Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Setanta »

Looking at the Ulster A team going away to Ealing on Friday I cannot imagine the frontrow reserves for the team going to Benetton. Am I missing something?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Dave »

Maybe Jeff is be available. With TOT. Warwick probably covering a third option. At tight head.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Setanta wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:20 pm Looking at the Ulster A team going away to Ealing on Friday I cannot imagine the frontrow reserves for the team going to Benetton. Am I missing something?
Assuming the A Team players won’t be involved in the Benetton game, that leaves us with:

LH: Sutherland, Warwick, O’Sullivan

Hooker: Herring (hopefully), Stewart, Andrew

TH: O’Toole, Toomaga-Allen (both must be fit)

Locks: Carter, O’Connor (hopefully), Treadwell, Henderson (think he has to be rested though)

Back row: Vermeulen, Murphy, Timoney, Jones, Reffell, Marcus Rea

Scrum halves: Cooney, Doak, McDonald

Fly halves: Burns, Madigan (hopefully)

Centres: Moore, Hume, Marshall, McCloskey (also possibly needs to be rested)

Wings: Stockdale, Baloucoune, McIlroy, Gilroy

Full backs: Lowry
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Setanta wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:20 pm Looking at the Ulster A team going away to Ealing on Friday I cannot imagine the frontrow reserves for the team going to Benetton. Am I missing something?
Milosynovich will be of no loss.

Hopefully Wilson leapfrogs him.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thecrouch wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:36 pm
Dharper wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:01 pm Massive point to prove by the group to the “external noise”. The aim has to be a bp win, a second half shut out, a solid MMless scrum, lower error count, more clinical attack.
There is no way we'll get a BP win here, a LBP is more likely!

It's going to be a heavily rotated side that travels to this, I think numerous players are due a rest. Treviso are pretty good at home, certainly good enough to beat rotated Ulster.

Given the euro game the week after I'd bet Hendo, Cooney, McCloskey, Vermuelen etc will all be watching this one on TV from their sofas.
FFFS Crouchie, get a dose of Tighten Up Syrup down yer neck. >EW I'm probably putting the kiss of death on it but here is the "Fact of the Day" for you: Ulster is the only team (Pre-Saffers joining) never to have lost away to Treviso/BenElton.

Given the parlous state of our season, we need to throw the kitchen sink at this game and forget La Rochelle it is unwinnable, turning up with our strongest would be a serious error. Indeed cunning plan for LR would be to select Jeff Yin NZ Cap & Gen.Milosevic, due to the fact that no matter what team we send, the rounds of the kitchen will be the likely result - anything less than 50 points against, a triumph.

As for Hendy, play him this week, and if Farrell & his cohorts demand a rest, let him watch La Rochelle on BT Sport with his feet up, Sale also if it comes to it.

After the last 5 matches, can there be a coach out there who doesn't know how to beat Ulster? The appropriate game-plan is all that is needed if the team has a smattering of good players and some intestinal fortitude.

Lose on Saturday and the season will be unravelling before our horrified eyes and LOOK, despite the Fact of the Day, this will be struggle.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:30 pm
thecrouch wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:36 pm
Dharper wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:01 pm Massive point to prove by the group to the “external noise”. The aim has to be a bp win, a second half shut out, a solid MMless scrum, lower error count, more clinical attack.
There is no way we'll get a BP win here, a LBP is more likely!

It's going to be a heavily rotated side that travels to this, I think numerous players are due a rest. Treviso are pretty good at home, certainly good enough to beat rotated Ulster.

Given the euro game the week after I'd bet Hendo, Cooney, McCloskey, Vermuelen etc will all be watching this one on TV from their sofas.
FFFS Crouchie, get a dose of Tighten Up Syrup down yer neck. >EW I'm probably putting the kiss of death on it but here is the "Fact of the Day" for you: Ulster is the only team (Pre-Saffers joining) never to have lost away to Treviso/BenElton.

Given the parlous state of our season, we need to throw the kitchen sink at this game and forget La Rochelle it is unwinnable, turning up with our strongest would be a serious error. Indeed cunning plan for LR would be to select Jeff Yin NZ Cap & Gen.Milosevic, due to the fact that no matter what team we send, the rounds of the kitchen will be the likely result - anything less than 50 points against, a triumph.

As for Hendy, play him this week, and if Farrell & his cohorts demand a rest, let him watch La Rochelle on BT Sport with his feet up, Sale also if it comes to it.

After the last 5 matches, can there be a coach out there who doesn't know how to beat Ulster? The appropriate game-plan is all that is needed if the team has a smattering of good players and some intestinal fortitude.

Lose on Saturday and the season will be unravelling before our horrified eyes and LOOK, despite the Fact of the Day, this will be struggle.
Jaysus Baggy I nearly fell off my chair when I saw you had responded to me. Hope all is well!

I can't be taking any more tighten up syrup I'm afraid, it gives me the scutters. Years of disappointment with Ulster have worn me down and my innards can't take it no more.

I don't think there's any chance we prioritise a league game over Europe, though I hope we do. Europe is dead for us, it would be foolish to continue that dance.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

What is this I see before me? I was hungry and I now I have something to eat. Thirsty and you gave me something to drink. Naked and you let me have some of your Baggy clothes.

Look who is back.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Always remember "back" can be a relative term. >EW

God, I'd kill for a good :stout:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Always remember "back" can be a relative term. >EW

God, I'd kill for a good :stout:
I guess I'll starve then.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Because he's the poster UAFC deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark baggy....
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

UR have to go full throttle this week, last week and the recent run, and negative noise around that run and UR generally has forced that situation for me, pretty straightforward.

Perhaps slightly more contentiously, the LAR game can be written off without any real serious debate. The euro cup campaign is effectively over and its away so fine no problem, that said…I think we have to go 100% at Sale, and seriously hope we do.

Whatever the travel disruptions etc, that group embarrassed themselves and UR, and the history books reflect it in that result at Sale. They need to put it right, and more importantly they need to be seen to care, and square it off…..I think UR need a old fashioned euro night blood and thunder performance at Ravenhill. There is then a 6 day turnaround to stormers at home after, but then a 3 week break.

I just can’t see how you can be prepared to lose at home to Sale, but then have an attitude of winning every league game/fighting for every inch etc.

That Sale game for me isn’t about pts or euro qualification….it’s far more important than that. I hope Dan is of the same opinion and has full rein from Dublin.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

We wait all this time for Baggy'a resurrection and we get this drivel?
Who would UR think they are to throw games and compete in others!
Our mental approach to winning is already crap, and we need to approach every game ( irfu permitting ) in a competitive mood.
Baggys approach would drive ticket sales ( and ST sales) even lower
Not an inch!
Suftum!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So Jeff TA going to Italy then.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster team to play Benetton, BKT United Rugby Championship Round 12, Saturday 7 January at Stadio Monigo (KO 1pm), live on Viaplay and URC.tv.

(15-9): Mike Lowry, Rob Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Jacob Stockdale, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8): Eric O’Sullivan, Rob Herring, Jeff Toomaga-Allen, Kieran Treadwell, Iain Henderson (Captain), Greg Jones, Sean Reffell, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Rory Sutherland, Andy Warwick, Alan O’Connor, Duane Vermeulen, Nathan Doak, Stewart Moore, Ethan McIlroy.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

My cup runneth over, this selection can only be seen as a recognition of priorities. I hope the A team enjoy a nice holiday in France next week.