Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Setanta »

Well said PWR +1
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

namron wrote:
Dave wrote:
namron wrote:
I dont have any. Ask someone from Bradford.
Dave wrote:EU funding is clearly evil. Having seen what the DUP can do with the block grant we should consider Norn Irexit from the UK also?
We should consider it most carefully and vote accordingly to ones conscience.
Now why would I ask someone from Bradford?

I would prefer if people used rationality and logic.
Conscience is defined as a person's moral sense of right and wrong, viewed as acting as a guide to one's behaviour.We always use rationality and logic in decision making but use it devoid of conscience and tomorrow We are slaves. Have We not enough Government ,enough bureaucrats enough bankers.
Not sure anyone can conscientiously take such a massive gamble with the economy...

Especially in light of:

1) an incompetent government.
2) as yet no implementable plan likely to receive a parliamentary majority.

Where do the lies told during the referendum campaign sit with anyone's conscience?

Conscience must be informed by truth which we should determine using reasoning and logic. All too often emotional reasoning is used. You cannot determine what is right/wrong without the truth.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pwrmoore wrote: EU immigration has already been shown to benefit rather than impoverish the country and we will need it to support us in our old age. Immigration from outside the EU is already totally in our control. The UK is already more likely to follow the US lead on foreign policy rather than some grand overarching EU plan.

The immigration argument has always amused me. There is more immigration from non-EU countries than EU countries to the UK and for the previous year net migration to the UK is almost 5 times higher from non-EU countries.

Most of the folk in GB you hear whinging about immigration are talking about immigration from the middle east and other parts of Asia. They seem to think that not being in the EU will fix these "problems". These are some of the reasons why direct democracy can be a bad idea, unless you first tackle the education issues in the country.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
pwrmoore wrote: EU immigration has already been shown to benefit rather than impoverish the country and we will need it to support us in our old age. Immigration from outside the EU is already totally in our control. The UK is already more likely to follow the US lead on foreign policy rather than some grand overarching EU plan.

The immigration argument has always amused me. There is more immigration from non-EU countries than EU countries to the UK and for the previous year net migration to the UK is almost 5 times higher from non-EU countries.

Most of the folk in GB you hear whinging about immigration are talking about immigration from the middle east and other parts of Asia. They seem to think that not being in the EU will fix these "problems". These are some of the reasons why direct democracy can be a bad idea, unless you first tackle the education issues in the country.
Indeed. We're all paying the price for poorly educated, racist Lionels. There are exceptions but that is the overwhelming demographic.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I see that Her Britannic Majesty’s Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs has recently purchased a wee apartment in New York to be used by the new UK trade commissioner for North America and consul general in New York. A snip at $16 million. Tis nice to see the UK Govt still has plenty of spare cash to spend to house its civil servants. :D

Now this lad can get on with the job of trying to expand UK trade with the US & Canada. It will be a relief to the UK public to know that in the event of Brexit the inflow of sub-par US foodstuffs will keep folk nourished.

Also - I always thought "Her Brittanic Majesty" was a p1sstake title. However it appears it is real. Sometimes reality is crazy.

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

22 pages after we were promised it ... Brexit ... anyone see what it means yet? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

F**k sake cap'n, ye thick?

We all know by now - Brexit means Brexit! :stir: :duh: :banghead:

So now we'll go looking for the exact legal text of Brexit means Brexit with alternative arrangements. >drink1
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Amiga500 wrote:F**k sake cap'n, ye thick?

So now we'll go looking for the exact legal text of Brexit means Brexit with alternative arrangements. >drink1
Are ye thick?

I didn't ask what it means, I just asked if anyone could see what it means?

I'll take your answer as a "yes" ... even though I have my doubts. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Some think it is leave the EU, but don't understand the various bits of the EU, it is not a single entity but a combination of various treaties and other arrangements both economic , security and humanitarian.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Amiga500 wrote:F**k sake cap'n, ye thick?

Are ye thick?

I didn't ask what it means, I just asked if anyone could see what it means?

I'll take your answer as a "yes" ... even though I have my doubts. :roll:
He asked you first...are ye thick?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Aye. :?
I'm not arguing -
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:22 pages after we were promised it ... Brexit ... anyone see what it means yet? :lol:
Patience my good man. We'll see what it means when / if it ever happens.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So then it is going to come down to a decision between keeping a dotted line into the EU or keeping Theresa may as PM. That is the political state of an alleged world leading country. Ridiculous.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Shan wrote:So then it is going to come down to a decision between keeping a dotted line into the EU or keeping Theresa may as PM. That is the political state of an alleged world leading country. Ridiculous.
Brace yourself shan. The DUP's manoeuverings may have finally managed to do the job the RA couldn't manage. We'll be a nation once again in a few years time! :stout: >drinks
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: