2023 world cup

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 2023 world cup

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:39 am As for England given the draw and their style of play they could win the Cup.

England always have a strong defence ,a goal kicker and that rub of liniment to score a drop goal at the right time

Not the combination to write off. ( but one which is hard to like )
Apparently Farrell Og has been scrapping with young Arundel in training and doesn't want the boy wonder in the team. I f Engerland win the RWC, I'll retire to Bedlam!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:57 am
rumncoke wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:39 am As for England given the draw and their style of play they could win the Cup.

England always have a strong defence ,a goal kicker and that rub of liniment to score a drop goal at the right time

Not the combination to write off. ( but one which is hard to like )
Apparently Farrell Og has been scrapping with young Arundel in training and doesn't want the boy wonder in the team. I f Engerland win the RWC, I'll retire to Bedlam!
Think we listen to the same podcast!

And Rum has finally gone completely mad.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Unchanged starting XV to face the All Blacks on Saturday. McCarthy and O'Brien on the bench instead of Ryan and McCloskey. Tough on McCloskey who had a fine game on Saturday. Suggests to me that they're concerned Hansen won't last the 80 minutes.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

From what I've heard, Hansen won't even start

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Jackie Brown wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:25 pm From what I've heard, Hansen won't even start

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Mind games
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The word was" could " not "would "

But it is nightmare i have

Just a reminder that sh-t happens
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Eddie running for cover!

Reports out of Japan have claimed that Australia boss Eddie Jones is expected to take over their national rugby team, despite recently confirming his commitment to the Wallabies after a disastrous Rugby World Cup. Jones led the team to their first-ever pool stage exit, after defeats to Fiji and Wales added fuel to the fire with his position under pressure.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Big Duane starts against France.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Couple of fairly recognisable Ulster fans at the Captain’s Run today.

Shame it wasn’t HWM in his onesie!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:27 am Big Duane starts against France.
By far the best news of the day. Given I haven't a solitary feck to give about the Bogmen, it is a great delight to me to see Duane given the opportunity to either be his magnificent self and duff up a few Grenouilles or alternatively, go out with his boots on as his magnificent career demands.

Indeed, given Suid Africa have 2 Ulstermen in their pack, I wish them every success this weekend.

For those of you who remain committed Bogmen, you have my sympathy. I can tell you that watching a tournament with 4 quality teams in it and not really caring who wins it is a great experience, just enjoying the rugby. If any of the top 4 faced England, of course I would even support Ireland against them but that is a far-fetched scenario.

This weekend, NZ could beat Ireland but there is absolutely no good reason to expect that they will, every single portent suggests Irekand win that game, thought only a fool would say NZ have not the winning of the game. However, their last 2 games against credible opposition have been a wash, two significant beatings, If the Bogmen hold their nerve, they win.

The other quality game, France v SA, well it is intriguing, everything tells me France are a better team, cependant, d'un autre côté, everything also tells me South Africa are the teams best placed to beat France.

I think Ireland will beat NZ, that is an impartial view, I'm not an Ireland supporter, I HATE the FIRFUCs, If France beat SA I think they would beat Ireland in a final, however if SA beat FRance I think there is every chance that Ireland would beat SA again. Certainly, if their lineout performed, there would have been no talk of Liboks and Pfaf's missed kicks, Ireland would have won without the stress they finished with.

There are no circumstances in which the winners of the other 2 QFs will have teh remotest influence of who wins the RWC.

You have been helped.

G'wan Duane :red:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ireland have the better kiwis. Ireland by 20.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

The Late Late Show currently featuring two Irish rugby " legends" Hannah Tyrell ( 19 caps) and Ian Madigan ( 31 caps).
The word legend has been well devalued over the years.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

All Blacks to win, based solely on a history of winning in the knockout stages and Ireland having none. Fancy they will beat us based on their centres outperforming ours, whether it is Bundee getting a card or well timed passes sending their players through
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bundee is certainly due a yellow for Ireland. He’s not had one in his 52 Tests.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:18 am Bundee is certainly due a yellow for Ireland. He’s not had one in his 52 Tests.
Two reds though