Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract Situation

Post by Bart S »

kingofthehill wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:22 pm
Neill_M wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:26 pm Updated after today's 3 1 year extensions.

Matt Faddes, Iain Henderson, Alby Mathewson, Louis Ludik, Sam Carter

Billy Burns, John Cooney, Tom O’Toole, Stuart McCloskey, Jack McGrath, Marty Moore, Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Leone Nakawara, James Hume, Michael Lowry, Craig Gilroy, Marcus Rea, Angus Curtis

Will Addison, Jordi Murphy, Rob Lyttle, Stewart Moore, Jacob Stockdale, John Andrew, Luke Marshall, Alan O’Connor, Robert Baloucoune, Aaron Sexton, Kieran Treadwell, Andrew Warwick, Nathan Doak, Rob Herring, Ian Madigan

Unsure
Bill Johnston, Greg Jones, Ross Kane, Adam McBurney, Kyle McCall, David O’Connor, Eric O’Sullivan, Nick Timoney, Gareth Milasinovich, Dave Shanahan
Few big ones in there left 😬.

Am I the only one concerned?
King - if YOU are concerned then I am pretty sure 99.99% of other posters on here will be!!
HighlandRed
Novice

Post by HighlandRed »

Hendys the big one there.

Big concern re Leone is attitude, on his day will be an offloading machine for our twinkle toed youngsters, but there are doubts in my mind. Different with big nick, he was a playing in a bad team before us in. Italy but got the games under his belt.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

feck. KOTH, we aren’t losing Hendy are we?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

HighlandRed wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:16 pm Hendys the big one there.

Big concern re Leone is attitude, on his day will be an offloading machine for our twinkle toed youngsters, but there are doubts in my mind. Different with big nick, he was a playing in a bad team before us in. Italy but got the games under his belt.
My understanding is that Dan was an assistant coach at Glasgow when Nakarawa was very good and got his move to R92 on the back of his form.

I remember when Nick signed, the Munster fans especially were shocked given how he had played there. It worked out.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Hendy is obviously down to the IRFU in the first instance.

Talk of Stander leaving for Bordeaux but that may be coming from his agent.

Ireland are not well stocked at lock.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:55 pm Hendy is obviously down to the IRFU in the first instance.

Talk of Stander leaving for Bordeaux but that may be coming from his agent.

Ireland are not well stocked at lock.
Stander's agent earning his cash. Old tactic, Earls was apparently joining Saracens a couple of seasons ago etc and stayed.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

CJ has just invested in Louis’ sausage so you’d think he’d want to stay hands on.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

TBH If i was Hendy I'd be looking for something new. When your best mate is loving life in France, and your kids are young enough to move, now is the time. I wouldn't blame him at all for moving on. Its a short career.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:47 pm
HighlandRed wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:16 pm Hendys the big one there.

My understanding is that Dan was an assistant coach at Glasgow when Nakarawa was very good and got his move to R92 on the back of his form.

I remember when Nick signed, the Munster fans especially were shocked given how he had played there. It worked out.
Yeah and that turn around in form was the environment and being familiar with the coach. Dan will know what he's getting and so will Nakarawa - could even be part of the reason he signed for Ulster- to work with a coach who gets him.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

nonplussed wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:53 am TBH If i was Hendy I'd be looking for something new. When your best mate is loving life in France, and your kids are young enough to move, now is the time. I wouldn't blame him at all for moving on. Its a short career.
Who is his best mate? Zebo?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Olding
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

nonplussed wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:39 pmOlding
Yes of course, with no tv coverage of Top 14 in UK/Ireland it can get forgotten etc.
Don_Alfonso
Novice

Post by Don_Alfonso »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:09 am CJ has just invested in Louis’ sausage so you’d think he’d want to stay hands on.
CJ keen to stay hands on with Louis' sausage... gotcha.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Sam Carter, Michael Lowry and Tom Stewart (upgraded deal) renewing till 2023.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Happy days.