L.I.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: L.I.

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

stev1eG wrote:Errmmmm! I was trying to be subtle, without explicitly pointing out that I prefer Irish whiskey (with an 'e') as opposed to Scotch and/or Japanese (though I do like a number of Japanese *whiskies/whiskys).

*delete as appropriate to suit your taste
Errmmm ... whatever

I was trying to be subtle and point out was that there is no such word as "whiskys". :whistle:

Too subtle, obviously. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I love a good game of pedantic.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

L.I.

Post by rumncoke »

Your not putting words in my mouth --MR HARVEY'
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Took some Swedish friends on the auld "terror tour" this week. Mrs BM wrote "Boycott Guinness" on the peace wall :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
grassroots supporter
Novice

Post by grassroots supporter »

Good effort!

Its important to stand up to these corporate dictators, especially when they feel they have the right to moralise
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Munster hosting London Irish in a pre-season friendly. I can't see Paddy travelling
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

He absolutely should and I would go to that pre season friendly.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Jackson has to play -- he can't allow the verdict "deny-ers" to decide when or where he can play -- the idea that you can accept the verdict and still' believerher " is a myth if the jury had believed the complaint then they would have been found guilty of rape -- the jury did not believe or accept her lies it is that simple.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

I was chatting to a guy who is involved a bit in LI, and he said that when this reared its head, the Chairman said, to use his exact words, "F**k them, then". I said to him a lot of Ulster fans are looking across and envying a club which has its players backs... He said that a few people had complained at the time, and threatened not to go to matches again etc, but the vast majority of LI fans are just keeping their heads down and waiting for the season to kick off, and all this to be left behind.
..one more thing
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Straight from the Chairmans mouth eh?
Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye »

bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Columbo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:05 pm I was chatting to a guy who is involved a bit in LI, and he said that when this reared its head, the Chairman said, to use his exact words, "F**k them, then". I said to him a lot of Ulster fans are looking across and envying a club which has its players backs... He said that a few people had complained at the time, and threatened not to go to matches again etc, but the vast majority of LI fans are just keeping their heads down and waiting for the season to kick off, and all this to be left behind.
I’d be one of those fans looking with envy. Been to one match since the verdict and sacking and my interest in UR and Irish Rugby couldn’t be lower.

Happy at least that SO seems to be thriving in Brive and hope PJ gets on as well at LI.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Happy days, fat obnoxious dog
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Great news, this is one of the issues with social media, it is there for all to see and glad he took them to court. Will be interesting to see what kind of settlement you get for that.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Well done Mr Jackson and courageous to take on the cesspit of keyboard warriors in social media but hopefully a warning shot to many.

Mind it hasn’t got much coverage in the media...funny that.