Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Frank
Novice

Re: Six Nations 18/19

Post by Frank »

Hello everyone.

For me it's an Irish victory.
Ok Wales have home advantage and if Ireland don't insist on the roof on then they will be looking to the predicted bad weather as a leveler.
That will tell you all you need to know about their mind set.

However Beirne's inclusion is long over due as an extra back rower to compete at the break down and carry.
Hamish Watson carved the Welsh to pieces last week by aggressive broken play running, hitting hard late out to in lines.
Ireland need to create these looser scenarios to create those mismatches.
They have become far too regimented of late relying on one out runners meaning the opposition can hit spread and set quickly.
A lot of criticism has been levelled at the half backs but a severe lack of front foot ball slowed up makes their tasks harder as anyone whose played there will tell you.
Plenty of carrying potential but these guys need to hit heights they haven't done all season.
Think world cup places depend on it.

I love when stats are trotted out like such and such hasn't won in so long as if it will do anything other than serve as motivation to get the monkey of their backs.
Seen this time and time again in all sports and one thing we know about Schmidt is that he loves to make history and will love nothing more than being written off as never won in Cardiff.

Being favourites never sits well with Ireland too so all things sadly point to an English championship for me.
Why not give them the usual false sense of complaincy though to carry into the world cup only to be utterly ritually humiliated once again?

And you're back in the room.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Roof to stay open in Cardiff.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Neill_M wrote:Roof to stay open in Cardiff.
cue meltdown on Welsh rugby twitter Image

I’m feeling quite confident about this, decent side out, good impact on the bench, coming off a good performance, here’s hoping for a big one!
..one more thing
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Columbo wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Roof to stay open in Cardiff.
cue meltdown on Welsh rugby twitter Image

I’m feeling quite confident about this, decent side out, good impact on the bench, coming off a good performance, here’s hoping for a big one!
Tis their own fault. Ireland agreed to a closed roof in 2017 then the Welsh soaked the pitch pre-game.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

This is a massive game for Ireland. We will not win the tournament but beating a team like Wales on the unbeaten run they're on going for a Grand Slam after our few out of sorts Irish performances lays down a massive marker.

It will gift England the tournament as the Scottish are woeful. Personally if we can't win it I'd rather England did over Wales.

In1972 when The Troubles broke our supposed Celtic neighbours Wales and Scotland didn't travel to play us. A year later the English arrived, a massive show of sporting solidarity. In our recent World Cup bid once again our Welsh and Scottish so called friends voted against us but once again the English union stood by us and voted for our cause. The Welsh would leave the Pro14 tomorrow if it meant an extra quid in their pocket per year despite years of fellow Celtic support to ensure their players had a pathway to play professional rugby at home.

I've heard buck eejits say they'd rather us lose to Wales than England win it. Mental!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

number9

Memories are long in this country but I hate to see the English win anything -- its nothing to do with most of the players -- its the feckin song and dance of the media for the next six months that turns the stomach and has you running to' the big white telephone' -- pleading ---" please don't let it happen again."
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

UlsterNo9 wrote:I've heard buck eejits say they'd rather us lose to Wales than England win it. Mental!
agreed, in fact I go a step further, if I had to choose, I’d lose to England any day rather than Wales. In all the times I’ve gone to away games, the English fans are far more sound and down to earth than the Welsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
..one more thing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:This is a massive game for Ireland. We will not win the tournament but beating a team like Wales on the unbeaten run they're on going for a Grand Slam after our few out of sorts Irish performances lays down a massive marker...
What like this?Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Remember this fixture in 2009. Mike Phillips goes on that run. POC can't stop him, he runs through ROG/Stringer and finally a big missed tackle by Luke Fitzmeltedface.

Hope he was dropped after that.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kearney awol
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

I thought Bobbo was picked for his aerial defence ability.........
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

https://tenor.com/xaEc.gif

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If only Healy had a brain.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Beirne is a weapon at the breakdown.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If only Stander had a brain