Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by justinr73 »

solidarity wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:16 pm
allezlesverres wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:01 pm
BaggyTrousers wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:32 pm Atmosphere? It's a joint effort, team and supporters.

It is a fact that the eternally stupid, like the poor will always be with us. I've heard estimates between 700K - 850K as the hammering the coffers of UR took thanks to this act of treachery to which the FIRFUCs were complicit. What level of Moron must you be to then consider that the game should be free gratis? Some people are just as dumb as a beg of racks.

Rant Ends.
Regarding the atmosphere I agree it is a joint thing. What boils my pi$h is the idea (not your idea) that the team are entitled to the atmosphere. They aren't. If they serve up awful boring rugby and show no passion themselves, the crowd react in kind.

The crowd do still get their dander up from time to time. If we get the stormers in a SF, I think it will be pretty electric.
Correct, it's a joint thing. I also think the gentrification thing is right, we're a more polite crowd than we were before. I also think the big reduction in peope standing is a factor. There's something about standing that builds an atmosphere, maybe there's more bodies packed together, feeding off each other. As for the age element. As an old bloke, I'm convinced that the younger generation are so used to merely watching at a distance or on a screen that they don't get really involved at a gut level.

By the way, did everybody get their emergency call on Sunday at 3.00pm? I didn't! presumably, when Armageddon comes, I'm dispensable, expendable, surplus to requirtements.
It’s not just Ulster or rugby.

The atmosphere at grounds like Ninian Park, the Vetch Field, the Baseball Ground, Highbury etc hasn’t been replicated, arguably for the better.

Made me laugh earlier this season when some kids turned up at Ravenhill and took the pi$h when they saw the corners hadn’t been filled in.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:54 pm
BR wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:46 pm
BR wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:33 pm Surprised you got that one past the thought police.
Glad I didn't bring to mind the wearing of thermals/skins/l-s tees under a short sleeved jersey - I could have ended up being exiled to the Exiles.
That's fine imo
So I can wear lycra type shirt under a short sleeved Ulster jersey (for standing watching a match) but not a long sleeved jersey?

Are there any rules about my kacks?
You can't even get long sleeve jerseys!?
I have a few in my sizable wardrobe.
Boxers, no briefs.
And thermals for winter?

And anti-bac-kacks for European weekends?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Solids, I've never been averse to attracting the ire of entire sections of the readership, so yes, YUTES.

Well they are not what they once were. Times were when a yute kicked fitba most of the day, the brighter ones went to Uni and got angry about issues, went places and protested, maybe even threw the odd petrol bomb it their pish was sufficiently boiled.

NOW - they all have "devices" some feel the need to know real people, others are content to have hundreds of "friends" purely through the ether on Bakeface, Instafeck TikFeck and whatever else and old fart like myself avoids like the plague until catching COVID. They don't protest about anything but a poor internet connection.

In times past I'd have blamed the parents, now I just blame life, I can't wait to be dead, life is full of crap, if I could just outlast Donal Spring, David Nucimotherfecker, Welthead Fanning, get a pish on Thatcher's grave I'd feel I was ready to shake off my mortal coil.

I yearn for human extinction, just not until I see us beat the Mexicrunts again.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
BR wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:46 pm
BR wrote: Glad I didn't bring to mind the wearing of thermals/skins/l-s tees under a short sleeved jersey - I could have ended up being exiled to the Exiles.
That's fine imo
So I can wear lycra type shirt under a short sleeved Ulster jersey (for standing watching a match) but not a long sleeved jersey?

Boxers, no briefs.
And thermals for winter?

I will allow it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:36 am
BR wrote:
BR wrote:
Dave wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:46 pm That's fine imo

Boxers, no briefs.
And thermals for winter?

I will allow it.
My nads and I thank you! >you_rock
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Dont forget that for East Terrace dwellers sunglasses may be advisable/recommended for at least the first half of the match if it's a sunny evening.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:28 am Well they are not what they once were. Times were when a yute kicked fitba most of the day, the brighter ones went to Uni and got angry about issues, went places and protested, maybe even threw the odd petrol bomb it their pish was sufficiently boiled.

