Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:I hear the DUP are not happy with the EU divorce deal, discuss....
Quite smug to have done a deal for the supply and demand agreement, they got what £100M drawdown, something like that, we know now they will never see a red cent of the rest. Owned by May.

The UK, eh? Shambles

They need us more than we need them. Really, shambles.

Take back control, eh? Of what?

LOOK ............... anyone who thought BRexit was a good idea can just suck my Lil. Wabheads. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
This vile little shythole looks to be remaining in the single market then. According to reports anyway. We will know more about Mayhem's cunning plan tommorrow. It would be so poetic if the DUP destroyed their precious union through their own greed and incompetence.
If you actually study the relevant part it ties NI to the UK but let's trade continue as normal here , it is time limited though and then depends on what trade deals are finalised if no deal is finalised and UK goes WTO then a hard border comes into play. There are animal and plant disease measures though which is good for agriculture on both sides and is essential to maintain at EU level or higher.
DUP probably pi$$ed off because it does not force everyone to buy buses from Ballymena.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:I hear the DUP are not happy with the EU divorce deal, discuss....
Quite smug to have done a deal for the supply and demand agreement, they got what £100M drawdown, something like that, we know now they will never see a red cent of the rest. Owned by May.

The UK, eh? Shambles

They need us more than we need them. Really, shambles.

Take back control, eh? Of what?

LOOK ............... anyone who thought BRexit was a good idea can just suck my Lil. Wabheads. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
This vile little shythole looks to be remaining in the single market then. According to reports anyway. We will know more about Mayhem's cunning plan tommorrow. It would be so poetic if the DUP destroyed their precious union through their own greed and incompetence.
If you actually study the relevant part it ties NI to the UK but let's trade continue as normal here , it is time limited though and then depends on what trade deals are finalised if no deal is finalised and UK goes WTO then a hard border comes into play. There are animal and plant disease measures though which is good for agriculture on both sides and is essential to maintain at EU level or higher.
DUP probably pi$$ed off because it does not force everyone to buy buses from Ballymena.
This was an "option" discussed here over a year ago, the simple device of more or less ignoring all trade rules along the Irish border, aka The "It'll be grand" backstop. Sounds daft, makes sense, for there is no other arrangement would satisfy enough people to be workable.

The border is 310 miles long, it has 275 crossings, if they were safe from a bullet in the jaxi, customs post could bring huge employment, man every bloody one with a squad of rummagers.

It's a great pity that the only people who will have watched Spotlight last night already know the DUP are despicable wabs and that Foster is just an ignorant harridan who blusters and lies..........the DUPer Way. If half the population watched it, the DUP would be on its way out. but LOOK .....if there was an election themarra, they'd win it in case themuns gat in, same goes for Murca, what has passed for civilisation is in retreat the West, scumbegs rising.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The thing seems to be dead in the water now. With the resignations coming in.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bloodbath in the Commons, Mrs May is a dead shemale walking. What an unholy mess.

Dom Wab pledging loyalty whilst positioning himself to replace the Maybot. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Bloodbath in the Commons, Mrs May is a dead shemale walking. What an unholy mess.

Dom Wab pledging loyalty whilst positioning himself to replace the Maybot. :roll:
Probably positioned himself shorting on sterling during the meeting knowing sterling would drop like a stone after the truth coming out this morning.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

There was some chap on the today programme on Radio Four this morning who gave a plausible scenario (he based it on something similar that happened in the US not too long ago). It was that Parliament could reject the Brexit deal. This could then pretty quickly trigger such an economic crisis (pound, ftse tanking, open attacks on the government by business leaders, etc) that it would unnerve MPs, and then May would put it to he House again and it would pass.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

This.Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Infuriating isn't it
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The only responsible thing now to do is have another referendum.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:The only responsible thing now to do is have another referendum.
Just waiting to hear the date, but according to polls (yes I know, who needs experts) it will still be a close run thing, given the huge majority of the UK population are in England & Wales and therefore thicker than pigshite as a general rule, though of course not exclusively.

As for SmallMind's scenario, I won't say it couldn't happen, but no responsible politician would inflict that amount of damage to the economy and expect to have a future. The problem with that is that we have a generation of politicians of convenience rather than conviction. FFFS as I said to a pal over gins the other day, the cupboard is so bare that you couldn't even name one of these shysters on a level as even poor old grey John Major, the man who may inadvertently have fertilised one of Rotten Egg Currie's hatchlings.

The UK, eh? Shambles, though I hear the word shambles is taking great offence at being used in connection with what is simply a major fu'ck-up of catastrophic proportions.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Image
Nice to see Big Gav standing between Paisley Jnr & Ferngully to ensure neither can cop a quick grope for old times' sake.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Nice to see Big Gav standing between Paisley Jnr & Ferngully to ensure neither can cop a quick grope for old times' sake.
What a miserable looking shower of excrement
Rory Best
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
What a miserable looking shower of excrement
Brian Kennedy debuts in low budget gangster caper "Happy Christmas"
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:The only responsible thing now to do is have another referendum.
Just waiting to hear the date, but according to polls (yes I know, who needs experts) it will still be a close run thing, given the huge majority of the UK population are in England & Wales and therefore thicker than pigshite as a general rule, though of course not exclusively.

As for SmallMind's scenario, I won't say it couldn't happen, but no responsible politician would inflict that amount of damage to the economy and expect to have a future. The problem with that is that we have a generation of politicians of convenience rather than conviction. FFFS as I said to a pal over gins the other day, the cupboard is so bare that you couldn't even name one of these shysters on a level as even poor old grey John Major, the man who may inadvertently have fertilised one of Rotten Egg Currie's hatchlings.

The UK, eh? Shambles, though I hear the word shambles is taking great offence at being used in connection with what is simply a major fu'ck-up of catastrophic proportions.
Hammond seems responsible.