Ireland u20s

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ireland u20s

Post by Neill_M »

Ireland v New Zealand now starting at 5pm UK Time on Saturday rather than 7:30pm.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ireland U20s v New Zealand U20s - Saturday 5pm (UK Time) Eir Sport 1 (ROI), World Rugby Website etc (UK)

15. Max O’Reilly (Dublin University/Leinster) 14. Angus Kernohan (Queen’s University/Ulster) 13. Liam Turner (Dublin University/Leinster) 12. Cormac Foley (St.Mary’s College/Leinster) 11. Rob Russell (Dublin University/Leinster) 10. Jake Flannery (Shannon/Munster) 9. Craig Casey (Shannon/Munster); 1. Josh Wycherley (Young Munster/Munster) 2. Dylan Tierney-Martin (Corinthians/Connacht) 3. Tom Clarkson (Dublin University/Leinster) 4. Charlie Ryan (UCD/Leinster)(c) 5. Thomas Ahern (Shannon/Munster) 6. Ryan Baird (Dublin University/Leinster) 7. Ronan Watters (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 8. Brian Deeny (Clontarf/Leinster)

16. Declan Adamson (Clontarf/Leinster) 17. Michael Milne (UCD/Leinster) 18. Charlie Ward (Clontarf/Leinster) 19. John McKee (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 20. Niall Murray (Buccaneers/Connacht) 21. Luke Clohessy (Shannon/Munster) 22. Azur Allison (Ballymena/Ulster) 24. Colm Reilly (Buccaneers/Connacht) 25. Ben Healy (Garryowen/Munster) 26. Jonathan Wren (Cork Constitution/Munster) 27. David Ryan (UCD/Leinster) 28. Aaron O’Sullivan (UCD/Leinster).
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

So we have just one starter and one on the bench. Any injured or otherwise unavailble? Or does this simply not augur well for the future?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Scotland beaten by Fiji and relegated to the Trophy competition next year.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Neill_M wrote:Scotland beaten by Fiji and relegated to the Trophy competition next year.
What a shame.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:So we have just one starter and one on the bench. Any injured or otherwise unavailble? Or does this simply not augur well for the future?
Stewart Moore was the most impressive back and David McCann the most impressive forward. Moore is injured. Not sure about McCann.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Ireland u20s

Post by Neill_M »

Ireland in a group with England, Fiji and Australia next year.

Final was decent watch.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Neill_M wrote:Ireland in a group with England, Fiji and Australia next year.

Final was decent watch.
As this competition is about development, who really cares?
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

All in all how did the Ulster guys do, is McCann the next big thing at an area of weakness, what about Allison, Moore, Kernighan? Is Allison a good bit lighter than McCann, did it show on the pitch?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Lurgan Lad wrote:All in all how did the Ulster guys do, is McCann the next big thing at an area of weakness, what about Allison, Moore, Kernighan? Is Allison a good bit lighter than McCann, did it show on the pitch?
Reckon both McCann and Allison will get game time during World Cup period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gerald the Mole wrote:

Final was decent watch.
It's much better to play the best teams.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Gerald the Mole wrote:

Final was decent watch.
Do you think they would develop the same playing Cook Islands U20?

The tougher the opposition the harder it is both physically and more so mentally. This aids development.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Considering that the first XV were wiped out between the Six Nations and the early matches of the tournament (12 first choice gone), and that the seconds had to play the Baby Blacks, you have to give these young lads enormous credit.
I have no doubt quite a few of this years u20s will put on the senior jersey in years to come.
Dylan Tierney-Martin from Galway strikes me as one of the likely ones to make it.

One suggestion: the commentary was awful on all the matches. Either Welsh biased or SH biased. Change it. I am sure Ulster folk winced at the commentator talking up David Nucifora as the great mastermind of Irish rugby!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dublin4 wrote:Considering that the first XV were wiped out between the Six Nations and the early matches of the tournament (12 first choice gone), and that the seconds had to play the Baby Blacks, you have to give these young lads enormous credit.
I have no doubt quite a few of this years u20s will put on the senior jersey in years to come.
Dylan Tierney-Martin from Galway strikes me as one of the likely ones to make it.

One suggestion: the commentary was awful on all the matches. Either Welsh biased or SH biased. Change it. I am sure Ulster folk winced at the commentator talking up David Nucifora as the great mastermind of Irish rugby!
The commentary was dire, so bad I turned the volume down and just watched
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

kingofthehill wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote:All in all how did the Ulster guys do, is McCann the next big thing at an area of weakness, what about Allison, Moore, Kernighan? Is Allison a good bit lighter than McCann, did it show on the pitch?
Reckon both McCann and Allison will get game time during World Cup period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks King. Haven't seen Allison playing, but see from the Academy thread that he is 192cm tall and 95kg while McCann is listed as 191cm and 103kg, that is quite a weight difference, do those appear accurate?