6 nations 22

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: 6 nations 22

Post by StandUp »

BR wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:10 am
Jackie Brown wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:52 pm I always enjoyed Brian Moore Where is he off to?
He's moving to do the women's matches.
So we have a male pundit for the female matches and two female “pundits” for the male matches.
Geniuses. 🙄
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It was n't that Ireland were great the Welsh were pathetic really How Bigger got picked for the Lions is the question to asked of Gartland
?
My Moth was JVDF tbh and another TBH was the fact despite doing little Carberry had a reasonable 10-15 minutes shuffling the ball to a player 2-3 feet from him successfully .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

JVDF has really put his hand up over the last year or so - he’s a very good player.

Not convinced that France will beat the 35 point handicap today; Italy should have a bit of fight in them at this stage and Les Bleus may well take their foot off the gas after securing the BP.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:02 am It was n't that Ireland were great the Welsh were pathetic really How Bigger got picked for the Lions is the question to asked of Gartland
?
My Moth was JVDF tbh and another TBH was the fact despite doing little Carberry had a reasonable 10-15 minutes shuffling the ball to a player 2-3 feet from him successfully .
VdF for me too Rum. It was a case of giving it to the debutant who had a decent outing.

Has to be one of the worst Welsh teams I've seen. You have to question why Ire were only able to put 27 points on them. Italy would have fancied their chances yesterday.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:48 am
rumncoke wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:02 am It was n't that Ireland were great the Welsh were pathetic really How Bigger got picked for the Lions is the question to asked of Gartland
?
VdF for me too Rum. It was a case of giving it to the debutant who had a decent outing.

Has to be one of the worst Welsh teams I've seen. You have to question why Ire were only able to put 27 points on them. Italy would have fancied their chances yesterday.
Leinster's URC side would have beaten them.

They brought nothing other than individual ability to the game.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

A Welsh team missing Alun Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, Taulupe Faletau, Justin Tipuric, George North, Leigh Halfpenny, Josh Navidi, and Dan Lydiate, all British and Irish Lions whether you agree with their selection or not.

The worry for Wales is that Welsh rugby appear to have absolutely no strength in depth, with a lot of the names mentioned above the wrong side of 30.

Could be a real Welsh drop off in the next couple of years.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:14 pm A Welsh team missing Alun Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, Taulupe Faletau, Justin Tipuric, George North, Leigh Halfpenny, Josh Navidi, and Dan Lydiate, all British and Irish Lions whether you agree with their selection or not.

The worry for Wales is that Welsh rugby appear to have absolutely no strength in depth, with a lot of the names mentioned above the wrong side of 30.

Could be a real Welsh drop off in the next couple of years.
They're all in their 30s (most well into their 30s) apart from "young" George who reaches that milestone in April
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

BR wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:10 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:48 am
?

Leinster's URC side would have beaten them.

They brought nothing other than individual ability to the game.
Correct BR. There was no sign of any cohesive strategy or game plan.
I’m not a big fan of Gatland, but he would never have allowed a Welsh team to take the field in such disarray.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Nevermind Leinster beating them, Ulster would have beaten that Welsh team.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Yes a full strength Ulster would have beaten Wales. Welsh Rugby seems to be falling off a cliff and their U 20s were humiliated as well.

Jvdf and Ringer were my top players. Sexton pulled all the strings. No injuries so all set for Paris.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Can't remember where I read recently that Welsh rugby is shrinking pretty quickly at all levels, with fewer players every year. Doesn't bode well for them. Despite our criticisms of them, I think we'd all prefer wolrd rugby with a decent Welsh team, rather than world rugby without them.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Italy been scrambling well this first half and giving France a game.
Hope they don’t run out of steam and open the gates to their line second half.
Adamson hasn’t made a total Brennan of himself yet! Lol :D
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Same old story - 'plucky Italians'.
Introducing promotion and relegation would do everyone good. Italians down, Georgians up, makes everything more interesting - a new opportunity for the Georgians, Italy winning a few matches for a change. Of course, this year, the Welsh could be bottom of the pile and heading down.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Ireland Wales game was utter dross. Welsh didn't seem to have any belief at all and their body language showed it. The surprise if anything was that ireland didn't manage to put a cricket score on. JGP had his worst game in green or blue and we still won comfortably. Scrum was nowhere near as dominant as it should have been. I think that's the difference between Henderson and beirne in the engine room.

Ringrose was MOTM for me by a long stretch. Hansen was v good for a debutant so I wouldn't begrudge him but ringrose was excellent every time he was involved and his try was a total peach. Shame for Hume in some respects because he'll never shift ringer now.
Seagull
Novice

Post by Seagull »

Thought France v Italy game strangely very similar to the Ireland v Wales game.
One totally dominant team against poor opposition, unable to convert their dominance into the number of tries they should have scored.
Both Ireland and France should have finished with 7 or 8 tries apiece.
Slightly worrying, but hopefully 1st game over and we can go to Paris and play with the attacking freedom shown against New Zealand.