Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Post by solidarity »

againstthehead wrote:I though Henderson look the ball standing still quite a lot and didn't carry particularly effectively.
Seems to be a feature of Ulster forward play generally, not taking the ball at speed and having to accelerate quickly or get hammered while standing almost still.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

According to the leinster fans forum thingy, Dan Leavy has ripped his hamstring and calf off the bone, torn his ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL (didn't even know 2 of those existed), and broken his fibula.

Which all sounds pretty rough.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Talk down here is that Leavy will have enough on his plate trying to learn to walk normally again, never mind play rugby.

Very sad for a great player who had one meteoric year in 2018 winning everything in sight. It puts rugby into perspective.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Dublin4 wrote:Talk down here is that Leavy will have enough on his plate trying to learn to walk normally again, never mind play rugby.

Very sad for a great player who had one meteoric year in 2018 winning everything in sight. It puts rugby into perspective.
Leavy is top notch quality, here's hoping he has a full recovery and gets back to playing again.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Dublin4 wrote:Talk down here is that Leavy will have enough on his plate trying to learn to walk normally again, never mind play rugby.
Fuuuuuck!

brad pitt. Best of luck to him. >EF
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwsiuPC ... e=youtu.be

Full game.

Quality will improve once fully processed.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Awful news if true, wishing him a speedy and full recovery.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

One poor lad absolutely gutted he dropped a ball over the try line, another poor lad received an injury so severe he may never play rugby again. It's easy to lose perspective sometimes, but when you compare these two fall outs from Saturdays great match together, the magnitude of one pales the other into total insignificance.

I hope first and foremost Dans injury is not as bad as first thought and if it turns out to be so he defies the odds and makes a full recovery.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I think it's fair to say the rugby community in Leinster is fairly shattered by Dan's bad news. The print media are not discussing it which is understandable. Maybe the medics can do something for him.
The good wishes of Ulster fans are much appreciated.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Dublin4 wrote:I think it's fair to say the rugby community in Leinster is fairly shattered by Dan's bad news. The print media are not discussing it which is understandable. Maybe the medics can do something for him.
The good wishes of Ulster fans are much appreciated.
I think you can take it with a high degree of certainty that every one of us in Ulster are 100% in sympathy with him and really hope he can recover from such a terrible injury.
Bo***cks to Brexit
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Just watched the match back there. For all the talent young Lowry has I wonder does he have the physical attributes for modern rugby. He's not for the want of trying to be fair to him. In the last 20 minutes he lost 4 up and unders between his own 22 and 10 metre line as well as being badly overpowered which led to a penalty on 75mins, before which Ulster were applying serious pressure. Leinster then saw out the game well the last 5 mins. This cost us the game as much as Stockdales blunder.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

HammerTime wrote:Just watched the match back there. For all the talent young Lowry has I wonder does he have the physical attributes for modern rugby. He's not for the want of trying to be fair to him. In the last 20 minutes he lost 4 up and unders between his own 22 and 10 metre line as well as being badly overpowered which led to a penalty on 75mins, before which Ulster were applying serious pressure. Leinster then saw out the game well the last 5 mins. This cost us the game as much as Stockdales blunder.
He's definitely not a fullback. Would love to see more of him at outhalf.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

HammerTime wrote:Just watched the match back there. For all the talent young Lowry has I wonder does he have the physical attributes for modern rugby. He's not for the want of trying to be fair to him. In the last 20 minutes he lost 4 up and unders between his own 22 and 10 metre line as well as being badly overpowered which led to a penalty on 75mins, before which Ulster were applying serious pressure. Leinster then saw out the game well the last 5 mins. This cost us the game as much as Stockdales blunder.
He’s a 10 and a quality one at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

kingofthehill wrote:
He’s a 10 and a quality one at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we all know Lowry was not the first choice full back for Saturday, it was very much a needs must break glass scenario as it has been for most of his other appearances there. He was picked ahead of Nelson which on balance of the two was the correct decision as it offered a little more going forward. If either of Addison or Ludik had of been fit they would of started ahead of the nipper, Gilroy would of been played out of position there also if fit.

Next year with Faddes added, rumours of D.Kearney and the fit again trio above he'll not be playing / wasted as a full back.

He needs to be developed at 10. This season has hampered his progress there to an extent but his overall progression path into senior rugby has not really been thwarted. As a 10 defensively he'll be expected to play in the back field when the kick chase tennis occurs therefore cutting his teeth there will hold him in good stead.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I liked when he caught one and put Daverage on his hole.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?