Leinster v Ulster Sat 3rd Dec 19:35 Viaplay Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Leinster v Ulster Sat 3rd Dec 19:35 Viaplay Sports 1

Post by StandUp »

I certainly couldn’t blame Cooney if he leaves, he won’t win a thing here.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Mortified to be an Ulster fan tonight. Absolutely disgusting second half. What an opportunity and they crumbled yet again. Last week I said Doak was overrated now I’m saying he’s pure sh!te. All these guys … Rea, Doak, Burns and so may others who can occasionally look good against average opposition always get shown up when the crunch comes on v Leinster. Why the fk was doak kcking up and unders when well into the opposition’s half? How pathetic is that. Nice one Lowry, Hume and McCloskey you got absolutely destroyed by your opposite numbers and showed why you are miles away with Ireland. I was so close to going down to this only I couldn’t get out of work early enough. Thank fk I was nowhere near it.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I had to go out at half-time. :roll:

Someone bring me up to speed - how many did we win by? :cheers:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ulster32
Novice

Post by ulster32 »

Disgusting ‘whooping’ from Lowe after knocking Cooney out.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ulster32 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:38 pm Disgusting ‘whooping’ from Lowe after knocking Cooney out.
Disgusting from Lowe that he stopped the "1 minute continuous clapping for Doddie" after 45 seconds and was talking to someone next to him. :roll:
Maybe practicing keeping his elbows in close? :whistle:
Last edited by Cap'n Grumpy on Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing -
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Reminiscent of Leicester game 2 years ago. Cooney gets knocked out and we fold.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Add this to last seasons

Munster Away
Toulouse Home
Stormers URC Semi Final

There were more surrenders that we managed to get away with....... this is a mentality problem, cultural.

McFarseland Out
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Sad thing is that we're not the first team Leinster have done that to, and we won't be the last.
I'm not arguing -
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

HammerTime wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:37 pm Mortified to be an Ulster fan tonight. Absolutely disgusting second half. What an opportunity and they crumbled yet again. Last week I said Doak was overrated now I’m saying he’s pure sh!te. All these guys … Rea, Doak, Burns and so may others who can occasionally look good against average opposition always get shown up when the crunch comes on v Leinster. Why the fk was doak kcking up and unders when well into the opposition’s half? How pathetic is that. Nice one Lowry, Hume and McCloskey you got absolutely destroyed by your opposite numbers and showed why you are miles away with Ireland. I was so close to going down to this only I couldn’t get out of work early enough. Thank fk I was nowhere near it.
Slightly harsh. Leinster were good. It's Leinster ffs.
Ulster didnt show the experience or mental strength to build, and et them get away with stuff.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye »

Hate picking on individual players but game changed when Cooney went off. Doak far too slow at breakdown and rucks. Too busy looking round like a meerkat flapping its arms (paws?) it stopped go forward ball for us. As for the box kicking - enough said.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

fermain wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:43 pm
HammerTime wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:37 pm Mortified to be an Ulster fan tonight. Absolutely disgusting second half. What an opportunity and they crumbled yet again. Last week I said Doak was overrated now I’m saying he’s pure sh!te. All these guys … Rea, Doak, Burns and so may others who can occasionally look good against average opposition always get shown up when the crunch comes on v Leinster. Why the fk was doak kcking up and unders when well into the opposition’s half? How pathetic is that. Nice one Lowry, Hume and McCloskey you got absolutely destroyed by your opposite numbers and showed why you are miles away with Ireland. I was so close to going down to this only I couldn’t get out of work early enough. Thank fk I was nowhere near it.
Slightly harsh. Leinster were good. It's Leinster ffs.
Ulster didnt show the experience or mental strength to build, and et them get away with stuff.
Let Leinster be Leinster and they’ll destroy you. We dumped them on their collective holes in the first half and look how effective it was before cats in the headlights stuff in the second.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HammerTime wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:37 pm I was so close to going down to this only I couldn’t get out of work early enough. Thank fk I was nowhere near it.
I wish I had been down at it. I've had my fair share of defeats in Dublin, but I'd gladly have taken another one tonight because it would have meant that my own health and that of my nearest and dearest were in much better shape.

Disappointed - very disappointed, but there's more important things in life - unless you're one of the players or coaching staff.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HammerTime wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:49 pm Let Leinster be Leinster and they’ll destroy you.
The problem is that Leinster are Leinster.

We were better than them in first half, but not so much as to stop their bench turning it around. Our bench was good. Their's was excellent.
I'm not arguing -
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

That was an embarrassment. Trimble's comment was on the nose,"Out-classed, out-smarted and bullied." We really don't have the mental attitude for games like this. Every time we get a big lead early, my heart sinks. I'd rather have to slog it out for the whole 80 minutes. Do we need a new influence at the top to spmehow or other breed this into the team?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:51 pm
HammerTime wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:37 pm I was so close to going down to this only I couldn’t get out of work early enough. Thank fk I was nowhere near it.
I wish I had been down at it. I've had my fair share of defeats in Dublin, but I'd gladly have taken another one tonight because it would have meant that my own health and that of my nearest and dearest were in much better shape.

Disappointed - very disappointed, but there's more important things in life - unless you're one of the players or coaching staff.
Very fair comment, Cap'n. It is, indeed, only a game. :thumleft: