Japan RWC

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Japan RWC

Post by Dave »

It takes a 100m sprinter around 50-60m to reach maximum velocity. They will still be in the drive phase and not fully upright at 5m. Stop writing such uninformed horseshit.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:It takes a 100m sprinter around 50-60m to reach maximum velocity. They will still be in the drive phase and not fully upright at 5m. Stop writing such uninformed horseshit.
When you argue with stupid, who really is the idiot in the argument...... sorry Dave.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:It takes a 100m sprinter around 50-60m to reach maximum velocity. They will still be in the drive phase and not fully upright at 5m. Stop writing such uninformed horseshit.
When you argue with stupid, who really is the idiot in the argument...... sorry Dave.
Don't be sorry I'm not arguing. I'm blowing up stupid with knowledge bombs.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Image
Stats.....Lots of worthless things do have comedy value.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Image
Stats.....Lots of worthless things do have comedy value.
Statistics are only worthless to those who do not understand the purpose they hold and appreciate the limitations they possess.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I see Rory has weighed in on the squad size debate, says it should be moved up to 35 instead of 31 as when you take out the number of front rows it then soon gets to the stage that a player injured for 10 days but then going to be fit has to be dropped and someone else brought in.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Statistics are only worthless to those who do not understand the purpose they hold and appreciate the limitations they possess.
I always said you are a born entertainer. :lol:
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Statistics are only worthless to those who do not understand the purpose they hold and appreciate the limitations they possess.
I always said you are a born entertainer. Image
ImageImage
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

He’s been absolutely top class for 2 seasons. The brad pitt show of a season 17/18 for me was the making of him. He was about the only carrier we had that could get over the gainline (what a focus, bearing in mind our backrow was pretty much ineffectual) don’t know whether it helped his confidence or maturity as a player, but he became a “critical” player for us. Then with retirements there was maybe room to grow into that senior player role....bearing in mind now though, age wise he is a senior compared to the number of pups. Ire’s loss is UR gain. I have no doubt he’s a 200 capper. His durability has been top class too. With a better developed/ functioning attack which I expect to evolve, I expect he’ll become even more effective.

He’s good enough to play internationally. The coach just don’t fancy him, as is his perogative.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Coetzee called up to a training squad by the Boks.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Oh dang
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote:Coetzee called up to a training squad by the Boks.
For his sake, I hope he gets to go to Japan, so long as they don't send him back broken.
For us, Dave sums it up well.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Good luck to him, big loss for us and highlights we don't have great physicality without him.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

South Africa make 12 changes to their starting team v NZ on Sat. Coetzee not in 23, he appears to be at best travelling cover in a 31 strong RWC squad/on reserve list in case of injuries etc.
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

NZ have made 14 changes: both sides using the championship to explore combinations ahead of the world Cup, plus manage the travel considerations.