Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Contract Situation

Post by Snipe Watson »

Nakarawa will add a different dimension to our ball carrying, when he's here and available.

Hope he turns up!!!
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Snipe Watson wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:35 pm Nakarawa will add a different dimension to our ball carrying, when he's here and available.

Hope he turns up!!!
Yep. Absolutely this.

He fits the Dan McFarland style of play perfectly. He also has a poor reputation for professionalism since the last World Cup. I’m really hoping that was discussed with him and his agent when the contract was negotiated because a fit, focused and firing Nakarawa is a special kind of animal
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Who remembers this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/murray_kinse ... 1698594817

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Was actually thinking that Ulster should tell Lowry to go easy on him when they play Flasgow in a few weeks!
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Pleased to see Madigan renew his contract. A year ago I wouldn't have believed that I would be saying that but I have warmed to his effort and commitment and talent. A sustained partnership in the halfbacks would be good.
rosiemccann
Novice

Post by rosiemccann »

Snipe Watson wrote:Nakarawa will add a different dimension to our ball carrying, when he's here and available.

Hope he turns up!!!
He’s had a season under McFarland already, a season which earned him a move to Racing, so hopefully the McFarland factor means he will have 100% attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

rosiemccann wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:55 am
Snipe Watson wrote:Nakarawa will add a different dimension to our ball carrying, when he's here and available.

Hope he turns up!!!
He’s had a season under McFarland already, a season which earned him a move to Racing, so hopefully the McFarland factor means he will have 100% attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🤞🏻
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:27 am Pleased to see Madigan renew his contract. A year ago I wouldn't have believed that I would be saying that but I have warmed to his effort and commitment and talent. A sustained partnership in the halfbacks would be good.
I feel there will be many Ulster supporters if honest will be saying exactly the same.

Very selfless and plays a key big brother role to the younger lads.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Neill_M do let us know if anyone gives you an answer to your question. I am also interested. :roll: :D
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:44 pm
for dog and ulcer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:27 am Pleased to see Madigan renew his contract. A year ago I wouldn't have believed that I would be saying that but I have warmed to his effort and commitment and talent. A sustained partnership in the halfbacks would be good.
I feel there will be many Ulster supporters if honest will be saying exactly the same.

Agree on this, however hard to fault Johnston and will this mean the exit lounge for him, which would be a pity? Personal view is that Burns was one of the poor performers at the RDS, has class no doubt but goes AWOL when pressure is on and injury prone, hard call!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Marco wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:02 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:44 pm

Agree on this, however hard to fault Johnston and will this mean the exit lounge for him, which would be a pity? Personal view is that Burns was one of the poor performers at the RDS, has class no doubt but goes AWOL when pressure is on and injury prone, hard call!
If your life depended on a kick, Wee Mads would be right up there to take it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Craig Gilroy gets 1 year extension to 2022
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

He'll have taken some pay cut I bet. He was clearing as much as Cooney was.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

germcevoy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:47 pm He'll have taken some pay cut I bet. He was clearing as much as Cooney was.
His stock isn't too high. Hasn't troubled the scoreboard since 2019.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:49 pm
germcevoy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:47 pm He'll have taken some pay cut I bet. He was clearing as much as Cooney was.
His stock isn't too high. Hasn't troubled the scoreboard since 2019.
For sure. His expiring contract was worth similar to Conney’s current contract so he negotiated well last time round. He will be grateful I am sure. Handy in defence for a pure winger.