Ulster v Connacht, Sat May 4th 2019 17:35

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ulster v Connacht, Sat May 4th 2019 17:35

Post by solidarity »

Plenty of Connacht fans here tonight. I reckon more of them than Mexicans or Turnips. Fine people, with a great song.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I hear we don't like Aki because of his skin colour and nothing to do with him being a bellend.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

The booing was an embarrassment. Ok he should've got a yellow but honest to God we're turning into Glasgow fans.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

We seem to boo for everything now. First time I've heard a player coming off being booed. Though I've a brad pitt memory.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

When you're playing Connacht and the referee a spot of booing is quite in order.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's pantomime stuff but booing him off the field was a bit much.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Aki is not a dirty player he was unfortunate that Burns turn into him but i for one do not consider that the hit was intended a card wasn't really necessary.

Problem -- Burns has become a little predictable -- 'quick pass to a flat back line ' price -- two intercepts and one try ..he needs to vary his game more -- granted the wind to night didn't lend its self to a kicking game but the odd variation might help to reduce the pressure.-- a grubber down the tram lines for the wings to chase. gives the opposition someting to think about and can reduce the chances of missed ( by the ref )off side --- referees tend to ball watch thus the fact the outside is offside is frequently unseen -- and referees prefer to allow play to continue rather than award penalties -- for offences which they consider are ( off the ball ) and therefore not interfering with play ?? ( Any foul play that reduces the option of an out half is interfering with play )

the jury is still out on the referee -- he allowed to much arsing about in the set scrum -- tell the front rows what is wanted refore the game -- not during it, made a few mistakes ---but then every ref does

( maybe before the game during the warm up the ref should get the front rows together to practice forming the scrum in the manor he wants them two and tell them what he does not want to see before the ball is put and during the heel.)

But to some extent he needs to lighten up
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:If Darren was only a temporary replacement for Luke, does that count as a cap? I doubt it, for some reason.

Is he therefore still 2 behind Trimbie, or does his brief cameo today get him to 228?

Answers on a postcard please?
Has to count. If he had scired a try that would have counted.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:If Darren was only a temporary replacement for Luke, does that count as a cap? I doubt it, for some reason.

Is he therefore still 2 behind Trimbie, or does his brief cameo today get him to 228?

I don't think it does count. As you say had he scored it would have counted. Seems rather legalistic, but suppose it would be rather like a 12th man taking a catch in cricket or a runner scoring runs.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

I don't think it does count. As you say had he scored it would have counted. Seems rather legalistic, but suppose it would be rather like a 12th man taking a catch in cricket or a runner scoring runs.
The UR squad stats have been updated and he's on 228 :thumleft:

Sean Cronin's lucky you boys aren't awarding caps :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: The UR squad stats have been updated and he's on 228 :thumleft:
dat'll do for me. :D
Snipe Watson wrote: Seems rather legalistic, but suppose it would be rather like a 12th man taking a catch in cricket or a runner scoring runs.
Point of order: while a 12th man can take a catch, there is no way on Earth a runner can score runs (while a runner)*. :thumleft:

* Assuming we're still on cricket here.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I have fulfilled many roles at cricket.

Runner is not one of them!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Would love to see DC get that record. There's nobody that deserves it, or indeed, who would appreciate it more :red:
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:Would love to see DC get that record. There's nobody that deserves it, or indeed, who would appreciate it more :red:
Agreed, and that's with no disrespect to Trimby.

Trimby got more caps for Ireland, but DC was overlooked on too many occasions by both Ireland and Ulster, and in my opinion should already have the record. Of course what helped his haul of caps for Ulster was being overlooked by Ireland, but that's as much part of the reason I think he deserves to reach 229 in a fortnight, or even 230 at Celtic Park.

IMO, his face fits!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Would love to see DC get that record. There's nobody that deserves it, or indeed, who would appreciate it more :red:
Agreed. Especially since if it wasn't for Les Kiss he would have already surpassed it. Also Joe ordering Jihad to 13.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?