the Leicester Cheetahs academy for nefarious rugby based at Welford Road. Whilst undoubtedly Leinster, the Mexicanbastards, are by any standards a great team, you can see Cullen's influence everywhere.

Oh, how I laughed when they had a potential winning try chalked off in France because Leavy was being a Warren Gatland holding a potential tackler. Watch any game they play with an eye to that sort of thing and you will see how prevalent it is, small little bits of cheating that in each case seems like nothing but, in accumulation, as it is calculated to do, gives an advantage.

He's a shrewd ould fox, given he's supposedly a polar bear.

Now Dumbo, run along and play with the other kids - if they don't hate you too. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Fool, but you amused me by biting. The answer is: no, he was given a sentence proportionate to the offence given you factors, 1) His clean record 2) Van der Flier was in the act of cheating & provocation by holding the player's legs whilst he, VDF, was lying on the ground.

So no, the punishment more or less fitted the crime, would that World Rugby would be un-PC enough to allow stamping on a prone cheat as just "part of the game". Might cut out a few cheats.

In respect of 2), as you should know, Leo Cullen was amongst the most skilful cheats in the game, he honed his skills at the Leicester Cheetahs academy for nefarious rugby based at Welford Road. Whilst undoubtedly Leinster, the Mexicanbastards, are by any standards a great team, you can see Cullen's influence everywhere.

Oh, how I laughed when they had a potential winning try chalked off in France because Leavy was being a Warren Gatland holding a potential tackler. Watch any game they play with an eye to that sort of thing and you will see how prevalent it is, small little bits of cheating that in each case seems like nothing but, in accumulation, as it is calculated to do, gives an advantage.

Now Dumbo, run along and play with the other kids - if they don't hate you too. :lol:
How are you punching in the days out there, Baggy?
Those kinds of places are great for a week or even a fortnight, maybe, but I think I'd go slowly insane if I had to stay there indefinitely. How are you dealing with the artificiality of it all?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Wee woman

I would consider retirement in Spain would be similar to Retirement in North Down - but with sunshine -- what I would miss would be my friends- and fear the possibility of becoming a barfly lush .

Papers and TV are the same -- it's the timing meals etc are different having been to the Costa del Sol
out of season -- the life style change is based around time and the ability to go out at night walk about coat less .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Wee woman

I would consider retirement in Spain would be similar to Retirement in North Down - but with sunshine -- what I would miss would be my friends- and fear the possibility of becoming a barfly lush .

Papers and TV are the same -- it's the timing meals etc are different having been to the Costa del Sol
out of season -- the life style change is based around time and the ability to go out at night walk about coat less .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Ron'n allow me to help you, as indeed I have done many times before. You are responding to a post, not from the fragrant Wee Woman, be from a tosspot who thinks he's called Wee World, but in actual fact is known as SmallMind.

He's a bit of a clown and feels he can pull my chain. All I can say to him is he better be bloody persistent because I will enjoy such bullshit whilst still breathing.

I believe in "real life" he may try to eek out a living, either as a private dick or a conman. Best advice Ron'n, just don't bother yourself, his question was entirely rhetorical.

That said, you are fairly spot on about the difference in the main, however, more interesting places to visit comes pretty far up my list.

Further, I understand your fears about becoming a wino, not appealing at our age, is it? Fortunately, I am the type who can spend a day or two drinking at pro level then abstain in whole or in part until the next sesh appears, no matter how long that may be. Neither have I ever drunk alcohol on my own, barring an occasional beer watching a match, even then hardly ever. No appeal whatsoever.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

BaggyTrousers wrote: you are fairly spot on about the difference in the main, however, more interesting places to visit comes pretty far up my list..
I'd say that might not be long wearing off though. How often can you go out on a tour round the headland in a glass bottomed boat?
BaggyTrousers wrote: Further, I understand your fears about becoming a wino, not appealing at our age, is it? Fortunately, I am the type who can spend a day or two drinking at pro level then abstain in whole or in part until the next sesh appears, no matter how long that may be. Neither have I ever drunk alcohol on my own, barring an occasional beer watching a match, even then hardly ever. No appeal whatsoever.
That's great Baggy, that doesn't sound like an unhealthy relationship with the bottle at all.
It must be weird though, a completely new population every week apart from the same people selling timeshare or whatever, everyone in holiday mode, drinking and eating to excess. It's a different "normal" to home.
In fact I can see why you're planning a holiday back home already.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

4 weeks for rea.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

WeeWorld wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Fool, but you amused me by biting. The answer is: no, he was given a sentence proportionate to the offence given you factors, 1) His clean record 2) Van der Flier was in the act of cheating & provocation by holding the player's legs whilst he, VDF, was lying on the ground.

How are you punching in the days out there, Baggy?
Those kinds of places are great for a week or even a fortnight, maybe, but I think I'd go slowly insane if I had to stay there indefinitely. How are you dealing with the artificiality of it all?
There is something in what you say WW but you could argue that life is equally or more difficult for the superannuated coffin dodger in NI. The absence of regular paid employ is a challenge for many and in some ways NI is a lonelier place. Most of the people I know in Espana are permanent residents who fill their days in a variety of ways. The usual sporting activities social clubs and voluntary work are the more common. When I'm there, I work for a dog shelter - bit of cleaning, bit of training, bit of walking. Best thing I've ever done tbh.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:4 weeks for rea.

Lol
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:

Lol
That was with a 50% reduction. What a farce.

WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

big mervyn wrote: There is something in what you say WW but you could argue that life is equally or more difficult for the superannuated coffin dodger in NI. The absence of regular paid employ is a challenge for many and in some ways NI is a lonelier place. Most of the people I know in Espana are permanent residents who fill their days in a variety of ways. The usual sporting activities social clubs and voluntary work are the more common. When I'm there, I work for a dog shelter - bit of cleaning, bit of training, bit of walking. Best thing I've ever done tbh.
I think working for a dog shelter is a brilliant thing to do, for its own sake as well as the feeling of being a useful member of the community. The other thing I think I'd like to do if I was living there would be to really get stuck into learning the language.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

jean valjean wrote:
Dave wrote:

Lol
That was with a 50% reduction. What a farce.

Only two weeks less than the Connacht player got for stamping on someone's head!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WeeWorld wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: you are fairly spot on about the difference in the main, however, more interesting places to visit comes pretty far up my list..
I'd say that might not be long wearing off though. How often can you go out on a tour round the headland in a glass bottomed boat?
BaggyTrousers wrote: Further, I understand your fears about becoming a wino, not appealing at our age, is it? Fortunately, I am the type who can spend a day or two drinking at pro level then abstain in whole or in part until the next sesh appears, no matter how long that may be. Neither have I ever drunk alcohol on my own, barring an occasional beer watching a match, even then hardly ever. No appeal whatsoever.
That's great Baggy, that doesn't sound like an unhealthy relationship with the bottle at all.
It must be weird though, a completely new population every week apart from the same people selling timeshare or whatever, everyone in holiday mode, drinking and eating to excess. It's a different "normal" to home.
In fact I can see why you're planning a holiday back home already.
Now, since you know so much:

1. Where is my local Farmacia
2. From where does the glass bottomed boat leave
3. Which headland are you thinking of
4. Who is this timeshare company and where are the properties

My neighbours will be angry if they are to be replaced weekly by tourists, when was this decided, I think I’m dutybound to pitch in and chin a few of these usurpers.

You aren’t really very good at this are you SmallMind :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WeeWorld wrote:
big mervyn wrote: There is something in what you say WW but you could argue that life is equally or more difficult for the superannuated coffin dodger in NI. The absence of regular paid employ is a challenge for many and in some ways NI is a lonelier place. Most of the people I know in Espana are permanent residents who fill their days in a variety of ways. The usual sporting activities social clubs and voluntary work are the more common. When I'm there, I work for a dog shelter - bit of cleaning, bit of training, bit of walking. Best thing I've ever done tbh.
I think working for a dog shelter is a brilliant thing to do, for its own sake as well as the feeling of being a useful member of the community. The other thing I think I'd like to do if I was living there would be to really get stuck into learning the language.

:duh: what an original idea, learning the language, brilliant, who else but a brilliant mind would have come up with that bit of genius :lol: :lol: :lol: Dumb as dirt. :roll:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

4 weeks and the first he knew of the low flying Kelleher was when he received a mouthful of ärse and was knocked down.

This nonsense is making a farce of games, watch it again, don’t bother looking at Rea, just watch Kelleher then tell me whose actions put any players health at risk