Season 2019-20

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Season 2019-20

Post by rocky »

I know this has been discussed before in one of the threads but can anyone clarify what the groupings will be next season.
I know it will be Ireland clubs 1 and 4 in one side with teams 2 and three in the other but I'm not sure how this is decided.
As it stands - Leinster were first with 76 points, Munster were second with 77 points, Ulster second with 63 points and Connacht third with 61 points.
Therefore, Ulster are third overall and Connacht fourth. If it depends on position, Leinster are first and Munster second but, if it's on match points, Munster are first and Leinster second - in which case, we would be in the same section as Leinster again.
Confused - yes I am. Can someone elucidate?
Bo***cks to Brexit
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season 2019-20

Post by Rooster »

rocky wrote:I know this has been discussed before in one of the threads but can anyone clarify what the groupings will be next season.
I know it will be Ireland clubs 1 and 4 in one side with teams 2 and three in the other but I'm not sure how this is decided.
As it stands - Leinster were first with 76 points, Munster were second with 77 points, Ulster second with 63 points and Connacht third with 61 points.
Therefore, Ulster are third overall and Connacht fourth. If it depends on position, Leinster are first and Munster second but, if it's on match points, Munster are first and Leinster second - in which case, we would be in the same section as Leinster again.
Confused - yes I am. Can someone elucidate?
The article I saw on Wales online had it on the finishing positions after final round and your thought is correct rocky, just points totals unless the same points then it may get confusing so we are 3rd placed and have Treviso in our group and Edinburgh, pools seem the same except Scarlets and Ospreys swap.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Munster 81
Leinster 76
Ulster 67
Connacht 61

My learned colleague Rooster is correct. The Ospreys/Scarlets swop is the only change.

Re Heineken, Ulster in Pot 2/3 if they lose in SF. Pot 1/2 losing finalist. Pot 1 winner
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I'd settle for something just short of world domination next season.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:I'd settle for something just short of world domination next season.
League domination and Euro final ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:I'd settle for something just short of world domination next season.
League domination and Euro final ?
... or the other way round. I'm not fussy.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall