PADDY JACKSON

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Dave »

He's signed a contract. No sponsor can change that.

Fcuk off Diageo. It will sit easier with my conscience to support LI in the Gallagherbosh.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I have a Brive rugby shirt and now I'll be buying an LI shirt. Can someone list the Diageo drinks that I'll no longer be able to purchase? This is pure vindictiveness.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Can I still drink Guinness?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

No but there are alternatives. Thank God Bushmills have moved to Cuevo!!!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Actually not as many as I thought and most are tom kite.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Dave wrote:He's signed a contract. No sponsor can change that.
Nope. They can’t but I now wouldn’t be surprised if all the sponsors jump on the bandwagon. In fact it’s practically inevitable now that they will one by one withdraw as they can’t been seen to not have those values upheld.

London Irish is a business and won’t be able to survive without sponsorship.

I doubt Paddy will start the season at LI. At least the french had something right. It might be cheaper for them to pay him off than lose millions in sponsorship. I hope Jeremy Davidson is watching and ready to spring.

Which sickens me. UK and Ireland. Criminals, Racists and Fraudsters in national government, terrorist murdering bar steward in local government, extreme prejudice religious Neanderthals in there too and peadophiles running religious institutions but they are all untouchable. Leftist comedians enticing acid attacks after a particular sick period of acid attacks in London. Where’s the fcuking outcry and sackings - fcuking nowhere.

A young lad engaged in, as determined by a court of law, a consensual threesome and send a private inappropriate message and he loses his job, his home and is forced into exile, as a now young vulnerable person, away from family support and friends. And he’s still getting fcuking hounded. paddy’s and the others behaviour yes wasn’t exactly great but holy fack this is all getting so disproportionate for one message saying there was a ‘bit of spit’ and consensual sexual activity that goes on up and down this country and Ireland all day every day FFS.

When is someone important, some organisation or institution going to call out this sh!t and moral hypocrisy from companies like Cash Converters, Diageo, BOI, IRFU. I’ve emailed a few of the journalists writing these articles. Bet none of them have the moral courage or backbone to call these companies out and to say enough is enough. Nah, they are cowards and just cut and paste the same incorrect shyte every time.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

In fact the whole train was set in motion by the hypocrisy and spineless cowardly act by the IRFU. They should have stood up and said he was a young employee of theirs and they have a duty and responsibility to lets call it ‘rehabilitate’ him through education programs, outreach and community service type stuff while slowly reintroducing to playing after a suitable further suspension. They should have stood up and admitted some responsibility for not having an appropriate player welfare and safeguarding culture after other events weren’t dealt with.

If they did the right thing in the first place most of the outcry would have dissipated over time as he was rehabbed. No, the immoral sectarian cnuts took the easy way out and set the never ending precedent.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The main sponsor is the boss mans company, Cash converters were gone anyway and Guinness were just a drinks supplier so may not have been huge money anyway.
Murphys then at Ravenspan next season the stout of choice, and hope Heineken outbid them next time round as well.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Full statement below as issued by LI what a management team!!! telling them to stuff their sponsorship wish we had the same type of management last year

"London Irish’s management is understandably disappointed that Diageo has chosen not to renew its sponsorship agreement with the club, and particularly the manner in which the company has chosen to do so.

"The club has always respected the right for everyone to have an opinion, and their right to express that opinion.

"London Irish has been open and honest with all of its sponsors, including offering to meet Diageo’s senior management in Dublin in May, 2019. This offer was not taken up.

"London Irish will be moving on without the support of Diageo, who have chosen to stand down after a nearly 30 year association with the club. It is regretful that this relationship has ended in the manner that it has.

"The club will make no further statement at this time."

>clapping >yahoo
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Hope everyone ignores the Guinness next season. Murphys for me, I don't like it but at least it won't leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I'm a fairly quiet sort of bloke but this makes me livid. The whole charade is shameful, absolutely shameful. The hypocrisy of Diageo is stunning. I only hope LI and the rest of the sponsors hold fast.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

The fight back for this continuing vilification has to start somewhere. If I remember a lot of the feminist bandwagon started because some pr!ck had a “I Believe Her” banner at one of the autumn internationals and the cameras picked it up wasn’t it. And then it became a hashtag thingymabobber and so it began.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Just some ballsy journo to ask DIageo-Guinness “what are your Values then?”

Cost of alcohol related illness to NHS per year: £3.5Billion
Cost of alcohol related issues to the UK economy per year: £21Billion
Average deaths per year related to alcohol in Uk: 8000
Victims of crime related to alcohol in UK: 1 in every 100
Sexual crimes related to alcohol in UK per year: 1 in every 5

“Are these your Values?”
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

volvo wrote:Full statement below as issued by LI what a management team!!! telling them to stuff their sponsorship wish we had the same type of management last year

"London Irish’s management is understandably disappointed that Diageo has chosen not to renew its sponsorship agreement with the club, and particularly the manner in which the company has chosen to do so.

"The club has always respected the right for everyone to have an opinion, and their right to express that opinion.

"London Irish has been open and honest with all of its sponsors, including offering to meet Diageo’s senior management in Dublin in May, 2019. This offer was not taken up.

"London Irish will be moving on without the support of Diageo, who have chosen to stand down after a nearly 30 year association with the club. It is regretful that this relationship has ended in the manner that it has.

"The club will make no further statement at this time."

>clapping >yahoo
I salute you LI Image

Meeting refused in May, wonder what changed or who managed to sway Diageo??

Agree that this may start the yips with other sponsors, this is shameful by Diageo, vindictive, hyprocritical & ironic all rolled into one.

The IRFU, BOI & Diageo in Ireland are all too closely linked - and that’s a fact. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a common factor in all of this, it’s disgusting. Downright corporate bullying Image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Is Tax avoidance your values?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39871218

Considering how much the cost of your products cost UK tax payers every year?