The run in

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: The run in

Post by solidarity »

I fear it's all or nothing against Embra.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

It is indeed last chance saloon. DAZN are showing Munster game, Freesports nothing and Premier is only on UK. I need a link for Friday's match - pretty please?!!!? I am asking early to ensure reply.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Setanta wrote:It is indeed last chance saloon. DAZN are showing Munster game, Freesports nothing and Premier is only on UK. I need a link for Friday's match - pretty please?!!!? I am asking early to ensure reply.
Old boy Treviso v Munster on Freesports (6pm UK Time Friday)
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

It’s Sunday so you have to wait till Monday for the full tv listings!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

So that means I can get Munster on DAZN and Freesports - erm, it is the Ulster match I wish to see.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
d4surfer
Novice

Post by d4surfer »

Setanta wrote:So that means I can get Munster on DAZN and Freesports - erm, it is the Ulster match I wish to see.
http://cricfree.ws/premier-sports-live-stream
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Setanta wrote:So that means I can get Munster on DAZN and Freesports - erm, it is the Ulster match I wish to see.
Premier Sports 1 live coverage. Highlights on TG4 10:55pm.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There will be updates on the UAFC.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Another big weekend of rugby. So what do Ulster need?

In simple terms a win regardless of no BP/BP will secure a playoff spot and Heineken Cup rugby for 2019/20. Any race for the home QF spot will surely go to the last game even with a win. Unfortunately but predictably it does seem that Munster are focusing on the Semi Final v Saracens and engaging in "squad rotation" this week. A number of their players are flying back from the Cara Cup in the US.
If Ulster fail to win but draw/lose getting a TBP and LBP with Edinburgh not getting a TBP, then they will still have their destiny in their own hands.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote:
If Ulster fail to win but draw/lose getting a TBP and LBP with Edinburgh not getting a TBP, then they will still have their destiny in their own hands.
Not one of the more likely options. Still, if it's all we can get, we'll take it.

By the way, anybody know how the Cara Cup thing went?
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Forked. I think some of us have got a bit over excited as to the actual performances recently. More than a few expected Ulster to beat Glasgow. I thought that was optimism getting the better of good judgement although is it fair to say Ulster managed to shoot themselves in the hoop?. Struggling a bit v. Kings, squeaking a bonus point win v. the appalling Dragons, beating the hapless Zebre, scrabbling a draw v. Benetton and scoring one try v the O's who have been mince all season is hardly the mark of a team who could go to Glasgae and beat them there.

I don't see Ulster beating Edinburgh. Nor for that matter will it be easy against Leinster. It wouldn't surprise me if Ulster lost the next two but hope springs eternal. Benetton will beat Munster and Zebre gaining at least 9 points. I would also imagine that Glasgow will grease their hoops and bend over against Edinburgh...I think they will garner 8 points from their games.

At this stage of this season I don't feel it really matters over much. Next season the squad has a solid look to it and we know we have some of the backs to get the blood going.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Glasgow will likely need 1 more win to secure the home SF. Leinster might actually put out a decent side on Saturday - Toner, Henshaw, Sexton need a game before the SF.

At the end of the day as long as Ulster make the Heineken Cup for 19/20, preferably without the playoff!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote:Glasgow will likely need 1 more win to secure the home SF. Leinster might actually put out a decent side on Saturday - Toner, Henshaw, Sexton need a game before the SF.

At the end of the day as long as Ulster make the Heineken Cup for 19/20, preferably without the playoff!

I'm probably in a very small minority but I wouldn't see not qualifying for the super dooper cup as a bad thing. We would have a pretty good chance of doing very well in the not quite so super dooper cup. Any silverware is better than none.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Not sure our bank manager would agree with you Solidarity!
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Gary wrote:Not sure our bank manager would agree with you Solidarity!
Indeed. Much reduced cash from Sponsors next season I assume if we are in the Challenge rather than the Heineken?