Will he stay or will he go?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Will he stay or will he go?

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:it looks like Joe is taking a break from all coaching and not just Ireland.
I wish him and his family well. While he may be despised by Ulster fans on this forum, you cannot objectively deny his immense contribution to Irish rugby over these years and let's hope there is a bit more to come.

The word is that Stuart Lancaster will take over the attack side after 2019 RWC.
Who despised him on here?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Dave wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:it looks like Joe is taking a break from all coaching and not just Ireland.
I wish him and his family well. While he may be despised by Ulster fans on this forum, you cannot objectively deny his immense contribution to Irish rugby over these years and let's hope there is a bit more to come.

The word is that Stuart Lancaster will take over the attack side after 2019 RWC.
Not I!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Farrell --Rugby League -- not necessarily the best choice -- given the experience of Les Kiss .

But Leo would be a non starter and RoG would be equally objectionable -- there would be to much snipping in the back rooms to have a settled squad

Home grown have too much baggage and Rugby League is a different game where one size fits everything ( nearly ) .

Farrell has the hallmarks of being a mistake as head coach .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Dave, you certainly did not despise him. But he has been heavily criticized here over the years by others.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Joe is basically going home to NZ and wait for Hansen to get sacked.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Nice try D4 but you’re wide of the target. Not much despising of Joe: great coach, it’s his sectarian employing cnuts the FIRFU-BOI that are the issue.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Well wide of the mark D4, Joe is very much respected in these parts. My own anecdote is that he spoke at one of our senior management conferences. I didn't make the cut to attend teh event but the feedback from colleagues was that he was inspirational, proof in the age of Trump that you do not have to be an egomaniac,a bully and a cnut to get things done! Far more important than being a great coach, Joe is a good man! PS: he asked that his speaking fee be donated to his designated charity, nuff said (are you listening david Cameron, the going rate for his after dinner pearls of wisdom being £120,000 I am told)!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I expect him to take at least a year off and I doubt if he would want be the AB coach — too much work — too much pressure I can see him going to coach at a club — but don’t see him retiring completely — it’s in his blood .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

tigerburnie wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46329842
'tis true an English man in charge, now how does that sit?
Personally, I don't give a stuff TB, I have been conducting a one-man hate rant against the Bogtrotting PaddyBastards ever since Dublin 4 - the organisation, not the poster - began to dismantle Ulster as a competitive team, at it's heart the sacking of Ulster best three outhalves & greatest scrumhalf, plus inflicting a twitching gibbering wreck of a man on us for three seasons as DOR/head idiot, bringing in a self-serving fraud, Gibbes, and maintaining an utter arsehole as CEO for 8 years.

I'm still one step away from wanting England to beat them:shock: :shock: :shock: but that apart, support any team in the world who can bring them low, admittedly not many at present.

Farrell in charge? Who cares?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:

Me. My abiding memory of Schmidt is his TV interview at d'RDS after Ulster had survived a late attempted cheat by Cullen & Clancy. For those with flawed memory, Ulster had also beaten the Mexicanbastards at Ravenhill, in no small part thanks to a penalty try, also awarded by Clancy.

Having been humiliated by being double by Ulster, Schmidt whined like a little gurny bitch about how his team should have had a penalty try in the 2nd game and just sounded so much like a mindless Englishman whose last recourse to excuses is the old classic "it's not fair".

I decided there and then that I had seen the smiling mask slip and seen the kunt behind it. I wish him nothing but failure, the rest of you can sanctify this nasty little man should you so desire. I hope he finishes, not with a bang but yet more whining gurny misery as gutless Ireland subside at a world cup as they have always done. This time all the sweeter since many of you morons think they might even win it. :roll:

Spleen vented, I wish you all a fond farewell. I have no like minded people here.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Whilst like Baggy I have little or no time for the IRFU, I do think and always have that Joe is indeed the second coming. His results and achievements speak for themselves. As an Ulster fan, I love the way he's stuck with Rory as captain. If Ireland stay clear of too many key injuries I think he has a chance of taking the RWC next year. I would love to see him as the AB coach as I would expect him to bring even more new ideas to the game.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
War of attrition
Novice

Post by War of attrition »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:

Me. My abiding memory of Schmidt is his TV interview at d'RDS after Ulster had survived a late attempted cheat by Cullen & Clancy. For those with flawed memory, Ulster had also beaten the Mexicanbastards at Ravenhill, in no small part thanks to a penalty try, also awarded by Clancy.

Having been humiliated by being double by Ulster, Schmidt whined like a little gurny bitch about how his team should have had a penalty try in the 2nd game and just sounded so much like a mindless Englishman whose last recourse to excuses is the old classic "it's not fair".

I decided there and then that I had seen the smiling mask slip and seen the kunt behind it. I wish him nothing but failure, the rest of you can sanctify this nasty little man should you so desire. I hope he finishes, not with a bang but yet more whining gurny misery as gutless Ireland subside at a world cup as they have always done. This time all the sweeter since many of you morons think they might even win it. :roll:

Spleen vented, I wish you all a fond farewell. I have no like minded people here.
Your mama must be proud(if you know her)

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Jetstream
Squire

Post by Jetstream »

Baggy knows more about his mother than you by the sounds of it.
I would suggest you were something that was banker against the wall and hatched out in the sun.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

War of attrition wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:

Your mama must be proud(if you know her)

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Your pointless little opinion has been noted, now away and ride yer hand you reeking piece of excreta.