Mexico 2018/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mexico 2018/19

Post by justinr73 »

Life can be very cruel.

Did my Achilles in the same week that Barclay did but he seems to have beaten me back to fitness!
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

justinr73 wrote:Life can be very cruel.

Did my Achilles in the same week that Barclay did but he seems to have beaten me back to fitness!
Fitness... I remember that

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Having read Blockhead’s comments on Babbling Brook re the run in for the Pro 14 I feel I must wish Toulouse and Munster all the best for there game in Newcastle
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Aird wrote:Having read Blockhead’s comments on Babbling Brook re the run in for the Pro 14 I feel I must wish Toulouse and Munster all the best for there game in Newcastle
Aye, he is very bitter, an Ulsterman must have stole his girlfriend/ran over his dog. If :mexican: / >TT win the Heineken, the league could get an extra automatic spot and a 4th placed side in one of the Conferences could avoid the dreaded playoff.

Fun but pointless statistics about the Heineken Semi Finals - in the history of the Heineken Cup - Toulouse have never won a QF/SF away v an Irish province and Munster have never lost a QF/SF away in England.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Aird wrote:Having read Blockhead’s comments on Babbling Brook re the run in for the Pro 14 I feel I must wish Toulouse and Munster all the best for there game in Newcastle
Some non forum fans rounded solidly against him on Twitter last night.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Leinster playing the 2s v Treviso....not a surprise to be fair.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Neill_M wrote:Leinster playing the 2s v Treviso....not a surprise to be fair.
At least one player will be busting a gut.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Leinster playing the 2s v Treviso....not a surprise to be fair.
At least one player will be busting a gut.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
True enough!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Thinking of Leinster's run in, I reckon they might not be doing themseves many favours by 'resting' their front line players so often. If they looked rusty against us, could it be because they don't play together as often as they should? I know that players must not be over-worked and that injury is a reql risk, but if a player isn't playing very often, does the edge go? And, if a team isn't playing together regularly, does their coherence and instinctive understanding of each other go?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:Thinking of Leinster's run in, I reckon they might not be doing themseves many favours by 'resting' their front line players so often. If they looked rusty against us, could it be because they don't play together as often as they should? I know that players must not be over-worked and that injury is a reql risk, but if a player isn't playing very often, does the edge go? And, if a team isn't playing together regularly, does their coherence and instinctive understanding of each other go?
Good points, Solid. Leinster have such a big squad that they can't possibly keep everyone happy. Players will want to play. No matter how successfull a team are, most players will want to play more 4/5 games per season.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:
solidarity wrote:Thinking of Leinster's run in, I reckon they might not be doing themseves many favours by 'resting' their front line players so often. If they looked rusty against us, could it be because they don't play together as often as they should? I know that players must not be over-worked and that injury is a reql risk, but if a player isn't playing very often, does the edge go? And, if a team isn't playing together regularly, does their coherence and instinctive understanding of each other go?
Good points, Solid. Leinster have such a big squad that they can't possibly keep everyone happy. Players will want to play. No matter how successfull a team are, most players will want to play more 4/5 games per season.
They had a prop covering back row last night. Even Leinster have a player limit!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote:
They had a prop covering back row last night. Even Leinster have a player limit!
Which was out of choice rather than necessity. Some of their backrowers were on holiday.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote:
Which was out of choice rather than necessity. Some of their backrowers were on holiday.
Seriously? Or are you just coddin'?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:
Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Seriously? Or are you just coddin'?
SOB was away in Dubai earlier in the week but they still had Ruddock and Conan from the week before. It wasn't an injury crisis.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

It's hard to take any interest in the remaining Pro 14 matches from a Leinster perspective, to be honest.
Much more important for us to focus on the semi final on Easter Sunday.
It is good to see the 2nds and 3rds get game time. I imagine we will be sending the kids to Belfast for the last game.