Ulster v Leinster Sat Apr 27th 5:15pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Leinster Sat Apr 27th 5:15pm

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote:Advantage is called for two things— foul play - penalty
Knock on — scrum

Advantage for a knock on should be limited to a number of passes ( Say 3 )and / or a pass and kick .

Advantage penalty — out side the 22 — 2 phases -then back to penalty
Inside the 22 — 3 phases then penalty .

The problem inside 22 the attacking side on advantage are playing in a penalty free environment — the referee may cease to referee the attacking side and concentrate on looking for offences by the defending team.— impartiality ceases to exists .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm inclined to agree Rum. Give them 3 phases to make something from a pen advantage and then back for the kick if nothing accrues. All very inconsistent, and a bit farcical at times, as things stand.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

A Disciplinary Committee will on Wednesday to consider the Citing Complaint made against Fergus McFadden (No 14) of Leinster Rugby for an incident which occurred against Ulster Rugby on Saturday April 27, 2019.
The complaint refers to an incident involving Ulster Rugby No 8 (Sean Reidy) in the 13th minute of the Guinness PRO14 Round 21 fixture at Kingspan Stadium, Belfast.
The player has been reported by the Citing Commissioner in charge for infringement of Law 9.12 – A player must not physically abuse anyone – Striking with the head.
The Player will face a Disciplinary Committee via video conference, the make-up  of the Committee will be confirmed in due course.

Read more at https://www.pro14rugby.org/2019/04/29/d ... C7uIJKp.99

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Why is Busby not being cited for his legal tackle on Fergus McFergface that got him all angry. Reidy is lucky he only got head butted once.ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I thought Busby had a decent game. He was very good in defence, as this totally legal tackle on McFathead shows.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

If Busby had of been fit we would have seen him given opportunity ahead of Bobby B and Kernohan..

When opportunity presents....
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Any word on why Fergs citing didn't report yesterday? Has UR been pressurised by D4 to minimise the assault? Assume reidy would be asked for his account.

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote:Any word on why Fergs citing didn't report yesterday? Has UR been pressurised by D4 to minimise the assault? Assume reidy would be asked for his account.

Reidy did his best to minimise it. Stayed on his feet with a bemused look. Reminded me of the time Rory took a dig in the bake from Hartley and didn't flinch
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
jean valjean wrote:Any word on why Fergs citing didn't report yesterday? Has UR been pressurised by D4 to minimise the assault? Assume reidy would be asked for his account.

Reidy did his best to minimise it. Stayed on his feet with a bemused look. Reminded me of the time Rory took a dig in the bake from Hartley and didn't flinch
Nobody:

Gordon Darcy: FFS, Reidy milked that penalty and looking for a card too...
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

jean valjean wrote:A Disciplinary Committee will on Wednesday to consider the Citing Complaint made against Fergus McFadden (No 14) of Leinster Rugby for an incident which occurred against Ulster Rugby on Saturday April 27, 2019.
The complaint refers to an incident involving Ulster Rugby No 8 (Sean Reidy) in the 13th minute of the Guinness PRO14 Round 21 fixture at Kingspan Stadium, Belfast.
The player has been reported by the Citing Commissioner in charge for infringement of Law 9.12 – A player must not physically abuse anyone – Striking with the head.
The Player will face a Disciplinary Committee via video conference, the make-up  of the Committee will be confirmed in due course.

BTTT

Have they announced which Wednesday this is gonna happen yet, or will that be confirmed in due course too?

Have Leinster not decided who they want to sit on the panel yet? I presume D'Arcy will be one of them, and Reidy will be banned?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
jean valjean wrote:A Disciplinary Committee will on Wednesday to consider the Citing Complaint made against Fergus McFadden (No 14) of Leinster Rugby for an incident which occurred against Ulster Rugby on Saturday April 27, 2019.

BTTT

Have they announced which Wednesday this is gonna happen yet, or will that be confirmed in due course too?

Have Leinster not decided who they want to sit on the panel yet? I presume D'Arcy will be one of them, and Reidy will be banned?
Six week ban
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

Clancey should be sanctioned too
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

BTTT

Six week ban
McFadden or Reidy? :duck:
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

BTTT

Six week ban
McFadden or Reidy? :duck:
McFadden
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Really? :shock:
I'm not arguing -