Glasgow Vs Ulster Fri 5th April @ 7.35pm Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Re: Glasgow Vs Ulster Fri 5th April @ 7.35pm Premier Sports

Post by HammerTime »

Better than the last guy who literally went AWOL when answers were needed.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The last guy was one of the worst humans ever.

The new guy reckons Billy is young and will become world class...big call, let's see...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: The new guy reckons Billy is young and will become world class...big call, let's see...
The new guy is backing the players the old guy didn't, threw Olding and Jackson under the bus.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: The new guy reckons Billy is young and will become world class...big call, let's see...
The new guy is backing the players the old guy didn't, threw Olding and Jackson under the bus.
Let's see if he is right....
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Look. Even if our 10’s were NOC and McKinney he would not be looking at bringing PJ back at the minute. In his position taking over as a new CEO, right after decisions were taken to resolve a huge sh1tstorm, the last thing I would be doing is trying to open that up again right now. It was nothing to do with him and we are talking at least one and probably 2 more seasons before it even becomes possibly a topic for genuine discussion again.

The question of them ever coming back is not one for debate right now as they will not be coming back anytime soon, which is as far ahead as we can realistically look now. If PJ plays well over the next season or so wherever he goes and ulster are still struggling at 10 then maybe they will look at it....assuming he wants to come back.

Next season will be Burns and hopefully more game time for Lowry at 10. In some ways these games at 15 have been good for getting him accustomed to the intensity at this level and he will have learnt a lot which should help him when he gets a proper chance at 10. With Ludik, Faddes, Gilroy and Nelson all able to cover 15, plus Addison, we should be abke to give him some game time at 10.

Whether Burns is good enough has no bearing on the immediate future in relation to PJ.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

PJ coming back would be fine now. Billy has had a full season, get off the fence and make a judgement...
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Again we're assuming PJ and SO want to come back...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Most things posted on here are assumptions. The last fact was in 2009. Something about BOD being a tosser....
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

You missed the irony I never said his decisions were wrong — you can’t be wrong if you don’t make a decision .

The referee just failed to turn up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Thing is about Billy, he’s English. He came here to pursue an international dream. In a season or two when he realises it won’t happen as wee joey, Carty, Byrne, Bleyendaal,Hanarahan and even Shinnerboots are ahead of him naturally he will head home. If this lined up with PJ’s London Irish contract expiry then fingers crossed.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Only problem with that Top Poster is that by that time, the best of Irish 10s will be starring for Connacht and awaiting his move to Leinster. His performance in the 6 Nations will have brought him to the notice of everyone in rugby, and we will be saying here that we were crazy for letting him go. But after all, because Burns was being picked before him, Lowry was sensible enough to move on with the blessing of the IRFU to another province.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

In two years, Billy will still be young and still need to be given time.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:In two years, Billy will still be young and still need to be given time.
In two years time Ulster will be a much better coached team, the young players around Billy will have matured and will be much better players but Billy won't be any better? :scratch:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:In two years, Billy will still be young and still need to be given time.
In two years time Ulster will be a much better coached team, the young players around Billy will have matured and will be much better players but Billy won't be any better? :scratch:
He will. He will be WORLD class.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Lowry is only 20
After missing most of last year he only made his debut tihs year
He has gained some great experience this year of the demands of playing at the highest level
It has bren physically challenging for him
He has been signed on a full contract
Playing 10 is one of the most high oressure and scrutinised positions
Ulster will have more options at 15 next season

Lowry will be better placed to cope with the demands of playing 10 with the experiences of this season under his belt and a summer with the strength and conditioning team. If he doesn’t get much game time next season at 10 then either Burns has got much better or Lowry is maybe not the new Jack Kyle after all. I very much exoect him to get opportunities next season and if things don’t go well on occasions that people remember he is young and very much learning. Things which work as a superstar kid don’t always have the same effect at this kevel where people can get at you more easily.

Already opinions on here range from the new Jack Kyle to not being big enough for professional rugby.

Management and the coaching team appear to have done a hell of a lot more right than wrong so far, so let’s have a bit of patience here. If Burns has been taking the heat off Lowry at 10 then maybe that is good in the longer term, regardless of whether he becomes “world class” or not.