A question about toilets

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

WeeWorld
Initiate

A question about toilets

Post by WeeWorld »

I have noticed that "pumping" the toilet handle results in a more effective flush than just giving it a single turn.
Why is this?
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
WeeWorld
Initiate

Re: A question about toilets

Post by WeeWorld »

OK, should have googled, seems to be just a question of more water flowing into the bowl which creates greater suction.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

What a load of absolute ballcocks.

Somebody had to say it :duck:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

big mervyn wrote:What a load of absolute ballcocks.
Thanks to you, I just found out what scatological means :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WeeWorld wrote:I have noticed that "pumping" the toilet handle results in a more effective flush than just giving it a single turn.
Why is this?

It’s because your arm is as weak as your mind. Someone had to say it. You’re welcome.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I was getting ready for a night out in Memphis about 10 years ago when I managed to block the bog in my hotel room. In my haste, I compounded my misfortune by snapping the chain off when i tried a supplemental, extra-hard flush.

Reception duly sent up someone very promptly, dressed in blue overalls and carrying a plunger the size of those pepper-mills you used to get in an Italian restaurant.

He headed off to the bathroom and, following a bit of splashing around, I heard him say "Oh man...."

He re-appeared, ashen-faced, and confirmed "I've gotta get you guys a new room".
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

justinr73 wrote:I was getting ready for a night out in Memphis about 10 years ago when I managed to block the bog in my hotel room. In my haste, I compounded my misfortune by snapping the chain off when i tried a supplemental, extra-hard flush.

Reception duly sent up someone very promptly, dressed in blue overalls and carrying a plunger the size of those pepper-mills you used to get in an Italian restaurant.

He headed off to the bathroom and, following a bit of splashing around, I heard him say "Oh man...."

He re-appeared, ashen-faced, and confirmed "I've gotta get you guys a new room".
When I read the first half line, I could have sworn there was a country and western song coming! :cheers:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:
justinr73 wrote:I was getting ready for a night out in Memphis about 10 years ago when I managed to block the bog in my hotel room. In my haste, I compounded my misfortune by snapping the chain off when i tried a supplemental, extra-hard flush.

When I read the first half line, I could have sworn there was a country and western song coming! :cheers:
Elvis blocked a few bogs in Memphis >elvis
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote:

Trust me, there is/was ...

You just need to look harder - it's bound (pun intended) to be out there somewhere. >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
solidarity wrote:

Trust me, there is/was ...

You just need to look harder - it's bound (pun intended) to be out there somewhere. >EW
Brad Paisley - Ode de Toilet (The Toilet Song)

She says not to buy her flowers
Or big expensive gifts
She says she don't want jewlery
And she doesn't need another dress
If I want to show her how much I adore her
The best way that I've found
Is to make sure when I'm finished
I put that toilet seat down

We've been to counseling
To try and see the ways we could improve
This thing between us
And different ways to show each other "I love you"
Forget about those getaway vacations
To romantic coastal towns
If you want to say "I love you"
Then put that toilet seat down

'Cause in the middle of the night
It's cold and it's dark
And when I hear my name in vain
I know I haven't done my part
She just wants me to support her
And the best way that I've found
So with a gentle hand and a loving touch

I know it's kind of funny
You can teach a little puppy
But it's very hard to train a grown man
When I'm all about my buisiness
And the path of least resistance
She's the one that suffers in the end

In the middle of the night
It's cold and it's dark
And when I hear my name in vain
I know I haven't done my part
She just wants me to support her
And the best way that I've found
So with a gentle hand and a loving touch
Down, down
Big Neville Southall
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Jus' found mervyn's toilet song for y'all on youtube.
Dude looks like a Kearney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQfdmTSN8CI
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

No mention of any dude in blue overalls or Memphis

and I don't think it was the toilet seat that Justin put down the loo. :roll:

Keep lookin' :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:

Elvis blocked a few bogs in Memphis >elvis
Was going to say Lionel was probably unlucky to get a room after Elvis had chopped off a few large logs the previous day. Famed not just for his singing but rumoured to have shared a ton of burger meat per month.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Got to say Lionel, if there was a post if the week, that would get my vote. I chortled, maybe see you in Saturday. >EW

Was it you who blocked trap 2?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:No mention of any dude in blue overalls or Memphis

and I don't think it was the toilet seat that Justin put down the loo. :roll:

Keep lookin' :lol:
This one is getting there

https://youtu.be/CDPdqmr7XDI
Big Neville Southall