Where do we go from here?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TheUlsterTruth
Novice

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by TheUlsterTruth »

Once we agree that we are writing the cheque then we can move on to who's next

At least we would be moving on
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:58 pm
Ethel wrote:Big Changes needed , however big , someone has to go.
You're not immune either. Has your tea been good enough? What about those burnt sausage rolls last week?
Have you taken your learnings and moved on Ethel?
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

nonplussed wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:47 am If we all change our expectaion to accepting that we are the 4th province, with players that maybe good enough but are actually don't care as much as the fans, then everyone will be happy... Its the fans fault for thinking we should be any good... Sack the fans!
+1. Jackman thinks it was a "bad crowd" :banghead: :duh: :roll:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:25 pm Just to be clear on the list of outs:
McFarseland
Cunningham
Petrie
FIRFU
Kingspan
New Sparky
Billy Burns
Ethel

Have I missed anyone or anything?
Malone
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

kingofthehill wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:30 pm
TheUlsterTruth wrote:Rory as DOR

JP as head coach - probably has a 6 month clause if he's a already signed a contract

Sometimes you have to write the cheque - sell the houses
Now come on, you’re writing the cheque for Payne and BestImage

If you insist on staying close to home (for whatever reason Ulster fans seem to love) surely you’re going to McCall for DOR with his proven track record and not Rory who just retired and has absolutely no experience.
Head coach….if you want to write cheques then you get Jamie Joseph or Tony Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good call KOH- We can set up crowd funding. Sadly I reckon with some if not all of this current dross for another season of pain at least
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:02 pm
nonplussed wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:47 am If we all change our expectaion to accepting that we are the 4th province, with players that maybe good enough but are actually don't care as much as the fans, then everyone will be happy... Its the fans fault for thinking we should be any good... Sack the fans!
+1. Jackman thinks it was a "bad crowd" :banghead: :duh: :roll:
sadly hes right, my lad was there and said he wasn't comfortable with some of the adults behaviour, said people were 'too drunk,' 'not even watching the game,' 'slagging the ref constantly, even though they knew nothing'...and hes 15 and six foot, plays at a decent youth level and has said he doesnt really want to go back... saves me cash and taxiinig the big yoke!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I was in the memorial stand and the level of knowledge was poor in a significant minority. Booing Brace was poor especially as he was mostly correct. But wasn't aware of any trouble in or around the ground. Many were angry with team, not Connacht or Ref apart from the ignorant. Not sure if it was significantly different than usual. I stand to be corrected. Not watching the game is my bugbear tbh.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:01 pm I was in the memorial stand and the level of knowledge was poor in a significant minority. Booing Brace was poor especially as he was mostly correct. But wasn't aware of any trouble in or around the ground. Many were angry with team, not Connacht or Ref apart from the ignorant. Not sure if it was significantly different than usual. I stand to be corrected. Not watching the game is my bugbear tbh.
I can only go by my son's report, he has been going on and off for years, but this time he said he wasn't keen to go back as he hasn't been enjoying it... something I went through a few years back. Im more interested in watching rugby than a match day experience, maybe hes just growing up and coming to the same conclusion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:03 pm
Dave wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:25 pm Just to be clear on the list of outs:
McFarseland
Cunningham
Petrie
FIRFU
Kingspan
New Sparky
Billy Burns
Ethel

Have I missed anyone or anything?
Malone
The "Band" (put it in writing just in case anybody decides to let them back in)

The lone trumpeter can stay. I don't mind him.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Just to be clear on the list of outs:
McFarseland
Cunningham
Petrie
FIRFU
Kingspan
New Sparky
Billy Burns
Ethel
The Band
Malone
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:52 pm Just to be clear on the list of outs:
McFarseland
Cunningham
Petrie
FIRFU
Kingspan
New Sparky
Billy Burns
Ethel
The Band
Malone
If we are talking about the need for a major clear out from Ravers/Kingspan then trap 2 needs to be added to the list.

I reckon the person who had to clean the bogs at Trevor Brennan's bar in Toulouse would be suitably qualified
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

You should all stand on the east terrace where no one is ever wrong and the referee is respected at all times.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

What's Brian McLaughlin doing these days?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

nonplussed wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:08 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:01 pm I was in the memorial stand and the level of knowledge was poor in a significant minority. Booing Brace was poor especially as he was mostly correct. But wasn't aware of any trouble in or around the ground. Many were angry with team, not Connacht or Ref apart from the ignorant. Not sure if it was significantly different than usual. I stand to be corrected. Not watching the game is my bugbear tbh.
I can only go by my son's report, he has been going on and off for years, but this time he said he wasn't keen to go back as he hasn't been enjoying it... something I went through a few years back. Im more interested in watching rugby than a match day experience, maybe hes just growing up and coming to the same conclusion.
I reckon he's a good judge NP
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

jean valjean wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:06 pm You should all stand on the east terrace where no one is ever wrong and the referee is respected at all times.
I can't wait to get back to the East terrace. I hate sitting tbh. And especially at Ravers. Even in the old days of the huge terrace with concrete sleepers and the cinders at the top, before the fancy stands. Great memories includes ABs , Aussies downed, and up close when Phil Matthews slipped a peach of a punch blindside in a preseason agin Biarritz in the late 80's >threaten >EW