Ulster v bulls Sat 25th 7.35pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v bulls Sat 25th 7.35pm

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:45 pm
justinr73 wrote:Whether it hurt or not aside, Jackman and Kinsella say it wasn’t a pen.

And the ref could not have had a better view of it in real time. Happened right under his nose.
It depends which side of du plessis you look at. His left arm could be said to try and wrap, but the full force of the impact was from a tucked arm into an exposed back. He knew exactly what he was doing and it a cheap shot rightly picked up by the TMO.
I agree fwiw.

The dirty old get spotted his chance from miles away.
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Was at the game last night so watching the reply now. Winker Watson advising in the build up Cooney is signed up for next season "if rumours are to be true"
Imo I think if Cooney had re-signed with Ulster for next season he would have had more than 1 start in the last 7 games. Could well be wrong as Ulster love announcing a contact extension/new signing the week before a big game!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote:Whether it hurt or not aside, Jackman and Kinsella say it wasn’t a pen.

And the ref could not have had a better view of it in real time. Happened right under his nose.
It depends which side of du plessis you look at. His left arm could be said to try and wrap, but the full force of the impact was from a tucked arm into an exposed back. He knew exactly what he was doing and it a cheap shot rightly picked up by the TMO.
Well Kinsella and Jackman are very silly men. Expect better from Kinsella. Du Plessis didn't come through the gate, penalty. The rest is up for debate.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Have Ulster now qualified for the European champions cup for next season?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Big-al wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:38 pm Have Ulster now qualified for the European champions cup for next season?
Not sure of all of the ins and outs but given that Ulster is guaranteed to finish in the top 4 now the answer has to be yes.

It should be the top 7 plus the best welsh team. The welsh are guaranteed a place as are the scots/italians (1 place between them) but with glasgow finishing inside the top 8 that will be a moo point. What i don't know is what happens if the 8th place team in the league standings (eg connacht or Sharks) then wins the URC through the knockout stages. I'd imagine that would give them a place, probably at the expense of the 7th place club , assuming that was not glasgow or if it was, then at the expense of the 6th placed club.

But whatever happens, ulster has surely qualified.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Bart S wrote:
Big-al wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:38 pm Have Ulster now qualified for the European champions cup for next season?
Not sure of all of the ins and outs but given that Ulster is guaranteed to finish in the top 4 now the answer has to be yes.

It should be the top 7 plus the best welsh team. The welsh are guaranteed a place as are the scots/italians (1 place between them) but with glasgow finishing inside the top 8 that will be a moo point. What i don't know is what happens if the 8th place team in the league standings (eg connacht or Sharks) then wins the URC through the knockout stages. I'd imagine that would give them a place, probably at the expense of the 7th place club , assuming that was not glasgow or if it was, then at the expense of the 6th placed club.

But whatever happens, ulster has surely qualified.
The winners of the challenge Cup also get a place, so could affect the qualifiers yet as well.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:18 pm

Well Kinsella and Jackman are very silly men. Expect better from Kinsella. Du Plessis didn't come through the gate, penalty. The rest is up for debate.
The pen was deffo given for a no arms tackle.

Isn’t it the case that no ruck had been formed so he couldn’t be pinged for coming in at the side?

Maybe someone who knows the rules better than me can confirm?!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Did he have the ball? No arms tackle, man without the ball, led with the shoulder... but no, it's Billy's fault for pretending to be hurt.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

austintranslation wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:42 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote:Was at the game last night so watching the reply now. Winker Watson advising in the build up Cooney is signed up for next season "if rumours are to be true"
Imo I think if Cooney had re-signed with Ulster for next season he would have had more than 1 start in the last 7 games. Could well be wrong as Ulster love announcing a contact extension/new signing the week before a big game!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
You missed the bit where I said he’s been managing an injury!

Slightly unusual that it was Winker who got the scoop but the jungle drums have now got as far as the BT….