Plastic Pitch

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Plastic Pitch

Post by Dave »

10 or 15 only wrote:I assume our current grass pitch is like a meadow now.
Helping environmental issues for a few weeks. :stir:
The bees will be buzzing.

I'll get my coat....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

if not already dug up
lets make a proper horliks of it
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Someone said it has already been lifted. I suppose it could be relaid in grass if things go pear shaped with planning.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

more and more unbelievable
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:26 pm Someone said it has already been lifted. I suppose it could be relaid in grass if things go pear shaped with planning.
Grass still there at the Summer Fair last week..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Bobbievee wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:33 pm more and more unbelievable
Yep unbelievable …. UR sat on this for best part of the year then tried to rush proposal through without any environment consideration… no biodiversity checks despite being a requirement by NIEA then no wonder they query it… chemical discharge into the Loop River which would damage the aquatic life along it queried by the statutory body responsible no wonder it was halted..

Then there is the fact that the rubber infill they intend to use was banned by the EU in April this year… they were asked about using an alternative and they said no …

Arrogant or what to submit an application with more gaps than our defence
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Could be heading for the end of Petrie.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think some of you are over-egging how useful a pitch might be to this squad anyway.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I, who am temporarily lazy and permanently tired have been compelled to type a few words.

Last year's total – full contract 46; development contract 2; Academy 12 TOTAL 60
This year's total – full contract 38; development contract 6; Academy 16 TOTAL 60

Loose head props - +1 Kitshoff
Hookers - -1 Moore off to Connacht
Tight head props - -1 Milo and JTA gone and French added
Locks - -2 Carter and FBR but McNabney and Sheridan added to Development
Backrows - -2 Murphy retired and Vermeulen gone but Ewers added plus Crothers to Development
Scrumhalves - -1 MacDonald off to Connacht but McKee added to development
Outhalves - -1 Madigan to club rugby
Centres - -1 Moore to back three but Carson to Development
Back three - -2 Gilroy and Lyttle but Moore from centre and O'Brien added to Development

Now I think JTA and Lyttle will be missed but the numbers are the same and the boys coming in are Ulster born, Ulster bred, thick in the arm and thick in the head. There will be 16 in the Academy of which 7 could be used at need already.

I think the criticism aimed at McFarlane has been unnecessary and unfair. We could/should have had that silverware that has gone to Munster. I blame the President for letting all the ground staff go just because he decided he was going for a plastic pitch! 500 – 700 thousand down the drain as well as the silverware. From hearsay it seems the paperwork is also not completed.
We can/shall win siverware this year. The night is always darkest just before the dawn; SUFTU.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

The planning application has an estimate of 3 to 4 months for the work to be completed. Assuming that the BCC planing committee meet in July it is going to be August at the earliest for them to start which means probably a November finish if no snags or hold ups. If as is likely the BCC Committee don’t meet until August and judging by the date of the last meeting it would be late August which would mean a September start and a December finish.
So where will Petrie book for our ERC match in December and how will all the season ticket holders who will by then have paid in advance with no home games before Christmas.
Or will we be travelling to all matches as away fixtures at the Aviva or RDS or will the Blues and the IFA be getting a bonus payment.
Interesting thoughts but as we already know from our ERC the Ulster management are masters of flexible planning.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Aird wrote:The planning application has an estimate of 3 to 4 months for the work to be completed. Assuming that the BCC planing committee meet in July it is going to be August at the earliest for them to start which means probably a November finish if no snags or hold ups. If as is likely the BCC Committee don’t meet until August and judging by the date of the last meeting it would be late August which would mean a September start and a December finish.
So where will Petrie book for our ERC match in December and how will all the season ticket holders who will by then have paid in advance with no home games before Christmas.
Or will we be travelling to all matches as away fixtures at the Aviva or RDS or will the Blues and the IFA be getting a bonus payment.
Interesting thoughts but as we already know from our ERC the Ulster management are masters of flexible planning.
It seems less and less likely that a new pitch will be in place by October. Image

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:34 am
damianmcr wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:46 am
Belfast city councillors are to visit Ulster Rugby’s Kingspan stadium before deciding on planning permission for its proposed new 3G pitch. 🏉

At meeting of planning committee, councillors decided to seek further information & visit the stadium, before reaching a conclusion.
Bobbievee wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:17 am So what was the BCC decision tonight?
Junket.
was that one word, or two (with a tiny typo)?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HammerTime wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:19 pm Could be heading for the end of Petrie.
No "could be" about it.

There's already a head at the top end of Petri

Question is, wot's in it?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
HammerTime wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:19 pm Could be heading for the end of Petrie.
No "could be" about it.

Yeah but what about his end?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:44 am
No "could be" about it.

Tend to agree .. I know a resident that attended meetings with UR and the general consensus was the arrogance … one person who I understand may have been a senior member of the legal profession walked out after being insulted and others told off like school children.. it is what has got backs up.