NOW - they all have "devices" some feel the need to know real people, others are content to have hundreds of "friends" purely through the ether on Bakeface, Instafeck TikFeck and whatever else and old fart like myself avoids like the plague until catching COVID. They don't protest about anything but a poor internet connection.
Nail, head, hit.

I guess that every generation feels that Da Yutes are not up to what they used to be but I do have a sneaky suspicion that this time it may well be true. Used to be that Yutes were mostly angry left wingers, now they are more liable to get angry that the world isn't giving them the living it owes them. Curiously, I blame our generation that taught them to want a celf-centred life. Or is there a generation between them and us that I can blame?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Usual Ticket master neurosurgery .
At the opening of the priority booking session for STs, " best available " seating was all behind the posts at either end. Having secured my own ST seat I wanted to buy 5 promenade terrace for the fit and able in the family. None available??!!
Quick call to UR. "Wait an hour by which time all tickets will be available and seating plan also up"
Did so, and sorted.
However, Confirms TM operating model. (As evidenced recently at the Aviva Leinster game) Put the less popular seats on sale first so that the initial rush of loyal fans get the c**p. Then release the rest.
Are UR complicit in this subterfuge? Or solely TM?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Skullduggery?
:shock: :D :duh:
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Every generation thinks the one that preceeded it is useless and good for nothing. Any boomers on here think their kids will be able to retire when they did or plan to?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:47 pm Every generation thinks the one that preceeded it is useless and good for nothing. Any boomers on here think their kids will be able to retire when they did or plan to?
No chance.

State pension will probably be 70 for Millenials. Public sector pensions are now based on average salary rather than final salary and are paid at state pension age rather than at 60. Hefty student loans make it difficult to supplement the pension pot.

The only thing in their favour might be inheritance.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:16 pm
By the way, did everybody get their emergency call on Sunday at 3.00pm? I didn't! presumably, when Armageddon comes, I'm dispensable, expendable, surplus to requirtements.
If you got your emergency call, just ignore him. It's not important. He's just looking for attention and thinks he's important - he's not!

If anyone else didn't get the call, please don't bother the rest of us - we don't have time to talk to people like you. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:07 am And thermals for winter?
Yer gettin soft.

I've been through the last couple of winters and taken in every Ulster match at ravenspan in shorts, canvas shoes and no socks. And when I get to the car or get home, or the soonest i can dispense with them, the shoes come off cos the feet are too warm.

The best way to not have cold feet is get them used to being cold, then you won't feel it. And yes, I do still feel my feet, they're nat frozen numb like they used to be. I honestly recommend it.

I first stopped wearing socks about 7-8 years ago, but initially put on thick ones when going to a rugby match, especially on frosty nights. Big mistake. Pamper yer feet, they expect to get pampered for the rest of yer life.

And the best bit, you don't have to feel every ache and pain in yer auld body when you bend over to put them on or take them off (which was the real reason I stopped wearing them).

As for shorts over trousers . . . . no, shorts instead of trousers (shorts over trousers would be too much and totally silly), when the wind drives the rain into you at Ravenspan or elsewhere and (you don't have a MUM to stand behind) your legs get wet, you then have the satisfaction of knowing they'll be dry a few minutes after the rain stops. All those in trousers will have soaking freezing legs til they get home and get their troosers off.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:56 pm
jean valjean wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:47 pm Every generation thinks the one that preceeded it is useless and good for nothing. Any boomers on here think their kids will be able to retire when they did or plan to?
No chance.

State pension will probably be 70 for Millenials. Public sector pensions are now based on average salary rather than final salary and are paid at state pension age rather than at 60. Hefty student loans make it difficult to supplement the pension pot.

Or you just earn more and retire when you have enough? :duck:

And if you do go to university, don't take every penny you're offered by student loans, just what you actually need? :whistle:
I'm not arguing -
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:18 pm
big mervyn wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:56 pm
No chance.

Or you just earn more and retire when you have enough? :duck:

And if you do go to university, don't take every penny you're offered by student loans, just what you actually need? :whistle:
Paid my student loan off a few years back, made the mistake of advising the missus, resulted in me diverting former student loan payments into joint household account. Moral of the story.... I'd of been better taking the max student loan out and pishing it up against a wall in my yute, or from a first floor fire escape.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18