Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Setanta »

In answer to your question...
39% of the then ele torate voted for leave in the advisory referendum
36% voted to remain and
25% never bothered to vote.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm sure that the 36% remoaners, 25% non voters and the young people who have just become eligible to vote are all now completely enamoured with how wonderful Brexit has turned out to be...

We also know that no leavers felt in any way lied to or misled.

Another referendum would be 100% leave.

Brexit is going to be brill and we will all be very rich.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Why? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

3.7 million.

I love these russian bots.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The desperation is palpable...... :lol: :lol:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:The desperation is palpable...... Image Image
Why is that funny?

Does Jesus tell you to laugh at other people's desperation?

Brexiteers make no attempt to soothe the anxiety of remoaners. Just explain with facts, how brexit will make our lives better...
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:3.7 million.

I love these russian bots.
97% verified. So 100k or so dodgey ones. Capn Grumpy was responsible for around 50k of those, but in fairness, he thought he was voting for Rory Gallagher :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

BBC are still wheeling out right-wing politicians to say we must follow the will of the people. I agree but the people have changed their minds and want another vote. Erm, no, we might lose.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The result of the referendum is not valid. Brexiteers told many lies which directly influenced the outcome. This is NOT representative of a democracy based on freedom and truth with people making an informed choice. Many made a misinformed choice.

One of the biggest lies being told was that the negotiations would be easy. Brexit has thus far been demonstrated as not remotely deliverable through the parliamentary system in the UK. Even at this stage brexiteers cannot agree on what brexit will actually look like.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:The result of the referendum is not valid. Brexiteers told many lies which directly influenced the outcome. This is NOT representative of a democracy based on freedom and truth with people making an informed choice. Many made a misinformed choice.

One of the biggest lies being told was that the negotiations would be easy. Brexit has thus far been demonstrated as not remotely deliverable through the parliamentary system in the UK. Even at this stage brexiteers cannot agree on what brexit will actually look like.
Well said Dave Image
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Lies are only important if you can prove people believed them

Brexit is as difficult as the EU wish to make the negotiators for the Eu are accountable to nobody -- they listen to nobody and they suffer from tunnel vision ,they don't have to obtain the approval of anyone to any deal . If they listened they would know exactly what is required for an orderly exit which would be beneficial to all.

Your EU MP is an overpaid lobbyist and mouth piece a pure total bluff to democracy .

And it was and is the failure to listen and lack of accountability that ensures that a second referendum would show the same result and why parliament voted against it because it would be impossible to formulate and agree the question which would guarantee a remain vote.

It was the failure to listen and failure move and failure to agree to change -- that cause the vote for Brexit not the over statements of those who supported it.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

rumncoke wrote:Lies are only important if you can prove people believed them

Brexit is as difficult as the EU wish to make the negotiators for the Eu are accountable to nobody -- they listen to nobody and they suffer from tunnel vision ,they don't have to obtain the approval of anyone to any deal . If they listened they would know exactly what is required for an orderly exit which would be beneficial to all.

Your EU MP is an overpaid lobbyist and mouth piece a pure total bluff to democracy .

And it was and is the failure to listen and lack of accountability that ensures that a second referendum would show the same result and why parliament voted against it because it would be impossible to formulate and agree the question which would guarantee a remain vote.

It was the failure to listen and failure move and failure to agree to change -- that cause the vote for Brexit not the over statements of those who supported it.
Kinda like NI and Westminster then, because it's hardly democracy either. I have never voted for anyone in Westminster, I vote at every election because I don't think you can moan if you don't vote. Never has my chosen candidate been elected to Westminster. The DUP don't represent me, Westminster is undemocratic as far as NI is concerned.

The EU has its flaws but it's achieved an awful lot in its short time and I feel has the electorate more at heart than Westminster which would happily cut and destroy regulations to make more profits.

The EU were always going to fight their corner, that's how negotiations work, and they hold all the cards. If UK want to leave with no deal they could do it right now, they could have done it the day after the Flawed Referendum. They are only in negotiations because they know how suicidal that would be,bit the EU doesn't have to give them anything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

A second referendum would give a different result, people are more informed now. You would however get the stubborn looneys who won't be shifted. They are particularly vocal at the minute because they know what result a second referendum would give.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Fundamental problem for UK from day 1.
EU free trade agreements depend on following their rules, for UK that means anything they export will be treated same as an external country, cars and other goods could get in at low or no tariff but agriculture is very tightly controlled so that was never on, possibly yes if free movement and a few other bits remained but UK had that as a red line.
Same goes for reciprocal health care etc no movement no deal.
Scientific research atomic energy etc pay your share of costs or feck off.

EU knew the rules and stuck to them UK ministers made them up as they went along.
EU have skilled negotiators gathered up from right across the EU including some from UK. UK didn't listen to the few they had and trawled the civil service for new ones, no bookie would give you odds of UK winning any rounds, it is like comparing a 1 year old driving a walking frame to the worlds best sports drivers.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best