A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Dave »

Setanta wrote:What depressed me was his lack of English - he could not express top deck or upper deck; took him nearly a minute to describe I paint models!
It was awful. He is one of the worst orators I've ever had the misfortune to listen to. Yet his supporters build him up as this plain speaking wordsmith.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The UKs answer to Trump. feck them

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

At least Trump has ideas and can talk or spoof about them, Boris sounds like a 5 year old kid in that interview being asked on his thoughts on quantum physics and the influence of black holes in the origin of the universe
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:At least Trump has ideas and can talk or spoof about them, Boris sounds like a 5 year old kid in that interview being asked on his thoughts on quantum physics and the influence of black holes in the origin of the universe
You'd still back him one on one with a 9 yo Japanese kid mind …
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Being a good speaker is not related to being good for the country though. Some of the previous PM's were good or better orators but have fairly shameful records.

That being said if someone like Boris is yer PM tis probably time to start planning an exit.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:Being a good speaker is not related to being good for the country though. Some of the previous PM's were good or better orators but have fairly shameful records.

That being said if someone like Boris is yer PM tis probably time to start planning an exit.
I get what you are trying to say but there has to be some ability to communicate.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:Being a good speaker is not related to being good for the country though. Some of the previous PM's were good or better orators but have fairly shameful records.

I get what you are trying to say but there has to be some ability to communicate.
Communication is not normally a problem for Boris, just the crap he comes out with is his big problem.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:

Communication is not normally a problem for Boris, just the crap he comes out with is his big problem.
Like the time he stated that Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was just "training journalists".

Well done, Boris. That's what they accused her of doing.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:

Like the time he stated that Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was just "training journalists".

And as Foreign Minister he had to take the blame for that while the nameless civil servant who briefed him goes unnoticed. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:Like the time he stated that Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was just "training journalists".

And as Foreign Minister he had to take the blame for that while the nameless civil servant who briefed him goes unnoticed. :roll:
So the foreign minister had to take the blame and they don't throw a civil servant under the bus? Well.......ok. Image

That wouldn't even matter or excuse him in anyway. Any evidence of this claim, by the way?

IF he was advised to say what he did and couldn't recognise that it would be an incriminating statement in the irrational and paranoid minds of the Iranian authorities, then he is more stupid and incompetent than I thought.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Anyone who counts Trump as a friend and takes advice for Steve Bannon will definately not be an ideal canditate to lead the country.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

If Boris listened to one of his senior civil servants then it would have been just about the first time he did. They usually turn into a bunch of nervous wrecks whenever he speaks in public.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:

According to Ken Clarke, he never read the briefs.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1143224771703955457
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Boris is a former Editor of the Spectator and the Author of several books .

There is of course the Urban myth that he went around in a bus stating the money paid to EU should be spent — in full on the NHS - wrong the side of Bus implied only that more could be spent on the NHS not that all the moneys saved from the EU .
But repeat a lie often enough some fool is going to believe it .

While no Boris lover I do think the idea he is a Buffoon is over played by the BBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

rumncoke wrote:Boris is a former Editor of the Spectator and the Author of several books .

There is of course the Urban myth that he went around in a bus stating the money paid to EU should be spent — in full on the NHS - wrong the side of Bus implied only that more could be spent on the NHS not that all the moneys saved from the EU .
But repeat a lie often enough some fool is going to believe it .

While no Boris lover I do think the idea he is a Buffoon is over played by the BBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The lie on the side of the bus was, of course, “We send the EU £350 million a week”.

Were you one of the fools who believed this lie rum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro