Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Setanta »

Hope so.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote:
Shan wrote:So then it is going to come down to a decision between keeping a dotted line into the EU or keeping Theresa may as PM. That is the political state of an alleged world leading country. Ridiculous.
Brace yourself shan. The DUP's manoeuverings may have finally managed to do the job the RA couldn't manage. We'll be a nation once again in a few years time! :stout: >drinks
All a big long game, first party to implode after a United Ireland will be SF, they wont have a purpose and they are not liked down Mexico way.
Put that down in the history books now.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

According to the Beeb, the withdrawal agreement bill is known as the wab. :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

big mervyn wrote:According to the Beeb, the withdrawal agreement bill is known as the wab. :lol:
it seems a bit flaccid :shock:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Sammy Wilson talking can only mean that the overall value generated in the parliament is in negative figures. How the feck can you have a parliament purporting to be the political heartbeat of a modern civilised state but have a guy like that occupying a valuable seat and using up bandwidth. Does not compute.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote: All a big long game, first party to implode after a United Ireland will be SF, they wont have a purpose and they are not liked down Mexico way.
Put that down in the history books now.

SF these days are trying to pander to everybody, the old style green only nationalists who are mirror images of the "immigration only" Brexit voters in GB, the SJW brigade, immigrants and the groups which represent them and sundry other unhappy groups of folk. They are doing a poor job, partly because you can't get away with having more than 2 public faces, and an awful lot of their old core voters are p1ssed off with them while the folks who tend to congregate in the centre(majority of Irish people) are not interested. I see them losing no matter what happens with NI & GB.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

So Theresa lost todays vote. So we're headed for a no-deal on April 12th unless (and apparently this is considered likely) we agree a longer delay with the EU. This would mean we would be taking part in the May EU elections and will probably have a new general election as well.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

pwrmoore wrote:So Theresa lost todays vote. So we're headed for a no-deal on April 12th unless (and apparently this is considered likely) we agree a longer delay with the EU. This would mean we would be taking part in the May EU elections and will probably have a new general election as well.
There is no support for 'no deal' in parliament. There is no support for any type of withdrawal agreement thus far.

Brexit is not implementable and has now failed. People's vote.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:So Theresa lost todays vote. So we're headed for a no-deal on April 12th unless (and apparently this is considered likely) we agree a longer delay with the EU. This would mean we would be taking part in the May EU elections and will probably have a new general election as well.
There is no support for 'no deal' in parliament. There is no support for any type of withdrawal agreement thus far.

Brexit is not implementable and has now failed. People's vote.
As was proposed by Heidi Allen after the vote, it really is the only way out as Parliament has shown they are so divided they can't agree what to do.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Oh dear. Even we only got 2 chances to vote on the Lisbon Treaty. This is farcical. Time for the EU to step in and finish this off. :D
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:Sammy Wilson talking can only mean that the overall value generated in the parliament is in negative figures. How the feck can you have a parliament purporting to be the political heartbeat of a modern civilised state but have a guy like that occupying a valuable seat and using up bandwidth. Does not compute.
Bandwidth?

Is that another word for oxygen? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dodds now says better staying in EU than risking the Union
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Rooster wrote:Dodds now says better staying in EU than risking the Union Image
Slightly slow on the old uptake

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Rooster wrote:Dodds now says better staying in EU than risking the Union Image

I have very little time for the DUP at the best of times and am not pro Brexit, but fair play to them for sticking to their guns. What Nigel Dodds is of course completely logical in that their top priority will always be making sure the integrity if the UK (as they see it) is preserved and Brexit is far less of a priority to them than that. ERG and in particular Rees Mogg have shown themselves to be utterly clueless and making things up as they go along. Even Theresa is doing a better job than them. The fact he said he would shift if the DUP did, then abstain and then finally cave in when the DUP did not budge an inch shows how ill judged he is. You wonder did any of them ever ask the DUP would they risk Brexit for the sake of concerns over the backstop as if they had done that they may at least looked vaguely coherent rather than a rag tag bunch who don’t know whether they are coming or going. The fact Rees Mogg is at the heart of the group shows how unfit he is to lead anything.