Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Will he stay or will he go?

Post by justinr73 »

WeeWorld wrote:
Dave wrote:Andy Farrell to take over?

A former rugby league player and current defense coach stepping to head coach?

What could possibly go wrong?
I can see upsides and downsides to the continuity argument.
On the one hand Andy's presence will counter any tendency by players to take liberties because Joe's leaving.
On the other hand, there might be conflict between the two if Andy tries to expand the parameters of his role prematurely.
On balance I'm glad AF is taking over. He's a strong character and apparently a great coach as well.
Seems like good top dog material.
tigerburnie wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46329842
'tis true an English man in charge, now how does that sit?
No problem for me anyway.
I remember seeing AF giving his son a pep talk in the hotel on the day Farrell Jnr made his England debut in Edinburgh.

Rubbish game. Freezing as well.

The Scots sat near me disrespected 'God Save the Queen' and I upset someone by telling him that I thought rugby was tom kite.

How things have changed for the both of us. He's dead and I'm an UR season ticket holder.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:

On the one hand Andy's presence will counter any tendency by players to take liberties because Joe's leaving.
On the other hand, there might be conflict between the two if Andy tries to expand the parameters of his role prematurely.
On balance I'm glad AF is taking over. He's a strong character and apparently a great coach as well.
I remember seeing AF giving his son a pep talk in the hotel on the day Farrell Jnr made his England debut in Edinburgh.

The Scots sat near me disrespected 'God Save the Queen' and I upset someone by telling him that I thought rugby was tom kite.

How things have changed for the both of us. He's dead and I'm an UR season ticket holder.
Houl'on Lionel, your saying Farrell is dead or is it his son? Result either way for my money.

If Nuciwankbasket would join the choir celestial my cup try would runneth over. As it is I'll just have to make do with the decent Genius in Stoker's.

Holywood home of some of the few hostelries serving adequate Genius in this forsaken shithole of a wee statlet.

NB when I type statlet I invariably envision Gerry Kelly the murderer, then I recall him hitching a lift on a peeler's land rover and gulder my ärse off. :lol: great moments in rioting.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
War of attrition
Novice

Post by War of attrition »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:

Houl'on Lionel, your saying Farrell is dead or is it his son? Result either way for my money.

If Nuciwankbasket would join the choir celestial my cup try would runneth over. As it is I'll just have to make do with the decent Genius in Stoker's.

Holywood home of some of the few hostelries serving adequate Genius in this forsaken shithole of a wee statlet.

NB when I type statlet I invariably envision Gerry Kelly the murderer, then I recall him hitching a lift on a peeler's land rover and gulder my ärse off. Image great moments in rioting.
As your new address is multicultural (may the fleas of a 1000 camels infest your armpits)

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Poor
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WOA I dub thee, a cretin. You have less talent than Manchester United who were being supported by one Knocknagoney Mike this evening in Stoker's.

Mike I almost didn't recognise you without yer warpaint and Santa hat. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
War of attrition
Novice

Post by War of attrition »

BaggyTrousers wrote:WOA I dub there, a cretin. You have less talent than Manchester United who were being supported by one Knocknagoney Mike this evening in Stoker's.

Mike I almost didn't recognise you without yer warpaint and Santa hat. Image Image Image
As MANUEL would say QUE

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

War of attrition wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:WOA I dub there, a cretin. You have less talent than Manchester United who were being supported by one Knocknagoney Mike this evening in Stoker's.

Mike I almost didn't recognise you without yer warpaint and Santa hat. Image Image Image
As MANUEL would say QUE

Moron
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Genuine question, was this a high tackle by rory on retallick?

https://youtu.be/YJLzkuwo5ug?t=3815
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Have not seen it but no.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Dave wrote:Have not seen it but no.
Would your surname be Pearson by any chance?
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

WeeWorld wrote:
Dave wrote:Have not seen it but no.
Would your surname be Pearson by any chance?
Lol
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WeeWorld wrote:Genuine question, was this a high tackle by rory on retallick?

https://youtu.be/YJLzkuwo5ug?t=3815
Speaking as a neutral, try Specsavers.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Waiting for the first time a player now intentionally drops into a tackle in front of the posts placing their chin on would be tacklers shoulder to milk a penalty.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Waiting for the first time a player now intentionally drops into a tackle in front of the posts placing their chin on would be tacklers shoulder to milk a penalty.
The lions were coached to do this.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hansen is stepping down after the RWC.