TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by StandUp »

damianmcr wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:44 pm
StandUp wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:28 pm Scott Robertson fancies a trip to Belfast….
Think he's wants the NZ job.
What crazy man would turn down UR for the All Blacks? He’d need to be certifiable >crazy1
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

StandUp wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:54 pm
damianmcr wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:44 pm
StandUp wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:28 pm Scott Robertson fancies a trip to Belfast….
Think he's wants the NZ job.
What crazy man would turn down UR for the All Blacks? He’d need to be certifiable >crazy1
Agreed
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

I'd be asking D4 for PO'C
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

scrum5 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:53 pm I'd be asking D4 for PO'C
Erm, I think we might need someone who has actual experience of being a head coach. :scratch:
He may be a terrific coach but now is not the time to experiment.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Give it to Super until the end of the season. Restore the offloading game.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:05 pm Give it to Super until the end of the season. Restore the offloading game.
Jobs for the boys? :lol:
TheUlsterTruth
Novice

Post by TheUlsterTruth »

I heard he didn't get the job
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

They didn't want a bottle merchant. I'm not shocked.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Dave wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:57 pm They didn't want a bottle merchant. I'm not shocked.
Can’t have done himself many favours with his recent interviews where he has repeatedly stated he doesn’t know what the problem is. Leicester are used to having someone like Borthwick who can identify an issue during the game and address it e.g. against us in the Challenge Cup semi final, so I’m not sure how keen they would be to take on someone who 5 weeks in to a run of awful form is still saying he doesn’t know what the problem is.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Very good point.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

McFarland is under contract til 2025. Euro cup is non starter, and the league is totally shot without a fit MM. If they can qualify in top 4, and rediscover their mojo I’d settle for that this season.

Several players need to NOT be recontracted, local, IQ, or not - out the door. The market will be flooded post WC. Too much nepotism at UR, and recontracting of poor players. Whether 3/4 choice or not…..low level players Aren’t going to push standards or drive young players.

Dan should be prepared to expose young players particularly McCann and Izzy (6)
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dharper wrote:McFarland is under contract til 2025. Euro cup is non starter, and the league is totally shot without a fit MM. If they can qualify in top 4, and rediscover their mojo I’d settle for that this season.

Several players need to NOT be recontracted, local, IQ, or not - out the door. The market will be flooded post WC. Too much nepotism at UR, and recontracting of poor players. Whether 3/4 choice or not…..low level players Aren’t going to push standards or drive young players.

We haven't seen Izzy since Dan publicly criticised him for being late too often.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Wasn’t aware of that…..he needs to apologise to the squad, then go and see Dan, and tell him sorry for being a prat, and to give him a chance he definitely has the physicality and athleticism to add an option at 6 with McCann (2nd row stocks are fine), we are short in backrow.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Dave wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:47 pm
Dharper wrote:McFarland is under contract til 2025. Euro cup is non starter, and the league is totally shot without a fit MM. If they can qualify in top 4, and rediscover their mojo I’d settle for that this season.

We haven't seen Izzy since Dan publicly criticised him for being late too often.
If that's accurate, there's even more wrong at UR than I thought. We really have to manage our young lads well as people not just as players.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »