Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

So It Is
Initiate

Re: Contract Situation

Post by So It Is »

Matt Kvesic moving from Zebre (after fleeing Worcester) for Championship side Coventry next season.

I'm a big fan of his. Good carrier, big engine, complete pain in the hole at breakdowns, ex international, only 31 years old, probably would cost peanuts etc.

Naturally, I can see why none of the above would have interested Bryn, as we have Matty Rea and Greg Jones as cover.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Good player. There'll be more like this over the next few months. Fire sale from L.I. Probably. Wonder if we're talking to anyone? :roll: :banghead:
Exterminate all rational thought
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Been talking to me
Altho mostly a centre or wing, my natural devastating speed and tackling ability was applied as wing forward.. Absolute wrecker of opposition 10s. Represented NI BB v Edinburgh at Murrayfield playing in back row. Can play piano and guitar and good for squad morale and kids parties.
I am 77
A shoo in?!
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

Sam Carter landing with the Tigers, certainly fits the mould of the dominating, snarling locks they're used to...
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

DodgyEverything wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:07 pm Sam Carter landing with the Tigers, certainly fits the mould of the dominating, snarling locks they're used to...
Lucky for him that his old mate from the Brumbies has taken over at Welford Road.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:51 am Been talking to me
Altho mostly a centre or wing, my natural devastating speed and tackling ability was applied as wing forward.. Absolute wrecker of opposition 10s. Represented NI BB v Edinburgh at Murrayfield playing in back row. Can play piano and guitar and good for squad morale and kids parties.
I am 77
A shoo in?!
UR needs more BB boys :salut: :cheers:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

DodgyEverything wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:07 pm Sam Carter landing with the Tigers, certainly fits the mould of the dominating, snarling locks they're used to...
:duh: :shock:
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

So what do you really think of him then?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

tigerburnie wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:16 pm So what do you really think of him then?
Past his best TB. Squad filler. Maybe ye can get more out of him. Last season was decent but a multicap international should provide so much more than secure lineout ball.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:29 pm
tigerburnie wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:16 pm So what do you really think of him then?
Past his best TB. Squad filler. Maybe ye can get more out of him. Last season was decent but a multicap international should provide so much more than secure lineout ball.
Ta, secure lineout will be a start ours has been off at times.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:00 pm
I am 77
A shoo in?!
I missed out on a 'cap' when the company captain forgot to tell us when the trials were taking place! :banghead:
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
I am 77
A shoo in?!
I read this as more Billy Burns
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Not to rain on your parade but he’s been poor for us, especially as he was somehow an Aussie international. Decent line out operator but got dumped on his @rse on every carry. I’m saying that it would be typical Ulster for him to go to the tigers and turn out decent!!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

solidarity wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:14 pm
I am 77
A shoo in?!
I missed out on a 'cap' when the company captain forgot to tell us when the trials were taking place! :banghead:
Did you not get your cap down at BB house? With the wee Caramac badge?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:07 pm
solidarity wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:14 pm
I am 77
A shoo in?!
Did you not get your cap down at BB house? With the wee Caramac badge?
Hppy days all the same!

I'm still close to half a dozen of the guys I camre through the BB with 50 years ago.