A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by justinr73 »

It looks like it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The main lie is that money would be saved. Boris repeated the brexit lies several times after the referendum. Even Farage, Gove, Rees-Mogg were backing away from it. Johnson is too used to lying. He was sacked for lying in 2004 to the then tory leader, Michael Howard, from a shadow cabinet position. How anyone can afford him a shred of credibility or trust is beyond me..
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The amount of the saving is debatable and personally I doubt if money was a major factor why those who voted Brexit did so.

Since as you have pointed out few if any understand the finances of the EU since the Accounts have never been signed by anyone .

As some idiot into to-days BT states_===when the Uk is currently about to create political and economic barriers against Europe — utter bullshit - the barriers are those created by the EU not GB — the EU is an organisation which excludes free trade outside the EU . Thus the barrier is not created by GB but is an existing barrier created the EU.

By Brexit GB places it’s self outside that barrier .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

There is no debate that “We send the EU £350 million a week” was a lie.

Were you fooled by it Rum?
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Rummy, I suggest you try to remember that Boris Johnston is a liar and that the Daily Mail, the Sun, the Express, Telegraph cannot be trusted when writing about the EU. The idea that the EU accounts have never been signed off by the auditors is one of the big lies created by Eurosceptics to back up their argument. Basically it is total horlix. The accounts have been signed off every year since 2007.

Have a wee look at https://infacts.org/mythbusts/auditors- ... -accounts/
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Come back when you find out the difference between a Budget and a set of Accounts .

Think in terms of your wife’s house keeping allowance — what it’s meant to be spent on and what is spent on may not be one and the same thing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Rummy, if you read your own post you will see that you were talking about the accounts never being signed off. Where did either you or I mention budget? And I remind you again - the accounts have been signed off in spite of what the motley collection of Brexiteer liars claim.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

What has been signed off is the EU Budget not the EU Accounts . EU moneys are mostly accounted for by individual governments -- some are trust worthy--- others less so and as the Club gets bigger then trust is harder to find.

But the idea that people voted for Brexit because of 'savings "to be achieved is the real myth .Most have very little knowledge of Government finance --- other than Government expenditure never decreases and taxes never fall in total the only thing which changes is the way money is raised.

The media and government ( central and local ) have an army of people dedicate to complaining and insisting that the worlds problems would not exist if money was available -- for--- Education, Law Enforcement, Health Care, Housing,War on Poverty-- nothing improves -- their problems are bigger .

Poeple have forgotten they came into the world with nothing and will leave with nothing -- all Expectation and Rights are a myth and depended on the goodwill of others -- do I trust you to come to my aid if I was in gutter drunk on a Saturday night -- you would be like 99% of the population and walk on by on the other side of the road.

The only Right any government exercises is the Right to Tax and other Rights are created to justify that Right
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Wrong Rummy, but keep telling the lie long enough and people, the stupid ones, will believe it.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So then Boris is your new leader. Apparently he is going to unite the country. He should probably start with trying to unite his own party.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

God help us all.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Tough tough job for him, good luck to him
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

He'll need a lot more than good luck.
We'll all need a lot more than good luck. I forecast another run on Irish passports.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Mr Johnson also promised to make the UK the greatest place on earth by leaving the European Union on 31 October.

"Our mission is to deliver Brexit on the 31st of October for the purpose of uniting and re-energising our great United Kingdom and making this country the greatest place on earth," Mr Johnson told parliament.

This is pitiful really. Trump level stuff and pathetic from anybody not simply masquerading as a political leader. However as the UK dumbs down to US levels he probably also knows there is an audience ready and willing to lap us this nonsense.
Last edited by Shan on Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

He talked about achieving this that and the other by 2025, I'm not sure he would win a General Election if he even made it that far never mind 2025. I find most politicians now are just actors, when I look back at Blair when he said his three priorities were education, education, education what did he actually achieve. He achieved very little and just so many others it is as much presentation as actually achieving anything.

I like that Boris has nailed his colours to the mast, he has made his cabinet and said what he is going to do. I'm not sure with no real majority in the House of Commons how he can deliver Brexit, I heard Mogg saying that it is happening in October unless the government is brought down or there is a change in the law, interesting times!