A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:When's this shyte over?
Some time shortly after an extreme Islamist fundamental group obtain sufficient plutonium, uranium or other fissile material to do the job.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Some time shortly after an extreme Islamist fundamental group obtain sufficient plutonium, uranium or other fissile material to do the job.
The UK would probably sell it to them following Brexit.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
I can't see them waiting that long, if the price was right.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
I can't see them waiting that long, if the price was right.
BAE systems could knock something up for them by Friday. Prince Charles will hand deliver it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Good to see the voters of Nevada have their fingers on the pulse. Or not in this case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electi ... on-n933366
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Good to see the voters of Nevada have their fingers on the pulse. Or not in this case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electi ... on-n933366
Shagged out probably cause of death.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

According the the extract from a Times story (rest is behind a paywall) TM will agree to an Irish Sea border even if there is a no-deal Brexit. Why would she agree to this given that if it's to be no-deal, the EU have no leverage?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news ... -3qqc908gh
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

What!? Perfidious Albion letting down dishonest Ulsterfolk again? Who'd a thunk?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Mrs May is either fed up to the back teeth with an unwinnable situation and is ready to go, or her advice is that she can win an election without needing to be propped up by people as dispicable as the DUPers.
Will throw a decision to RHI Arlene and we all know how little stomach for decisions she had, but a love of denying those she has taken.

The UK, eh? Broken beyond repair. It would almost be funny if my pension wasn't paid in the pound note.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

WeeWorld wrote:According the the extract from a Times story (rest is behind a paywall) TM will agree to an Irish Sea border even if there is a no-deal Brexit. Why would she agree to this given that if it's to be no-deal, the EU have no leverage?

Yes they do, out with no deal reverts to WTO which means border has to be enforced and could take years to get agreements anyway so easy option always was border at ports and airports.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

WeeWorld wrote:According the the extract from a Times story (rest is behind a paywall) TM will agree to an Irish Sea border even if there is a no-deal Brexit. Why would she agree to this given that if it's to be no-deal, the EU have no leverage?

Remember all that stuff that was talked about by Boris and Farage during the referendum, the bits about the EU needing a deal more than the UK, that German car manufacturers would have a word in Barnier's ear and make him see sense and give the Brits a truly fantastic deal, and that young Leo would eventually realise what side his bread was buttered on and shut up about the border ? Well, turns out it was all a big pile of steamy brown shyte. Turns out the truth is that no one involved in this whole fcuked up mess needs a deal more than the UK, not even Leo. Turns out if something has to go under the bus and it's a choice between the economy of the whole UK and the DUP's desire for NI to be treated just like Finchley, well, I know which one my money's on.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

promenader 2 wrote:

Remember all that stuff that was talked about by Boris and Farage during the referendum, the bits about the EU needing a deal more than the UK, that German car manufacturers would have a word in Barnier's ear and make him see sense and give the Brits a truly fantastic deal, and that young Leo would eventually realise what side his bread was buttered on and shut up about the border ? Well, turns out it was all a big pile of steamy brown shyte. Turns out the truth is that no one involved in this whole fcuked up mess needs a deal more than the UK, not even Leo. Turns out if something has to go under the bus and it's a choice between the economy of the whole UK and the DUP's desire for NI to be treated just like Finchley, well, I know which one my money's on.
DUP takes one up the Brennan, kind of ironic isn't it
Rory Best
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Ah I'm getting it now, it was the terminology that was confusing me.
The Backstop is now the "temporary" no-deal Brexit deal for the whole of the UK and the backstop to the backstop (b2b) is the NI only deal if the first backstop ends without a further permanent deal guaranteeing no hard border.
TM says b2b is just going in the backstop deal to keep the eu happy but will never be needed.
Real story is that there will be no UK backstop deal without a b2b.
Looks like NI is staying in the eu, Scotland next?
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It truly amazes me what some have swallowed about the BRexit bullshit. Even a poster as normally intelligent as Snipe was sure that the EU would have to facilitate mighty Britain. People's perception that the Great in GB actually means something are sadly deluded. It reminds me of that Doobie Brothers classic... What a fool believes, he sees.....

Time running out and Mrs May will be pragmatic and leave the DUPers to make a decision. Her or Corbyn.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:... Even a poster as normally intelligent as Snipe ....
:shock

That Spanish sun has got through to yer last remaining brain cells Baggy. :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right