What are you listening to?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Dave »

I hate Ed Sheeran. Greedy little dirtbag.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:I hate Ed Sheeran. Greedy little dirtbag.
Boring bar steward. Galway Girl is criminal and merits killing by every method hitherto conceived by Baggy … and then some.

Gerry Cinnamon is a bit like the Proclaimers with swearing :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

If any of you are Horslips fans they are due to play the Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival Marquee on 11th May. If Ulster don't make the Heineken Cup final it could be a good consolation prize!

Details HERE
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

pwrmoore wrote:If any of you are Horslips fans they are due to play the Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival Marquee on 11th May. If Ulster don't make the Heineken Cup final it could be a good consolation prize!

Details HERE
That's a great gig Paul. :thumleft: The supporting Pat McManus Band are also excellent. Pat's a legend. Off to see them the night at Holywood RFC after the rugby.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

big mervyn wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:If any of you are Horslips fans they are due to play the Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival Marquee on 11th May. If Ulster don't make the Heineken Cup final it could be a good consolation prize!

Details HERE
That's a great gig Paul. :thumleft: The supporting Pat McManus Band are also excellent. Pat's a legend. Off to see them the night at Holywood RFC after the rugby.
I know. It'll be a real nostalgia gig for me. I remember seeing Mama's boys as support act to Horslips in Bundoran when they were still called Pulse... :lol:
Paul.

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

pwrmoore wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Details HERE
I know. It'll be a real nostalgia gig for me. I remember seeing Mama's boys as support act to Horslips in Bundoran when they were still called Pulse... :lol:
Aye. Horslips "discovered" the boys and offered them the support gig on that tour. Must have been c. 1979 as Pat is celebrating 40 years as a professional musician. Tommy would have been about 12! What an amazing life he had, albeit a short one.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Details HERE
Was at their final gig of that time in Ulster hall in 1980, it was pay at the door like many others at that time.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Me too, Rooster. One of the things I remember about it (apart from the great music) was the haze of happy smoke floating above the crowd! A legendary gig!
Bo***cks to Brexit
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Lloyd Cole coming to the Empire on 4 Nov.

Always worth seeing.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Off to see Grainne Duffy & band tomorrow night at the Crescent Arts Centre (just down from Queens). Good stuff.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

One for Easter. Gary Moore's version was good but the original is better imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deeBQZ8 ... yZ9s-GvSbw
Big Neville Southall
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

big mervyn wrote:One for Easter. Gary Moore's version was good but the original is better imo.

Thanks Merv! for both... :D
Paul.

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

pwrmoore wrote:
big mervyn wrote:One for Easter. Gary Moore's version was good but the original is better imo.

Btw Horslips have added another date in May. If you're going on the Sat get there early because Pat McManus is playing better than ever - best guitarrist (and fiddle player) at the gig!!
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

big mervyn wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

Btw Horslips have added another date in May. If you're going on the Sat get there early because Pat McManus is playing better than ever - best guitarrist (and fiddle player) at the gig!!
Did ye go? Horslips were good but Pat stole the show. Super set and then guested on fiddle on King of the Faeries and Sword of Light.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Big Neville Southall